Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I dunno, the backup D-men have been pretty decent so far from what I've seen for Vancouver.

Sbisa still needs to go though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Geoff Peterson posted:

I'll never understand why there's no penalty for loving around with players on ice after icing

"Oh, poo poo, I'm sorry. Yes, I'm a professional NHL player and I only make this error when it benefits my team, but I totally just had a concentration lapse. You mean I wasn't on the ice there? poo poo. Oh well, back to the bench. Glad my team got an extra 30 seconds of rest while you figure it out"

It is lovely and should be a delay of game in my opinion. Every team does it and it should stop.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Refs are letting some poo poo go. Was a weak slash but still a slash, looked like some trippyish poo poo going on in the Wild defensive zone. Didn't really seek the hook from Daniel when you only have one hand on the stick though to be honest but whatever, hooks a hook. Then he gets a leg lock put on him.

GETTIN CHIPPY

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Geoff Peterson posted:

yeah, sorry, wasn't trying to call out any specific players or teams. Sedin just brought it back to mind. I'm aware it's widespread.

With any luck they'll treat it like diving where you get a warning or two, then a fine and more fines from there, coach as well.

I want to see that minor delay of game but not really garbage gone from the game.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

how come you guys aren't still poo poo talking the 26 year old who's in his first NHL game ever

guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

grack posted:

That was Flyers/Penguins level nuts for like 20 seconds.

And cut to a shot of the linesman trying to pull Burrows off of a Minnesota player after a scrum.

Burrows with his hand up going "I'm not doing anything" as he has his full upper body on a face down Wild player

ehnus posted:

I like Eddie. Let's keep him.

edit: he'll probably be traded for Dan Ellis

He'll play for us for another half decade, then we'll bring in a coach from the Rangers who will sleep with his wife then poo poo on his dog and he'll get traded.

• Locked thread