Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Like, sometimes when I go out with regular people I know they have don't like the things I do. Being ashamed that I am a huge vb6 fan, I talk about it but don't mention technical things that would give away the fact I actually like it. I feel it is the same way with pokemon and dragon ballz.

Do you ever have to hide your true self from the world yospos? Doesn't it feel dirty to hide who you really are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
never go outside without the groucho nose+spectacles combo

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

im deeply ashamed of who i am and avoid facing my true self through a shell of irony. and if any odd thought about my reality comes through, i drown it out with media consumption.

does that count, op?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

tell me about adult pokemon op

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
just choose a big bang theory character that u can emulate (sheldon is the easiest) and just have that be the basis of who u are until u die

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

theadder posted:

tell me about adult pokemon op

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

wtf is that

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

theadder posted:

wtf is that

I'm not sure, maybe an ultimate evolution of a female charizard approaching level 87. But who knows really, lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
be proud of who you are, op

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

be proud of who you are, op

But, if I admit to liking VB6, I will be the laughing stock of yospos.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Yospos, I liked VB6. I wrote some cool programs with it using bitblt.

I also was really frustrated yesterday and spent the money I was going to use on an airport express on a on this new age album as well as enigma mcmxd ad.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

whenever i go outside i wear a hoodie to cover my anime tshirt

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

post the tshirt but no further pokemon

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yospos taught me that i dont need to be ashamed of being myself

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
yospos taught me you should all be ashamed of yourselves

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
why would i hide what i am? im a loving swag rear end codeninja whose racking in a deece mid 6 figgies at my bay area startup. lmfao. if i was some poverty stricken peice of poo poo iddiot JOCK then maybe id try n front n pretend im at LEAST in QA .... ROFL. imagine that. being a loving bitch in QA. running my alpha code to see if it breaks (hint u loving moron: it doesnt)

hide my trust self? man, thats like trying to hide a big fat dick from the horney slut its about to impale - stupid.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when i was youngetr it wasnt an issue i mean i am a nerd but i dont have social hangups or act weird or anything and enjoy normal movies and music and drugs and when i drink i am actually quite witty and funny so socially i have no issues

but now i am older and those things are still kinda true but i am so out of touch with modern people and i am not interested in being cool or trendy so that is a fail problem

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i talk about apple all the time and one time a guy said to me "i don't want to talk about it anymore" hehh

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I enjoy writing PHP.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
dont post my extremely specific fetish pls

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

yah, disturbing thing is at least one person out there fulfilled smythe's challenge on an IPAD with this.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
op i think i can accept you for who you are but first i need to know what the gently caress vb6 is

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

George posted:

op i think i can accept you for who you are but first i need to know what the gently caress vb6 is

A Visual Basic Bitch

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

A Visual Basic Bitch

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
After months of deliberation I finally bought a mech keyboard, ended up choosing the new Cougar 600k because it was impossible for me to get the g710 MX Blue for a non-insane price, and I never quite gelled with the k70 when researching it all (mech + dedicated media keys severely limits the available models).

This guy right here:

The 700k looked like a better option with the full backlight and macro keys but I don't like the split spacebar and more importantly the left windows key on that model was swapped with an Fn key, as I'm on a mac I use the windows key all the time for shortcuts so I opted for the lesser model.
I won't miss the backlight, the only time I ever noticed it on my old keyboard was when I turned off the lights when leaving the room. The only minor niggle with the presentation is the few keys that are backlit (wasd + arrows) have different color lettering on them to allow the light to pass through making them stand out even when the light isn't on.

Still adjusting to the way of typing, the larger keys like backspace, enter and even the spacebar feel a little rattly compared to the letter and number keys but that might just be a side effect of having the switch in the middle or a large key, this is my first real experience with a mechanical so it might be par for the course. Still works fine, and is gratifyingly clicky, but will take some time to fully adjust. Might spend a few hours in typing of the dead to familiarise myself.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
christ after months

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

good lord

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

echinopsis posted:

christ after months

what happened to your das keyboard echi

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
No macros, no remappings, no setups. Just you and the highest quality keyboard available on the market.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Cougar :forkbomb:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Silver Alicorn posted:

what happened to your das keyboard echi

well its a paste

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

A Visual Basic Bitch

Visual Basic used to be good. You didn't have to know anything about programming and I was much happier that way.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

SYSV Fanfic posted:

yah, disturbing thing is at least one person out there fulfilled smythe's challenge on an IPAD with this.

that is a really awkward new euphemism, and i'm down with it

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

After months of deliberation I finally bought a mech keyboard, ended up choosing the new Cougar 600k because it was impossible for me to get the g710 MX Blue for a non-insane price, and I never quite gelled with the k70 when researching it all (mech + dedicated media keys severely limits the available models).

This guy right here:

The 700k looked like a better option with the full backlight and macro keys but I don't like the split spacebar and more importantly the left windows key on that model was swapped with an Fn key, as I'm on a mac I use the windows key all the time for shortcuts so I opted for the lesser model.
I won't miss the backlight, the only time I ever noticed it on my old keyboard was when I turned off the lights when leaving the room. The only minor niggle with the presentation is the few keys that are backlit (wasd + arrows) have different color lettering on them to allow the light to pass through making them stand out even when the light isn't on.

Still adjusting to the way of typing, the larger keys like backspace, enter and even the spacebar feel a little rattly compared to the letter and number keys but that might just be a side effect of having the switch in the middle or a large key, this is my first real experience with a mechanical so it might be par for the course. Still works fine, and is gratifyingly clicky, but will take some time to fully adjust. Might spend a few hours in typing of the dead to familiarise myself.

Good lord

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

echinopsis posted:

This guy right here:

congrats on your big dumb gay gaming keyboard

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

Salt Fish posted:

I enjoy writing PHP.

this is the grossest thing in the thread btw

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

think ill just browse a little yospos for five minutes at work aaand charizard titties

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Owned, fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad