Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
For my next design I shall use the interplay of concave and convex surfaces

Oh no, the concave side seems to act as a lense and has melted a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Frosted Flake posted:

Why did that go out of style anyways?

With Ottawa and Toronto especially, those areas are where a lot of smaller or specialty stores can find a niche, and there's lots of good bars and restaurants.
Commercial traffic and noise NIMBY helped, to the tune of municipalities (especially suburban) not allowing that sort of zoning. Also for low-mid rise developments that are wholly owned by one entity it probably makes some amount of sense to specialize in residential or commercial as you only have one sales and support team focusing on moving and/or supervising apartment/condo units instead of trying to mix that with commercial leases and vice versa.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

dreadspork posted:

And The Alamodome, which I guess I'm not architecturally inclined enough to appreciate.

Is there a definition of dome that I'm not aware of?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

GenericOverusedName posted:

What is with dumb architects and marble paneling, seriously.
Even the ancient aliens couldn't make cladding stick to the pyramids, what hope do we even have now?

• Locked thread