Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopes
Apr 29, 2013
gently caress seafood except tuna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hopes posted:

gently caress seafood except tuna
___________________/

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
look i want this to be PERFECTLY CLEAR the ONLY REASON i jerk off my dolphi is because if i don't he gets really ornery and will aggress on the visitors or possibly hump them and that is a loving lawsuit my employer CANNOT deal with, ok? OK??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

btw you better enjoy that picture because when I looked up dolphin fucker I also got a picture of a channer putting his dick into a dogs rear end in a top hat. gently caress

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I've come to the realization that turkey dogs are better than regular hot dogs

They don't stink when you microwave them

They don't get greasy

They don't burst in the microwave

They're healthier

They taste exactly the same

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

huh now that I think of it I've never actually had a turkey dog. Where do you get them

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

They have them at target so I assume pretty much any grocery store

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

eh the vons I go to has a pitiful selection of dogs

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Human flesh is delicious... Fish tastes horrible

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
ranch dressing is loving disgusting

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Cooked spinach tastes like grass, I don't care how much vinegar or cheese you try to throw in with it. But it's good for you so you should eat it anyways.

A raw spinach salad with strawberries, almonds, and green onions with a nice vinaigrette is loving heavenly though, which is kinda weird.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

radiatinglines posted:

I've come to the realization that turkey dogs are better than regular hot dogs

They don't stink when you microwave them

They don't get greasy

They don't burst in the microwave

They're healthier

They taste exactly the same

grilling and even goddamn boiling is too hard apparently, let's evaluate food based on how it does in the microwave :effort:

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

MrChupon posted:

I'll give people a pass on meats due to dietary/religious preference but if you won't eat specific fruits and vegetables you can gently caress off.

I know a 35 year old woman with 'allergies' to Tomato and Onion. (she slathers ketchup on her french fries, naturally.)

I love kiwi fruit. The last time I attempted to eat a kiwi back in...2011 or so...my mouth started to tickle really bad...then my throat...then i got really nauseous and sweaty and I shouted a rainbow at my toilet. General consensus is not to even try another one because it could kill me

edit: yeah I know i should eat a bag of kiwis, go ahead and say it anyway though

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

a hole-y ghost posted:

btw you better enjoy that picture because when I looked up dolphin fucker I also got a picture of a channer putting his dick into a dogs rear end in a top hat. gently caress

you are pretty much jesus, ty my man

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Claven666 posted:

I love kiwi fruit. The last time I attempted to eat a kiwi back in...2011 or so...my mouth started to tickle really bad...then my throat...then i got really nauseous and sweaty and I shouted a rainbow at my toilet. General consensus is not to even try another one because it could kill me

edit: yeah I know i should eat a bag of kiwis, go ahead and say it anyway though

eat a bagf od CIKS

LOL

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Kasumeat posted:

If you dislike anything else, you're autistic, sorry. If you have a problem with certain textures, you're what's considered to be low-functioning.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Claven666 posted:

At least this is legitimate. To be like this woman you would have to basically claim allergy to kiwis but then constantly get Kiwi shakes at Jamba Juice or whatever. Like it's drat clear she is just a baby about raw tomato texture when she wolfs down Ketchup and Pizza like its going out of style.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Starving Autist posted:

grilling and even goddamn boiling is too hard apparently, let's evaluate food based on how it does in the microwave :effort:

Yeah lemme fire up the grill / wait for water to boil and clean a pan so I can get the best out of my meat slurry

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i don't like pho. I just don't.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if youre white and dont like cilantro that just makes you a dumbass with flawed genetics

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I bought a jar of kimchi at Whole Foods thinking I'd like it, but it is less spicy and less fermented than I was expecting. It's like mild salsa basically. I ain't putting that on rice.

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
if your whole foods is like mine their kimchi is not spicy or fermented enough you gotta go to the Korea store and get that real stinky stuff

A Tasteful Nude fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 19, 2015

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

City of Tampa posted:

I bought a jar of kimchi at Whole Foods thinking I'd like it, but it is less spicy and less fermented than I was expecting. It's like mild salsa basically. I ain't putting that on rice.

sounds like you got bad kimchi, as kimchi is one of the coolest + best things on the planet

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

City of Tampa posted:

I bet you got the kind with the smiley Korean mom on it bc that kind is very salsa like

Again you gotta get the big gallon tanker of real stinky kind man

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

BKPR posted:

i don't like pho. I just don't.

phô dumbass learn to spellit

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I don't like mashed potato, cauliflower or broccoli but basically everything else I've tried made me go "huh, whatever" at worst. I'm afraid of catching the 'tism :(

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i could see cauliflower and possibly broccoli but who the hell doesn't like mashed potatoes? autists. that's who.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

A Tasteful Nude posted:

I bet you got the kind with the smiley Korean mom on it bc that kind is very salsa like

Again you gotta get the big gallon tanker of real stinky kind man

Actually I passed on the smiling Korean mom brand and got this mostly because the jar looked cool:

http://www.wildbrine.com/product/R2-D2

I'm not aware of any Korean grocers near me but I'll keep looking. I was expecting something like a spicy sauerkraut with weird vegetables, but this particular brand actually tastes pretty bland.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

gently caress.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

what kind of loving human being doesn't like mashed potatoes?

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

I dont like when people refuse to eat a type of food it makes me think they are babies

lotsa people somewhere think it's good and tasty but your baby mouth not only can't find anyhing enjoyable about it but also literallllly won't tolerate having the item inside it I don't get it

I donno I shouldn't care but I do kinda

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

what kind of loving human being doesn't like mashed potatoes?

<-- this guy. I seriously don't understand it but that poo poo makes me gag. I can't even describe why I don't like it. I really dislike the taste of broccoli and cauliflower but I'll eat them if they're served to me when I'm a guest but I literally cannot eat mashed potato. If someone serves it to me I'll kind of dip whatever else I'm eating into it so some of it goes and later say I'm full and couldn't eat the rest because it honestly makes some weird reflex in me make me feel like I'm gonna vomit when I try to eat it.

e: my dad told me that he gave me mashed potato when I was about 2 years old and he wasn't paying enough attention to feeding me that day and it was like scalding hot and burnt my stupid baby mouth, maybe that's why?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
to be fair there are more interesting ways to prepare potatoes

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

all foods have within them the potential to be good, but the debased nature of human existence can turn even the most pristine of things into something awful

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Quote-Unquote posted:

<-- this guy. I seriously don't understand it but that poo poo makes me gag. I can't even describe why I don't like it. I really dislike the taste of broccoli and cauliflower but I'll eat them if they're served to me when I'm a guest but I literally cannot eat mashed potato. If someone serves it to me I'll kind of dip whatever else I'm eating into it so some of it goes and later say I'm full and couldn't eat the rest because it honestly makes some weird reflex in me make me feel like I'm gonna vomit when I try to eat it.

e: my dad told me that he gave me mashed potato when I was about 2 years old and he wasn't paying enough attention to feeding me that day and it was like scalding hot and burnt my stupid baby mouth, maybe that's why?

That sounds unfortunate can you do baked potatoes, I mean if they get split open and they fluff a little it's really almost the same thing.

Do you like grits? Grits have a similar texture/flavor thing to them (if you make them plain) sorta

Haverchuck posted:

to be fair there are more interesting ways to prepare potatoes

Well yeah, but it'd be like if someone said 'I don't like sheet cake' and your response was 'pfft this one's got frosting and a sparkler sticking out of it!'.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Big Beef City posted:

This is a serious post: If you're past the age of 12 and won't eat whatever, you're a child.

Like if you're the 'no tomatoes' guy or the 'mushrooms are MOLD' guy at work, you're seen as a less than human being, and rightfully so.

Also, Captain Categorical is the worst. "I don't eat seafood."

gently caress. You. Imagine if you met someone saying "I don't eat landfood." How stupid would that sound? It would sound as stupid as you do. That's how stupid it would sound.

There. I've said what I've needed to say.
Sadly there's not enough social shame over this because most americans are fat and only capable of eating things that come from a bag that either give them at least half the salt they should be eating that day or consist entirely of sugar shaped to resemble actual food. Been to plenty of lunch meetings with people well into their 40s who literally pick green things out of their meal and there's pretty much always at least one.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I only like mashed potatoes that have lots of garlic, and/or the skins mashed up in them. Too many people make mashed potatoes like buttered wallpaper paste and I hate that poo poo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

City of Tampa posted:

I only like mashed potatoes that have lots of garlic, and/or the skins mashed up in them. Too many people make mashed potatoes like buttered wallpaper paste and I hate that poo poo.

Well yeah, again though, that's like the people who don't like broccoli and it's because they grew up eating brocolli boiled until was nearly tan and limp.

You can get poorly made foods and not like them. That's different than just saying "All apples. Out. Forever."

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

City of Tampa posted:

If you're not fond of butter in mashed potatoes but like to add something to make them creamier I suggest a bit of greek yogurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

yeah I use buttermilk and/or sour cream in mine and that kicks them up pretty good.

There's an episode of Jacques Pepin where he makes mashed potatoes and he talks about a chef he knows in france that makes some kind of ridiculously rich mashed potatoes at his restaurant that are like 50/50 potato to butter ratio lol

• Locked thread