Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm still gunna make an android, just use the human CaC. There's stuff like a life drain super.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Feb 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So for trolling purposes. 1. Are Wolf Fang fist and Sokidan in the game 2. Where do they sit in terms of moves? 3. Are they actually any good?

Tiny female yamcha go!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So for trolling purposes. 1. Are Wolf Fang fist and Sokidan in the game 2. Where do they sit in terms of moves? 3. Are they actually any good?

Tiny female yamcha go!

1. Yes
2. I'm guessing WFF is a special move, but I know Sokidan is an Ultimate.
3. WFF is never bad, but the other move is garbage if they didn't change it from the demo.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Fuckin sold then. This is legitimately an informative thread, I heard next to nothing about this game aside from general 'haha it's fanfic made real' jokes and some basic 'yea a DBZ game where I make my own hero sounds cool' but this is the first source of actual information I've seen that wasn't just videos of a dude scrolling through armor selections.

Thanks! I tried really hard to make it as informative as possible.

Anonymous Robot posted:

This looks super rad, but I'm going to wait until all the DLC is out to pick it up. Not being able to make an android character seems like a conspicuous omission, though.

Well, what do you consider an Android? The Human CAC inherently regenerate Ki like an Android would, and 18 is a mentor. You can learn 17's Barrier as well as an Evasive move. There are multiple Supers that grab & drain. You can use any skin color, and though 19 & Dr. Gero aren't playable, their costumes are both available for CAC. Trust when I say you can make a cool Android!

I know the DLC will be new stages, new mentors, new moves, new characters. There's a screen shot somewhere of a CAC using Kid Goku's Power Pole Extend or whatever and smacking a dude. They showed a new stage, but I can't remember for the life of me. I will look it up and report back.

E:

DLC Pack 1, set to launch sometime in March, will include three new playable characters, GT Goku, Pan and GT Trunks. An additional four Time Patrol quests will be thrown into the mix, along with 12 new quests, 15 special moves and five additional costumes for you to equip to your personal character.

DLC Pack 2 and 3 will include more of the same Dragon Ball goodness, though specific details on which characters and how many new quests, etc. you can expect have not yet been revealed. No word on release dates for those last two DLC packs, either.

You’ll be able to buy these packs for $9.99 apiece, or enjoy the lot of them for a slight discount at $24.99 for the season pass.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 20, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I believe they have said that DLC 3 is going to include the region-exclusive preorders (so we'd get the Roshi set and Jaco and Japan gets SSJ4 Vegeta and the crystal armors)

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
What is endgame like? Can you replay quests or the story?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Esroc posted:

What is endgame like? Can you replay quests or the story?

Yes and yes. You can replay any of the events, and sometimes you have to. There's quite a few Parallel Quests that have hidden conditions that you won't satisfy on first playthrough, but have cool rewards. If you beat the quest and don't hit the secret condition, you are given a hint as to what it is.

You can complete them by yourself, online with Co-Op, or using NPC CACs. Standing around the city are a bunch of CACs made by the developers. You can approach them, use your scouter and see their moveset/level/stats, and then decide if you want them to join you on the next mission. You can also use them in place of the original characters in say a 3v3, but it's just you and your buddy with 2 COMs filling in the spots on each team.

\/\/\/\/ I'm pretty sure you can still do mirror matches. I like to practice against my own CAC, and I pretend I did splitform. :3: I'll have to check if you can do it with the OCs.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 20, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

One of the dumbest/most exploitable things about Battle of Z was the lack of clone checking. Did they add it here or am I still going to be going into battle with 3 Super Saiyan God Gokus to face Raditz?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Here's Maximum Gohan that I was talking about earlier:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

All this game needs is a bullshit power level number on your character sheet and everybody from 2002 is over the moon happy

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
If you notice, your opponent's Ki bar is not visible. When you use the Scouter on them (IIRC it's left on the d-pad), you can see their level, life, and ki expressed as numbers. When you press it, you go into first-person view with an overlay matched to whatever color your scouter is.

Also, for ranked match, your points are expressed as "Battle Power". So you gain BP the more you fight in Ranked, and there is a leaderboard to see who is the strooooongest of them aaaaaall. :)

If you don't have a Scouter equipped on your dude, you can still do this, but you "sense" them. It's pretty much the same thing, but less mechanical looking and no colored lense.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 20, 2015

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Does the pre-order DLC really give every race a wrap-around tail of the same color?

Now I remember why Dimps sounds familiar.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 20, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Tails unfortunately are just part of the armor, so if you use the Saiyan Armor, you get a tail. It's unfortunate, but there it is.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i think we need a primer for people who dont know what dragon ball is.

This should do nicely:

http://imgur.com/a/tvJ1w

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

what happens when the lady saiyans transform does their hair go crazy?

wait what happens when the male cac's go super saiyan for that matter, what happens to their hair?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I think in this game SS is just a color change, there won't be any actual changes to the model.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah, unfortunately no model changes. The OC do, of course, but if you pick 18/Trunks' hair it just turns gold. There are plenty of spiky hairs, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EykVZtfZoG8 2:24 here.

\/\/\/ I agree with this sentiment, it does suck.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 20, 2015

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Flytrap posted:

I think in this game SS is just a color change, there won't be any actual changes to the model.

Which is bullshit of the highest order. The rest of the game makes up for it in spades, but the fact that you're limited in hairstyles if you want to stay true to the transformation gimps the CaC for Saiyans quite a bit.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Hopefully they give secondary hairstyles for Xenoverse 2 so our super saiyan hair can exist in its proper glory.

Also if the engine could be touched up to allow for in battle transformations. Losing the intermediate Frieza stages makes me a bit sad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Agean90 posted:

i think we need a primer for people who dont know what dragon ball is.

I don't think these people exist.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
You can still transform to any one flavor of SSJ your character has equipped, but yeah, no Cell or Freeza transforming mid-battle. Some Freeza Clan CACs have taken to making alternate costumes for themselves for their different forms, and switching between them when they want.

One of the stages you can fight on is Freeza's spaceship... things get out of hand very quickly.

I want to be clear in saying that I don't think this game is going to set the world on fire, but if you're a DBZ fan, you owe it to yourself to play it even with a few small nitpicks or missteps.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty neutral on DBZ and I want the hell out of this game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Firstborn posted:

Tails unfortunately are just part of the armor, so if you use the Saiyan Armor, you get a tail. It's unfortunate, but there it is.

Is the great monkey transformation a move we can get?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Seems fun

How fun is it with multiple people

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyAEB8TPs1g

This is game is going to own and i'm pumped

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is the great monkey transformation a move we can get?

There are Oozaru as enemies in story and what-ifs/parallel quests, but not playable at this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhgo72jXxRw

There's special moves like picking them up by the tail and bodyslamming them. You can remove their tail with some difficulty, too.
e: you also can potentially see other saiyans use it. I saw Bardock and Nappa.
e2: It's terrifying when they use their mouth blast.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 20, 2015

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It just never gets old. :allears:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo5l-1r8OMo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v30HToswDs

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

For the longest time I forgot that this is in DBZ proper. It's not a DBZ Abridged thing lol.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skeezy posted:

For the longest time I forgot that this is in DBZ proper. It's not a DBZ Abridged thing lol.

Sort of yes sort of no. It wasn't in the original show. They added it (including reanimation) when they HD-fied/updated the show to Dragonball Z Kai.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
play xenoverse every day

eonwe fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 16, 2017

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I liked the way they did Oozaru in BoZ and appear to be doing it here, where they are 70 foot tall monsters with 6 hit locations and huge attack routines, as opposed to the Tenkaichi method where they were (playable) 12 foot dudes who could throw a rock.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

projecthalaxy posted:

I liked the way they did Oozaru in BoZ and appear to be doing it here, where they are 70 foot tall monsters with 6 hit locations and huge attack routines, as opposed to the Tenkaichi method where they were (playable) 12 foot dudes who could throw a rock.

Oozaru mouth beam is one of the most impressive moves in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRK-e_rfvDU
Here's a video of all of Goten's strings. Nice showcase of move properties.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 20, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I just want dlc with ridiculous what-if stuff like Tiencha and Gotan.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I don't know if they will get that whacky on their first outing, but I think there will be a lot of DLC for this game.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Once the first game roster crunch is over and done with, a sequel featuring the usual expansive content and what if campaigns would rule.

Hell, just release old Online and Heroes content and I bet most people would be happy.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
My secret hope is Dimps can convert Namco Bandai to Capcom's SFIV model of doing regular title updates to extend the life of the game instead of the annualized full retail releases. (this will never happen.)

I think I'm gonna run around as a sword master majin lady in Piccolo clothes.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

mango sentinel posted:

My secret hope is Dimps can convert Namco Bandai to Capcom's SFIV model of doing regular title updates to extend the life of the game instead of the annualized full retail releases. (this will never happen.)

I think I'm gonna run around as a sword master majin lady in Piccolo clothes.

Funny you mention that. There's already been 2 patches for the game. Unfortunately, they are very Japanese Patches. Not a lot of specifics, just stuff like "- Quest difficulty adjusted", that sort of thing. Not very transparent on their changes.

They won't do this in lieu of new games, but there is significant support already, I think.

There's 3? sword moves, I think. There's one that you put your hand on your sword, and you can hold it. When you release, you will teleport to the opponent and do one big overhead slash. It's good to evade things and good as an opener. There's another where you straight up do Trunks' move to kill Freeza... I think the games call it Blazing Slash or something. There's another with just a bunch of slashes.

E: Here are the patch translations:

Version 1.02

Version 1.02 fixes

-Addition of matching functions with overseas editions
-Balance adjustments for the entire game have been done

Version 1.01

Version 1.01 fixes

-Addition of DLC data install adjustments
-Addition of SE
-Battle and Parallel Quest balance adjustments
-Other adjustments

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I'd be super into it if next year they just did like SF4 does and release what amounts to an upgraded version of this game with a better roster and junk.

Plus it'd also mean cheaper buying for those of us with the game on our account already, win win I'd think.

But of course I'm a nerd on the internet not the CFO of Namco Bandai so hosed if I know.

• Locked thread