Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

My strategy for the raid was to join a bunch of other people and then stand in the back spamming Giant Storm over and over again. Worked pretty well for a bit and then janemba decided that nope, i didnt get to live and pushed my poo poo in over and over again. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Can we get a new general DB games thread for when Dragonball Fusions comes out?

Or should it have it's own thread?

This one is so old it's OP is still XV1 preorder info though, we need a new one

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
This thread should just be for all Dragon Ball games. XV, Fusions and Dokkan.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Kelp Plankton posted:

Can we get a new general DB games thread for when Dragonball Fusions comes out?

Or should it have it's own thread?

This one is so old it's OP is still XV1 preorder info though, we need a new one
Go right ahead.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

For some reason this game refuses to let me connect to the multi lobby if my ps4 is on the wired connection.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Go right ahead.

alright, i'll whip one up I guess and post it later tonight or tomorrow

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
thread name better be good!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Dragonball Xenoverse 2: Guru's House is under attack!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Finally getting to play my copy of the game.
Quick Question: When I transfer my XV1 character, I know I'll get whatever they're wearing/skills they have, but what about all of the other clothes and skills? Is there any point during the game to get them back? Either by buying them or unlocking them somehow?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dragonball Game Megathread: Ningens only

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

spit on my clit posted:

Dragonball Xenoverse 2: Guru's House is under attack!X20
Added to it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

How could this be? The Big GURU'S HOUSE IS IN DANGER cheat death.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Dragonball Xenoverse 2: Maniga

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zaa Boogie posted:

Dragonball Xenoverse 2: Maniga

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Okay, new thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797982

For Xenoverses, Fusions, and all your other DB game needs

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So, uh, is the KMH a short-range attack or something? Enemies don't stay in one place nearly long enough for it to actually hit its goddamn target. That, and ki attacks seem somewhat anemic, at least in the early game. I'm getting more out of mashing X and Triangle, and I have barely looked into other moves like X+O or anything. There's a lot of things to be done in this game and I'm way too green to know what to use at any point in time.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

So, uh, is the KMH a short-range attack or something? Enemies don't stay in one place nearly long enough for it to actually hit its goddamn target. That, and ki attacks seem somewhat anemic, at least in the early game. I'm getting more out of mashing X and Triangle, and I have barely looked into other moves like X+O or anything. There's a lot of things to be done in this game and I'm way too green to know what to use at any point in time.
post in the new thread!!! loving idiot!!!! rear end in a top hat!!! moron!!!!!!!!! try reading sometime!!!! loving christ!!!!! noob!!!!!!!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

A while back someone did awesome work and posted a link to super damage numbers, does anyone happen to have that handy? I'm thinking of rolling with Super God Fist and whatever 18's kick combo is, but I wanted to look at the numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
So I've been doing some screwing around today trying to get my last Ultimate Finish: PQ 99, Frieza Race Revived, which has insanely tight time requirements. As part of that, I've been crunching some numbers in training mode.

Just as an FYI: The human bonus to regular attack damage when ki is full? Yeah, it.... exists, but that's about all I can say for it. The increase is so fractional it may as well not do anything. If you were ever avoiding using your specials or ultimates because you wanted that attack power buff, do yourself a favor and don't bother.

Edit: I managed to beat the PQ with my precious ultimate finish after all. In the end there was no silver bullet with regards to attack pattern or AI partner choices, much as I tried to find one. Even managing to get a human partner ultimately didn't pull it off. The REAL trick was that I had to get insanely good at dodging. Taking damage is not actually that big a deal in getting the ultimate finish for PQ 99, but you lose precious precious seconds every time they fire up a combo on you, so you just can't afford to get hit.

Ultimately, it came down to watching the enemy incredibly closely any time I fired up a combo.... and if they Vanish out of it, immediately pressing A or D and the dash button to sidestep-dodge. Dodging in any other direction can work, but not reliably, and you don't have enough stamina to counter-vanish considering how many enemies you're up against. The backhand counterattack timing is a little too unforgiving for a human player to reliably do (at least in my experience) and doesn't always work that great anyway if you were in the middle of one of your longer attack animations when they vanished. The sidestep-dodge though, almost always seems to do the trick.

Backhand fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 21, 2016

• Locked thread