Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Size affects speed? Oh boy, I see where this is going.

Here's my prediction: within a month you will see more-or-less clone armies of the tiniest possible characters of a given race, all with basically identical moves that have been painstakingly researched and declared the best.

Despite that, I'm still tempted to get it somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

When and if I get this game, I am going to go out of my way to see if the game crashes if you put any of the race-exclusive stuff on a character who can't use it.

I have the very funny feeling there's no reason the non-human races can't use the sword skills.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

ZenVulgarity posted:

Shaman of Cum is no more

RIP

If you wish, you can send me your save over PM and I can take care of this little problem. I don't have the game, but I did a little research and have a pretty good idea of a way to bypass their censor.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

ZenVulgarity posted:

I don't have PMs but sure

Add me on Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tallgeeseheaven

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Glad to be of service.

Alas I am not in a position to buy the game right now, or I would pose with you to commemorate our use of the Dragon Balls to resurrect the Shaman.

Yes, that is canon. We used the Dragon Balls. Yes.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

DrPaper posted:

You can also bypass naming filters by blanking the text document.

Usually this doesn't work for the people who look at your name though.

Unless they have your client censor the name before sending it out, which would be the lazy way to do it.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

cams posted:

If someone figured out a way to cheatengine the game so it removed the RNG from getting moves that'd be rad.

Likely nobody will bother doing that, because it would be easier to just give yourself the skill you want.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You know what they say: work smarter, not harder.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

That's not really so much "Japan" as "the game was developed primarily for consoles where you could expect a certain fixed framerate".

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

All I remember about the Dragon Ball Z music is the incredible rage that happened when they translated and dubbed the opening to Kai.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Wait, what exactly is stopping them from simply Body Changing right back, if they get your moves?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Kild posted:

It locks that move.

Does it lock if both of you have Body Change?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

That seems odd. They could have simply made a "Transformation" class of skills and threw it onto there.

There's so many possibilities. Multi-Form, Super Saiyan, Body Change, Mystic Transformation, Kaioken, or something to shuffle your stats around.

Like, a transformation that shifts your weight class to some crazy Super Heavy state like Perfect Cell did.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

A joke is not a joke if no one gets it.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Reiley posted:

"RYU FROM STREETFIGHTER" until you hit the character limit

There is a limit of 63 (+1 null) characters, from looking at save files.

Can't say they aren't generous. I wonder how it would look if you used some crazy long name?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Blaze Dragon posted:

Next DLC pack needs to add the cool Dragon Fist. Let me turn into a giant golden dragon and destroy my enemies, Dimps!

The name "Dragon Fist" is in the game's internal Ultimates list, but it straight-out does not correspond to an actual move.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

All they have to do to make Namekians a well-played class is obvious.

De-nerf the Kami + Piccolo soul everyone used, and make it Namekian only like it should have been from the start considering what the hell it is. Done.

Since Namekians apparently suck so bad, it seems fair.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Phanos posted:

I was thinking something like that, but I also heard something about VAC bans and this game. Not that I really give a poo poo about the online multiplayer portion or whatever, but not really sure how a VAC ban would affect my account.

There is no VAC protection in this game. None. Zero. Zilch.

And even if there was, it would not be able to stop people from getting offline, setting their stats to impossible levels, and then restarting the game.

Look at who published this game. Remember the Dark Souls 2 VAC situation? It's that, all over again.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

YggiDee posted:

Does anyone know what the max length is on character names?

The true maximum length is 63 characters.

I doubt you can enter that without help from a save editor or cheat tool though.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Nuebot posted:

That is beautiful. But here's an imgur gallery of it, take it as you will since the guy is using hair to get what I assume is the vegito hair on his dude too.

EDIT: Here's the source on the Frieza content thing just incase.

I never get the point of mods like this. Nobody else can see your edited aura (unless the game is programmed in such a way that they the game online just asks your client for the aura color and accepts whatever you give it but I somehow doubt it), so it's just... useless.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Poison Mushroom posted:

I want my aura to match my suite of green attacks and my green outfit! :colbert:

Well yeah, that'd be awesome.

The problem is, won't you look dorky if you try to use it online and nobody but you can see it?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Well yeah, but can you actually apply it to your personal character in such a way that, if you join a PQ with other people, they'll see your edited aura?

It's nifty, but if you can't actually play with it online spending the effort on doing it is kind of silly. But that's me.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Onmi posted:

It does, and there is a common problem of people being VAC banned just for joining a room, if you can get a screencap of it, upload it to steam

Have you seen anyone who actually has a standing ban on their account for this game, that's actually listed on their profile as a VAC ban? It doesn't list a VAC module on its SteamDB page which is usually a very good sign VAC is not actually there.

Dark Souls II did the same thing: acted like it had VAC, but didn't.

Seriously, people, let's clear this up: there is very likely no VAC protection on this game whatsoever. It's a glitch that the message shows, or yet another misunderstanding on what VAC does on the part of a Japanese developer.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 29, 2015

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I can imagine that if you were reasonably savvy on PC, you could edit internal clothing stats to match what you want and their anti-cheat wouldn't be able to detect that.

Ah, what you have to do for fashion. Happens in every game, I swear.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Faroush posted:

I'd wager this is the case honestly.

From what I've heard, it's an extremely good wager. All they check for is character stat points, and, well, that's simply not enough.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Forget everything else.

What we really need is all the clothing being colorable this time and with no stats attached. There is no excuse; if modders can do it then the actual devs totally can.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Babe Magnet posted:

I heard cheat engine locks your character out of online play, and grinding PQs and having fites with my bros is all I want to do

Nah. It's only if your stuff is blatantly impossible from what I understand. They can't really stop you.

VAC bans are mythical as well.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I hope Piccolo eventually gets an upgrade.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

They could fix that by making everything colorable.

There's no technical reason they could not have done that to start with.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Danaru posted:

Something I'd love to see in a Xenoverse game is an option to allow other players to join your mission if you're close to losing. I feel like an ally coming in at the last second to turn a hopeless fight around is a DBZ staple that didn't show up often enough in XV. :v:

Also an option to not allow people to join of course.

You mean like how, say, Blue Sentinels work in Dark Souls?

Minus the whole invasion thing of course.

I can dig it.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Evil Canadian posted:

On the "hate forced transformations" front, it looks like there really is zero reason not to go into golden freiza form asap. It is all upside and you stay in it indefinitely.

It's kind of dumb that they didn't let you color the form and just name it "Ultimate Evolution."

They could have repurposed one of the coloration slots unused by the Frieza Race for it.

In fact, aren't there two unused coloration slots? Primary and secondary transformation colors, done.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 9, 2016

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Yeah. I was going to make Lavos, but will have to use Potential Unlocked.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

All I know is, I better see "Shaman of Cum: The Second Cumming" on PC day one or I will be extremely disgusted.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yes and just put Steam in offline mode or block XV's EXE from outgoing traffic in Windows Firewall or something.

Xenoverse was not a VAC game. The only thing it actually blocked was rudimentary stuff like impossible stats... which you could get around.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Eh, maybe they'd check for impossible stats.

That's pretty much all they could check really.

Burkion posted:

In fact, the VAC system it claimed it had was just really loving weird.

A friend got kicked out the lobby because he was VAC Banned...despite teh fact that he did absolutely nothing wrong and was then able to just rejoin the lobby without any issue.

Yeah, they never actually implemented VAC, that message popping up ever is just a glitch. It's unlikely they'll do it for XV2 either.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

There's basically nothing stopping someone from using any racial skill as the wrong race except for the fact you can't equip it. They all work perfectly fine... though your hair doesn't change if you have no hair, obviously, and you try to use Super Saiyan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Actually, you know what?

This game will be terrible, UNLESS the devs do the right thing and make the absolute very last DLC Parallel Quest ever released a battle against Super Hercule.

No trailer, no hype, no nothing. Complete all Parallel Quests and he just shows up.

• Locked thread