Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
If Future Trunks is the one who wishes your character into existence, how did he do it if Piccolo is dead in his timeline?

I think I have found the one writing flaw in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

StrifeHira posted:

So, interesting things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PRh_EN7KdQ

DLC characters' moves are kinda surprising. GT Goku has a costume with Kid Goku's moves + Super Saiyan, GT Trunks is just a costume for regular Trunks but has the Para Para Boogie, Pan has a rather neat "dodge + beam" attack as well as the Para Para Boogie, and Nova Shenron has an ultimate that looks to be really drat cool and seems fairly strong.

Was that Trunks using Kamehameha?? I always thought of GT Trunks as the lamest one and that just cements it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Super 17 is in game, you gotta have normal boring 17 to go with that and waifu robot 18 but Super 17 is all we need for androids.

Super 17 was the lamest villain ever made and I would take almost anyone not from GT over him.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Do I have to worry about Vegeta being mad at me for dumping him to learn from Ginyu? The one time I saw him, I didn't get the option to have him as a mentor again.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I'm glad that in a game work such questionable voice acting, Cell's va made sure to ham every single line the gently caress up.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't like calling it "questionable" though. It's by all means top-tier VAing. Questionable is Sean Schemmel's SS4 Goku. Dude, you can stop making a Batman voice and taking pauses every time you say a word, you don't sound...strong. You sound dumb and OOC for Goku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE4l5PFwQrk

The voice direction can get pretty strange sometimes. Even though the voice actors themselves are great, a line every so often can come off as kinda weird.

Also, every character has called my lady saiyan a guy. That seems kinda lazy.

Also, when I was playing this scene Trunks was completely invisible, and the scene later where your character gets help from Demigra had him invisible too. Is there anything I can do about that? Playing the PC version.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So I remember people saying the fight with a million Buus was Hell to deal with, and I just kinda spammed Vacation Deletion or whatever it was the whole time and won. I think I understand why people might hate the Super Saiyan mechanic in this game now.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

On a minor note, for how much love was put into this game, I'm surprised the opening anime cutscene is so bland and boring. Feels like a bunch of setup with no real payoff.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The only way that would be true to DBZ is if they came in, got their rear end kicked and then both of you got saved by Goku.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The strangest thing about late game was that any enemy with more than one health bar was way easier than ones with just one. For whatever reason they never seem to block my beam attacks, whereas the ones with less health are just assholes.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Hell, I barely even know where Tien is from or how he knows Goku at all.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I was going to say I missed the chance, but I actually checked my screenshot folder and

I totally did, and I am very glad.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

There was that one scene where the Supreme Kai of Time randomly referred to your character as she, too. That was strange. Maybe they wanted to have voice clips for both, but ran out of time and just had to use what they had?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

It's baffling that Dabura was apparently the reason for Towa starting any of this time travel stuff at all, and he wasn't even in the first game. Surely the one thing she'd want to try and change was him dying? If he's not in this one, it'll just be silly.

edit: Glad they gave Trunks Masenko and Final Flash. I find it funny the only named moves he's ever actually used in the series are ones that aren't even his signature ones. Does Trunks even have a signature move on the show?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

gfsincere posted:

Burning Attack with those gang signs he throws up.

I meant explicitly named attacks, and not just stuff the games came up with. DBZ is kinda known for having the characters yell out their attack names but when you think about it, there really aren't that many.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So does anyone know how Namekians are? I played a lady saiyan spam in the first game and wanted to try something different. From what I heard of the giant form, it's powerful but also really easy to counter since it's so big.

As far as transfers go, do you only get the moves and equipment that are equipped to your character? That's pretty lame.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So I want to make sure Topato is looking her best when she gets transferred to XV2, but I don't really know what the equipment in the shop would look like on her (lady saiyan). What's the best way to get cash? I blew a bunch on Towa's gear and it didn't really look very good on her, so I don't wanna go buying Launch's clothes or something just to find they look bad.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Topato the lady saiyan looks more like she's removed part of her weighted time patrol clothes to fight more effectively. I never really got any super good skills, and since people are saying I shouldn't bother bringing over Master skills since they're really easy to get, I guess she'll bring over Vacation Delete since I used that for 90% of the game.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So I'm trying to do the Intermediate Combo tutorial as a Namekian and I don't really understand what I'm meant to do. I'm supposed to use the weak combo followed by the strike attack, but my last weak hit sends them too far away to follow up. Am I missing something here?

Also I've gotten a lot of weird poo poo in cutscenes. Any time someone uses a blast, the effect says for the entire cutscene:

Turles is seeing some cool poo poo.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

From what I could tell, you press it when your character is kicking up from the ground. Pressing it at the wrong time doesn't seem to make you gently caress up, though you don't get the speed boost, it seems like holding the button is what makes you drop it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So I must be using it wrong, because the giant namek transformation seems really useless. I drop to the ground and try to swat at guys in the air for not a whole lot of damage, and I have some useless blasts. It also lasts all of ten seconds since the enemy just uses up all my stamina. What can I do to use it better?

projecthalaxy posted:

Wait what. Is this true I have like 80 points in basics. It feels like it is doing something, I know during the Meta Cooler mission I was dropping bots in one combo and trunks was doing like 2% damage. Is it a pretend stat like Poise in Dark Souls

But the Big Gete star allows him to cheat death! How?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The only time I block is when I remember to do it, which is essentially never. It just isn't quick enough to use on reflex, and I don't think I've ever blocked a melee attack.

• Locked thread