Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Is it just me, or do the Freeza Clan folks have deceptively long reach for their standard attacks? Their tail attacks especially seem to connect at a farther range than you'd first think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

So, interesting things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PRh_EN7KdQ

DLC characters' moves are kinda surprising. GT Goku has a costume with Kid Goku's moves + Super Saiyan, GT Trunks is just a costume for regular Trunks but has the Para Para Boogie, Pan has a rather neat "dodge + beam" attack as well as the Para Para Boogie, and Nova Shenron has an ultimate that looks to be really drat cool and seems fairly strong.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

^^^You're going to buy it. Because, the Hero is Goku? No! The Hero is YOU!

Firstborn posted:

I sound like a broken record but... her outfit is available to CACs if you want to make Multiverse Pan or Future Pan or something.

Only disappointment here is the hair choice, doesn't get the spiky Super Saiyan thing.

Still kinda odd that she hasn't gotten it yet, given DBO, Heroes, and now Xenoverse's originals.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

I believe you mean to say 'beautiful special snowflake dumpling' Buu.

Don't put down Dumplin. He's the warrior that will save time itself.

Shenron said so.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I just got Final Flash a short while ago. Oh my Gamikai.

It took out half of Freeza's health on PQ 21. I haven't even gotten :ssj: yet.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Onmi posted:

4 months of training. Literally.

Also Goku and Vegeta don't have Super Saiyan anymore due to Whis and Beerus teaching them. So basically THEY have gone Mystic, while Gohan is back to transforming.

Until proven otherwise I'm going to assume Freeza's training just consists entirely of even more silly Saitama-style training for 4 months straight.

Speaking of which I literally saw a Saitama a while ago on Xenoverse. Need to find that dude again. :allears:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

Is Broly the DBZ version of Hodor? He's huge and all he ever does is say a name.

Legendary Super Saiyan is where he actually GAINS some personality in his movie. Dude became a taunting, raging rear end in a top hat after going maximum huge.

Captain Oblivious posted:

You don't have to let Goku die, you just obliterate Frieza after Goku goes SSJ.

Also don't let Vegeta die. I think you need to keep his health above a certain threshold too.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

In case anyone wants visual confirmation on it:

Launch wig is automatically the best wig.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Flytrap posted:

It's main problem is its range. It's essentially Evil Blast in Ultimate form.

EDIT Oh, huh, Pan's bandanna gives you her hair too. Neat.

It also goes blonde if you go Super Saiyan, like the Launch wig.

...this makes me curious, if anyone has tried to hack SSJ onto Pan herself, to see what happens.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

NPCs are built out of costume bits just like players so she should have it turn gold.

That's neat then.

Flytrap posted:

A new patch just hit a couple hours ago, any idea what's in it?

EDIT: Never-mind, someone cracked it open already. It's data for DLC 3, just some costumes, the Whis outfits for Goku and Vegeta. Not unlocked yet, so I don't know why they put them in already.

Apparently, wearing the SSJ Goku wig while wearing the outfit will cause it to become Super Cyan instead.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Old Kai's first mission tasks you with bringing him two females of any CaC race.

Two Saiyans nets you this bit of dialogue.

(via 4chan)

I should be more surprised that localization left that unchanged, but, given the rest of the game, I can't say I am.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Bloodly posted:

How are you supposed to 'bring him them' anyway?

Form a team in the lobby, find two female CaCs (not including yourself), then talk to him.

One of his missions after he's become your master has you fighting your own CaC.

Apparently the last mission is literally you siting around for five or ten minutes while he unlocks your hidden potential. And you need to be level 93 to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Hair mods really put that finishing touch on making your Gokus feel like a kickass kung-fu space monkey. :allears:

• Locked thread