Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Eonwe posted:

I'm going to make the true son of VegeTa & Bulma. He will have blue hair and I will call him Jorts.

But can he overcome the odds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
At this point I've just accepted no other intro will ever come close to Budokai 3's.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Hopefully they give secondary hairstyles for Xenoverse 2 so our super saiyan hair can exist in its proper glory.

Also if the engine could be touched up to allow for in battle transformations. Losing the intermediate Frieza stages makes me a bit sad.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Once the first game roster crunch is over and done with, a sequel featuring the usual expansive content and what if campaigns would rule.

Hell, just release old Online and Heroes content and I bet most people would be happy.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Contest Winner posted:

So it sounds like what you wanna do is make the fattest, stupidest character possible then body swap nerds and beat the poo poo out of them with their own carefully crafted anime Original Characters.

You're forgetting the part where both your supers are Piccolo Sacrifices Himself and Ginyu Punches Himself In The Chest. And all your taunts are dead Yamcha.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Firstborn posted:

:allears:

There's another troll Ultimate.. I think it's an Ultimate. You start dancing, and if the opponent is in melee range, they also start dancing. You recover quicker than them, though, so you can punch them after.

Oh my god, they seriously put the Bon Para Para dance in? This is amazing :allears:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Firstborn posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/344460/
Here's the steam page for the DLC. You can see a bunch of new moves, new characters, and even a Vegeta in his Golden Oozaru from when he was possessed by Baby/Bebi.

I don't care if its just an elaborate custom and not an actual character, I'm gonna use Lunch all the drat time.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

WickedHate posted:

Yeah, all these guys before Cooler? Or even a lot of canon characters. It's weird.

It's still gonna rock, of course, the roster choices just strike me as strange.

I don't mind the choices except Super 17, he just strikes me as a really odd one.

Honestly if I had to make any substitutions I'd swap Super 17 for Cooler, Larsberry and his palette swaps for Cui-type minions, and find some way to crowbar Chiaotzu, the other three Androids, and the other Frieza/Cell forms back in.

Although I guess an android-based DLC adding Gero as a mentor, robotic Create-a-Goku parts, and a Cell race would be pretty interesting.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Firstborn posted:

There currently is no demo, but there may be once it drops. Haven't heard anything about that.

As far as Raspberry and the other Freeza Soldier, they make for good fodder in the story mode, and all of their costumes are different skin color/patterns/armors, so they fill in a pretty good slot as chaff that you have to cut through. I think making them playable was just a matter of courtesy (like making Sabaimen playable in other DBZ games). It's kind of funny that they are included, but I don't think it was a priority select. They are fun to troll with, and shooting people with their little wrist gun is cool.

Oh yeah, I know. I just figured Cui style Frieza soldiers would serve a similar role while also being a bit more recognizable. At least I think it was Cui and Appule serving the role in Tenkaichi.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
For the life of me I can't understand Dimps' obsession with the Para Para Brothers, but if this culminates in their outfits being unlockable costumes I am so okay with it. Between the GT stigma and the ridiculous pink bra looking things, its the perfect griefing outfit.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Momomo posted:

Super 17 was the lamest villain ever made and I would take almost anyone not from GT over him.

Yeah, compared to Super 17 I would rather have:

Cooler
Zarbon
Dodoria
Chiaotzu
loving Bojack.
Literally Anyone Else.
Super 17.

He;s the only character I feel honest-to-goodness puzzled about.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Are there any baseball caps and jorts in the character creator? I want to make a Super Cena.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

It kind of sucks that clothing includes stat mods.

Yeah, agreed. But that's why you make one costume for stats and one for style.

My Steam copy unlocks Friday but hearing you all playing now is too hype.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Mr E posted:

So the mission where you have to kill 20 enemies as Captain is terrible.

Can you keep stealing their bodies when your health dips low?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Flytrap posted:

Follow the new stuff from Heroes and Online. It's already using characters from Online (Mira and Towa).

My thoughts exactly. Finish the canon content, then bring in the cool new things.

Also what if scenarios. The more outlandish the better.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Mr. Satan taught Buu how to read with some adult books, and as a result Buu decided women were pretty neat and invented them. This is actual canon DBZ lore.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Sadly its due to engine limits. If it helps costume parts let you make separate forms so you can rematch people and say it wasn't even your final form.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

ZenVulgarity posted:

What about a fat human

A small fat human

If I can't make Yajirobe....my fanfics....

Generally futzing around with male majins is the easiest way to get fat-looking saiyans or humans. Different body types (or sliders, even) are definitely my wish for Xenoverse 2.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Darko posted:

You don't get to play any actual Dragon Ball stuff, but there are a lot of acknowledgments, including a NPC that is currently cleaning up the Dragon Ball timestream because theres a giant war between Piccolo Damao/Kami merge, Gero/Red Ribbon, and an invading Babadi. As well as a NPC that uses the transformation technique to turn into a bunch of Dragon Ball characters.

Make a dlc pack that lets me shank this guy and take his job, please.

This kinda thing, or Heroes style "Babidi makes movie villains into Maiins", or the Venyu Force, is what I want more of.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I, too, would like to join the Goonyu Force.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bisontrain

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I just got done playing for today. Currently trying to recreate King Kai, which is basically just a short toothpaste-colored Majin until I can get some shades and proper robes.

On the bright side, it turns out the Majin's heavy->light combo lets you cancel the hit after you teleport and instead fire off your ultimate right in their face. Now that's what I call DBZ as gently caress.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Good news, Kai robes and his hat/shades combo are buyable eventually!

Perfect. I won't have ears or whiskers, but at least I'll be close. And I also have a solid gameplan of how to build my character. Namely, Kaio-Ken x20, Spirit Bomb, and mass destruction.

Can we buy anything that changes normal strings, or are you always going to have your race's?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I like to take the teleport and then catch them on the other end with a super combo rather than bat them back across the stage. It's pretty surprising how much flexibility they give you in combat for cancelling out of strings and such.

You too, huh? Gotta say that's one of my favorite strategies, especially because the default ultimate for ki users starts firing rrally fast.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Considering Friezamen are the fast guys, would they be viable for a full support build? Just max out your ki so you can spam Solar Flares and Para Para Boogie, then pop a Ginyu Body Change for when you're on solo missions or when you're in a smashing mood.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Zaphod42 posted:

If this is anything like most MMOs, then starting race stats are going to be really negligible in the long run. Plus we've already seen clothing does very little impact, I imagine they gave them slight differences to give them some flavor (as most MMORPGs will do with character creation, even though this isn't an MMORPG really) but its not really something you're locked into.

I don't really know for sure, but I'd figure the starting stats are pretty small in differences and that after you get 10 or 20 levels under your belt you're more defined by where you put your level points than by your race. Which would be a good thing.

Yep. Some of them could be rewards from other stuff too? But yeah, you have to do them over and over if you want that ability right now. Good luck.

I was mainly asking because speed seems size and race dependant, not stat based. Probably because if it scaled like the point value stats things would get absurd fast.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Harlock posted:

Pretty sure my character sheet has a 0% block usage and a 95% melee attack.

Is there a trick to using little ki blasts? Generally for me they just come out slowly, one at a time, and do little damage.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hold the ki blast button for machine gun ki, they're always gonna be weak but they're pretty good for getting past blocking or drawing a wasted dodge or something when they come rapid fire. Basically your basic ki attack is a combo builder/harasser more than a real damage move.

Oh, holding. Right. I was mashing like for combos and it just wouldn't work

Also using Piccolo's first tutor move or the default ki ultimate as a combo capper is so satisfying.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Tenzarin posted:

As a game, everything is stupid grindy and you always are fighting the same characters. As a DBZ game, it's not that bad.

If you aren't grinding anyway to Z rank every mission, you're doing it wrong.

Nothing more satisfying than that run where everything goes perfectly and you demolish every enemy and objective with no problems.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Inkel posted:

In on the black Namekian party

Should've been a black Frieza to feud with the goon making one named Sub-Zero.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Firstborn posted:

You can also get Ginyu armor, or Freeza Saga Vegeta. Or Cooler Squadron, if you want to look like Salza.

And like I said... a lot of pants will cover up the tail and even the flaps on the bottom.

Honestly with how much Cooler-based content there is, I'm shocked they didn't just toss him up as a playable character.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Onmi posted:

I still like the idea that the other NPCs are running about saving their own problems in history

"The Demon King Piccolo absorbed Kami and is now leading his army of demons against the Android forces of Gero's Red ribbon Army'

Also I still really want to actually play that storyline. How do you SOLVE that?

The boring easy way: go back in time, deck Piccolo's schnozz.

The fun rewarding way: Make it a three way army battle with you as the entire third army.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
A series of missions where you kill Cell because you see your buddy Future Trunks in trouble, and have to clean up after the resulting time paradox mess would be interesting.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I'm trying to get my hands on the full King Kai set right now. Until then I'm just gonna run around wearing the King Kai turtle school uniform, or just recolor Majin clothes to look close enough. At what level will they unlock?

Also, so far I'm seeing lots of rad pose-off opportunities. I can't wait to see how many people will be cheering World Tournaments in sync.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Firstborn posted:

Should my Namek be Scargot, Lute, Trump, or Cello? I can't decide!

Get four other Trumps and be a Namek Mariachi Band.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Psh, Goku and Superman are both light weights.

Damnit, everyone beats me to the good ideas.

Maybe I can make a Daniel Bryan with some rushing knee strikes.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

KittyEmpress posted:

Holy crap, Special Beam Cannon is quick and hits for a ton.

Yeah, its pretty incredible. I was expecting a way, way longer startup time, but instead it just wrecks face on the cheap. If you manage to get high enough ki, chaining a Vacation Delete into one is an incredibly solid early-game combo.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Testekill posted:

Here's another one that would be fun, Krillin never gets killed on Namek so Goku never goes SSJ. So you have to kill Krillin in order to make Goku mad enough to go SSJ and then get the gently caress out of dodge.

Goku and friends calm Buu down so he shares with Beerus. Are you a bad enough dude to eat all the pudding yourself?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Trunks barely does anything in GT, so its very difficult to give him a proper voice. I'd honestly rather he be cut and Nuova/Eis put as the 3rd DLC char instead, and I'm not just saying that so I can put freezing moves on a Frieza.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

WickedHate posted:

Scatter Kamehameha really needs to be blue. Kamehamehas are supposed to be blue! It pissed me off as a kid when games had it as yellow too. It looks so...generic.

It was yellow in the show too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I keep using Perfect Kamehameha. In fact, all I do is Pose E (w/Ginyu's soul for higher energy charge) -> punches until I have three Ki gauges -> SSJ2 -> P Kamehameha. I rarely if ever get hurt and finish it immediatly, it's the first goddamn training. Yet I only get S.

My problem isn't that he's hard to beat, it's that I beat him really easily but the game refuses to grade me above S for some reason.

EDIT: Talking about Perfect Kamehameha, any tips on how to use it? I can't seem to find the right timing for it, and it does a crapton of damage so I'd like to use it well.

Try throwing him a few times. Get those style points in.

• Locked thread