Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I think in this game SS is just a color change, there won't be any actual changes to the model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Contest Winner posted:

So it sounds like what you wanna do is make the fattest, stupidest character possible then body swap nerds and beat the poo poo out of them with their own carefully crafted anime Original Characters.

Well poo poo, now I have to do this. Hate mail, here I come!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Don't know about the Season Pass, but I'm definitely getting the first DLC since I'm one of those freaks that actually kinda likes GT.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Sorry if this has been answered and I just missed it like an oblivious rear end in a top hat, but can you play as pre-existing characters in story mode? Can Hercule save time, or do I have to make him myself?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Pretty sure story mode is just your character, but you can play as others in certain side quests.

Dang, guess I'll just make him myself, then.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

jivjov posted:

I'm surprised Broly isn't playable...possibly DLC? Isn't he a fan favorite even in Japan?

I know there's an achievement for beating him. He's apparently the secret Real Last Boss.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
There's really nothing to 'get' about Broly, he's a big insurmountable slab of 'gently caress you' that has always required multiple people to take down. He's probably the strongest single character until Beerus and Whis showed up.

Also he fights like a pro wrestler.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
How long does it take to unlock character slots?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Well there's a quick way to check if there's racial differences in dialogue.

What did Ginyu say when he took your body? He said my Majin was 'flabby'.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Powered up perfect cell doesn't flinch when you hit him and that's loving annoying as poo poo

Freeza does the same drat things in a sidequest. It seems random: sometimes I can do damage and sometimes he just no-sells everything, and there's no visual indicator to say when it's happening. All I can do is run around throwing ki blasts until one actually makes him flinch, and then try to actually attack him.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 24, 2015

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Holy Christ, how many of these loving Buu's am I supposed to kill?

I swear, every time I get to a point where I can say 'yes, this is a good game' it throws an impossibly lovely level like this at me!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Okay, I haven't actually beaten it yet, but I have found out a few things that sort of maybe help in the Buu fight. Given, I can't be sure if it's helping, because there is no sign that you're ever making progress. For all I know I need to kill a hundred of the loving things.

1. Spam the poo poo out of dash attacks and their teleporting follow up attacks to get ki back.
2. Have a big fat beam attack ultimate with lots of hyper armor, like Radtiz's Weekend.
3. Fire at them when they're in a group.
4. Don;t get so caught up in trying to focus on them one on one because there will always be 5 Buu's on the screen: they are replenished the exact second you kill one.
5. Be really goddamn lucky. Buu has essentially infinite stamina, which means that he can use his breakaway whenever he wants, which means that you can only actually land a combo on him when he feels like letting you.

Of course you could try the only actually reliable strategy I've found: circle strafe and spam the basic ki blast.

Seriously, from what I can find it seems to be considered the best strategy for the fight.

It'll take you about 1-2 hours to do that way.

EDIT: 5. The answer is 5 Buu's, then survive the conversation between Buu and Trunks.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 25, 2015

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Killing infinity powerful and super frustrating Small Majin Buus for 10 minutes better be the most tedious thing this game throws at me or I will start to regret being so hype about the whole thing

The funniest thing is that the proceedings fights are infinitely easier. As far as I know, the Buu swarm may just be the single most difficult level in the entire game.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

What do you do for a Xenoverse sequel? Someone else threatens the timestream again in a similar but different way?

Like mechanically things can always iterate and improve, and they could add some new races (android, cell-monster, whatever) and some stuff from the movies, but when they're trying to craft a 'new' story out of existing DBZ stuff it gets harder to just play through it all again like in past games.

Follow the new stuff from Heroes and Online. It's already using characters from Online (Mira and Towa).

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Which game was it that had a ton of what if scenarios? I think I remember playing it for gamecube or xbox maybe?

Pretty sure I remember BT2 having some, like Amnesiac Raditz.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

Ya'll need to quit worrying about dbz storyline and instead focus on how many kamehamehas you're firing off per hour. It should be over a thousand.

and it seems like Vegeta makes you gain 50 levels before he gives you his third mentor quest. I'm about to say gently caress him and go train with Gohan.

That doesn't sound right. I'm only level 43 and I punched the Final Flash out of him like 15 levels ago.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I 50'd Max Ki and Ki basts before I started pumping up other stats on my Majin. Have only rarely regretted it.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I'm convinced some of these 'beat in under 5 minutes' fights are busted. I can beat the Saibamen in under 4, and Nappa's only come out once. And sometimes I'll curbstomp Tien, Yamcha, and Krillin, only to not have Piccolo show up.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Ultra Fighting Bomber helped a LOT with keeping Bardock alive. Just followed him around in-between dash combos and exploded the world every 15 seconds.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Okay, so now I'm convinced that Nappa not appearing during Saibaman Revenge is because I was killing them too fast. Every other time I'd just kill the last group with Ultra Fighting Bomber. When I take the extra 2 seconds to dash combo them all individually, Nappa appears.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I think this happens sometimes too. In one of the earlier PQ, where you fight krillin, tien and yamcha at the same time I'd kill them super fast and nothing. The one time I thought I finished it and checked my phone while krillin punched my dude in the rear end for a few seconds, Piccolo shows up.

Minor question here, anyone think it likely that the pre-order bonuses will eventually show up as regular DLC at any point?

Yep. After multiple tried it seems that if you ever instantly explode a full group of three the game freaks out and doesn't give you the Nappa fight.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't think the time patrol trigger for Explosion of Namek is beat it within 3 minutes because I can usually beat him in 30 seconds and I've only gotten the patroller to appear twice. RIP. Might have to do with rank because the only two times they appeared I got Z, where I get A otherwise for some reason.

No, it is, its just that you have to beat him in under three minutes AND hope the RNG is in your favor, because the Patroller's appearance is still random on top of that.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Holy Hell you people were not kidding about the Kamiccolo soul. You'd think 'well obviously this is only useful for melee heavy fighters' but no, my Majin is a shameless student of the School of Daka who thinks that punching is just a fun way to refill Ki, and I'm almost always topped off for health.

At first I was confused, wondering what a reinforcement skill was. Did I have to use a buff skill, like a Ginyu dance? No, it turns out the thing procs itself.

Jesus, I cannot imagine how much this is going to break my more melee oriented Bass(oon) and Pan.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
The secret to gaining points with mentors quickly is to bring 2 of them along and then use their moves a bunch, right? Could I bring 2 Ginyu's along and let them do everything while I pose for the whole fight to rack up brownie points quickly?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I think that happens no matter what race you start as. I wreck all kinds a poo poo as my Buu lady but the moment I switch to a different race it feels all clunky and wrong.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
This is probably a really dumb question with a really obvious answer, but there's something I gotta ask. When I pick myself for a PQ or fight, there's like 8 slots that I can cycle through. One of them is what I have on me, and the others are my character naked and skill-less. How do I save set-ups to the other slots?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Baby Babbeh posted:

There's a tab under customize called "Presets." From there you can save your current setup into one of those slots or load another setup. Freiza Clan dudes who like to nerd out use this to set up their "alternate forms"

Thanks!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Seriously don't use Kamekameha. No matter how quick the charge time nothing makes up for the fact that it does less damage that a rough tickling with a feather duster. I'm fairly certain it's the weakest attack in the game.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Some people feel bad about spamming Ultimates: not me. I'm a Majin. It is my birthright to explode. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a move that blows you up, so Ultra Fighting Bomber will just have to do.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I love that the best strategy for almost any challenge is not to use the Kamehameha or Spirit bomb or something you'd expect to be OP in a Dragon Ball game, but instead to spam the moves of the likes of Radditz and Recoom.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Baby Babbeh posted:

Every race sort of has its bullshit mechanic, though. Humans get Ki regen, Nameks can be unkillable tanks if you stack health regen on them, Friezas have that stun ki blast and Saiyins have SSJ laser spam. Majins I don't know, chocolate attack?

Majins get chocolate yes, but they're just as unkillable as Namekians due to a ridiculous defense stat.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Does anyone know what PQ you get Yamcha's moves from? I can't find them.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Emong posted:

Those are almost certainly going to be DLC.

Dang.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Shenron give me strength, I'm actually going to try and grind the Majin Buu moves. Because a Majin should have some, dammit. Already have Vanishing Ball, which is my new favorite Super (Good damage, good speed, and--most importantly--makes my Buu look like a looney when she casts it). Any tips on which ones are just straight up not worth the time?

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 9, 2015

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So THAT'S where the last PQ I needed was.

Behind me. Dick move 17

At least SS4 Goku is a lot of fun to play as. Now to grind Dragon Balls to unlock the last three characters.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So does Bluff Kamehameha actually do anything? Other than make your opponent feel like a dumbass for getting hit by it?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

YggiDee posted:

Buus have a candy attack, I don't know about the rest.

Majin's can also explode for a little damage, and about 6 seconds of total invincibility.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So are there any hard numbers for how much the points you put into your character effect things? I've been making an adult Pan, so I've been putting everything into punching and super punching. On the other hand, it strikes me that she should have the Masenko and Special Beam Canon.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Killed By Death posted:

You can use this spreadsheet to see the effects of clothes/attributes.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
The DLC is supposed to come out today, right? Well I just picked up the season pass, so is there a reason it's not downloading yet? ON PS4.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Mar 17, 2015

• Locked thread