Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just went through the ballache of setting up a US PSN account and buying psn cards because the game and season pass cost basically the same as just the loving game on the UK store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah, 23rd so 24th I guess after timezone poo poo.

Works for me because I have the week off and was otherwise booked for the weekend so I can get some time in.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mr E posted:

I'm going to end up spending another 25 bucks on the Season Pass, aren't I?

This is the first season pass I've ever bought (Although that is possibly because I was buying cross region to save money and realised the season pass bundle was only £5 more than buying the base game on my home region)

Also first psn pre order.

Game looks totally tits.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gonna play this all day tomorrow for reals. I might not even get dressed after the wife goes to work

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn't there some lore poo poo that they aren't earth's dragon balls they're special time patrol dragon balls or whatever

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My cross region US store buying shenanigans worked, gonna gently caress some dudes up.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Is there anyway you can select the Japanese voice acting but have the English words?

I just looked in the options menu and yeah, voice options for the US PSN version at least are Japanese and English.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

polish sausage posted:

Try signing in to your psn through your desktop computer, check your recently added games. Xenoverse and the preorder thing should be there. Click them and then click on select download to your ps4. Thats how im getting it. Pretty stupid though.

I had to go into "library" on my PS4 to find and download the preload version.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Solomonic posted:

I did the great ape mission, and I guess I finished it fast enough or something because at the end, it did the 'surprise, there's more after the listed bosses' thing and took me to an underground lake to fight a secret final boss

It was a frieza named Charles

GOTY

The voice acting in this is terrible and I'm not sure why you'd want to swap them to Japanese since bad voices is the truest DBZ experience?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Firstborn posted:

Not that I can tell. Trunks and Goten think you are a jerk no matter what race you play as. You only really need to play the story mode once - you only start with 1 CAC slot, and you unlock them when you beat story mode - and then any other CAC you make will have all the parallel quests open to level up in and unlock goodies freely. And all attacks and outfits and stuff you have currently acquired.

I don't speak Japanese, so I don't know if like Piccolo will be like "What the hell, a Namek?" or something. I kind of doubt it.

I'm so excited to see your guy's impressions of the story mode and alternate timeline. Saiyan Saga What-If Spoiler Nappa and Vegeta decide to turn Oozaru on your rear end.

Raditz just called me a pathetic earthling or w/e so there's at least different dialogue for different races.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don't know what kind of weirdo name database they pulled for the randomly generated NPC's but it's very unique. I've found a blue Namek called Kenneth, a Saiyan called Quinton and a Frieza called Randy. Then a bunch of Gaelic names like Brennan and Bronwyn.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Initial thoughts:

Could use some quality of life stuff for wandering around the city. There's no reason that I should have to run back to the little starting point after every parallel time quest other than to waste time, if I want to do a bunch in a row just let me do a bunch in a row. I'll wander around the city when I want to buy stuff, you don't need to make me run past the stores every time.

Captain Ginyu is in my body but Goku is still talking about needing to get his body back. What.

Subtitles are also full of typos, apparently they were too busy making an awesome game to spellcheck their poo poo

Frieza has like 5 health bars this fight is bullshit

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Feb 24, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Flytrap posted:

Well there's a quick way to check if there's racial differences in dialogue.

What did Ginyu say when he took your body? He said my Majin was 'flabby'.

There are definitely racial differences in dialogue but it's entirely cosmetic.

This Frieza battle is absolute bullshit. If you're lucky enough for him to kill Vegeta in the first phase you get to skip one of his arbitrary extra health bar reset stages which seems to be a bug more than anything intentional.

EDIT: And then out of nowhere I take him apart like a bitch without a single ally being knocked out or having to use a single item. Ok then.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 24, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm excited to hear there is racial specific dialogue. I wouldn't have necessarily expected that so it s a good bonus.

It's almost always just "oh you're a <race> you cant possibly win" style dialogue in every instance I've come across but it's there, yeah. Maybe a Frieza or Majin would get more of a reaction since they're based on villains and an Earthling is just too vanilla.

ZenVulgarity posted:

How is this as a game

It owns. I just figured out how to get online and see other people's ridiculous Gokus and its as great as you'd expect it to be.

EDIT:

Found my first "Girl in underwear" goku less than 4 minutes into my first lobby.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 24, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There's tons of Japanese gokus who are great but your starting goku is just a palette swap until you start getting lucky with the clothing drops in missions, and the game hasn't been unlocked long enough to see any really good parts drop yet I guess.

I'm currently just wearing the pre-order bonus gear to grind out the story mode because it's pretty good stat-wise.

"Will go do the time patrol?"

Sure Trunks, will go do the time patrol.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 24, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

How do you get the preorder gear, my Majin needs GLORIOUS CRYSTAL ARMOR

It should just be in your inventory, however I had to go out and restore licenses for it to work because it didn't unlock the first time I started the game. This also enabled the online mode for me.

Settings - PSN - Restore licenses

EDIT:

My handsome, bearded goku in his splendid golden armour

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 24, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

No problem!

Cell saga twist is the best twist

you have to fight a powered up evil Hercule who is an absolute beast

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I took Krillen as a mentor and now he mocks me every time I fail a mission

gently caress you buddy who the hell did you ever beat

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

jivjov posted:

I'm so glad that there's at least that beard option. It's way douchier than my actual facial hair...but I'm hellbent on my first CaC being Me-except-a-Saiyan

That is literally the only non-accessory beard option, for an earthling at least.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Powered up perfect cell doesn't flinch when you hit him and that's loving annoying as poo poo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh man really? That was my least favorite part of Tenkaichi 3. I hope not too many people have it.

After you wear him down a bit it seems to go away, but the first 40-60% of his health bar is a total bastard.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

Is this game still embargoed even though it's technically out already?

No idea.

Possibly related, it doesn't let you record any gameplay at all at the moment, as far as I can see. Every time you go into a mission you get the recording blocked popup.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'm done for the day after putting in the last 9 straight hours, whoops.

Here is a lovingly curated collection of gokus I found on my travels

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Evil Canadian posted:

I just beat what would be the Saiyan Saga I guess, and how in the world do 1) I earn more create a character slots 2) get out of the single player lobby? I wanna see people running around.

You get more slots by completing story mode apparently, and I only saw the option for online after I restarted the game after restoring licenses for the pre-order DLC.

If you have the pre-order stuff in your inventory already then quit out and load back in, it'll give you the option of single lobby or multi lobby and there's where you'll find the sweet sweet gokus.

EDIT:VVVVVVV Or that I guess, no idea. I never got prompted that online was even a thing, I just saw the option after I restored the licenses and went with it. I was already into the Frieza saga by then.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just thought it was nice to see there weren't just underwear lady gokus, but also underwear man gokus.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wish it was a little more obvious with the optional mission objectives.

For example, the martial arts tournament one has 2 mystery objectives. I've tried everything I can think of down to soloing it with my created character taking no damage in under 60 seconds and not even that is what they're looking for.

What do you want from me game?!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NomChompsky posted:

Okay cool. Also, how does this thing work with trainers? I was gonna get trained by piccolo, but he disappeared. So now i am getting trained by Krillin's dumb rear end and he taught me one skill and refuses to talk to me now except to accuse me of calling him bald or something. Do I need to gain levels before he'll teach me more? Where did Piccolo go?

Level up and find them again, worked for me with Krillen.

exmorte posted:

Beat it in under 5 Minutes

I beat it in under 60 seconds. Game doesn't care.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mr E posted:

Only thing I don't like about the game is that it puts you far away from the parallel mission place every time you finish one.

Yeah that's probably my least favourite thing.

I'd also ask for fast travel to the stores and poo poo but then I'd miss out on all the gokus, so it's kind of a catch 22.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Bee posted:

Are there any baseball caps and jorts in the character creator? I want to make a Super Cena.

Initial creator dress-up is literally just colour in your generic karate outfit. You have to collect other clothes in game. I've seen baseball caps, not sure about jorts.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crabtree posted:

Don't sayian armor leggings count as jorts?

Not baggy enough

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It kind of sucks that clothing includes stat mods.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Broseph Brostar posted:

Its an explosion around the character that makes them immune to damage for a second and can be used in the middle of being flinched. Its like a burst from guilty gear.

Piccolo was doing it when I fought him to become his student, and Vegeta was also doing it.

Has anybody gotten the online to work on the ps4?

I was playing most of today online on PS4 without issue.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Old Greg posted:

Thanks for the informative thread everyone! Is there anything locked out of offline play except for the obvious multiplayer battles? Will I never be able to fight Broly or some weird single-player restriction like that?

No its all there.

Your singleplayer lobby will even be filled with pretend gokus with silly names so you feel kind of like you're online with the rest of us.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Firstborn posted:

The Dreaded Cousin of Freiza...

Charles.

And Charles' younger, significantly tougher brother, Randy

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah the CPU generated gokus are all pretty much a rainbow nightmare

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Flytrap posted:

Holy Christ, how many of these loving Buu's am I supposed to kill?

I swear, every time I get to a point where I can say 'yes, this is a good game' it throws an impossibly lovely level like this at me!

That's the mission that made me throw in the towel at the mini buu swarm

Gonna do some parallel quests tomorrow and then get back to the story.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mr E posted:

How do I get a mentor :saddowns:?

They'll show up in the area with the parallel quest and online battle buildings, you can tell them by their names having little circle symbol things next to them. It's random, and some only appear after you finish enough story and will only teach you if you're high enough level. You can go in and out of the area to reload until they pop up if you really want to, I think.

You can only progress one mentor at a time as far as I can tell, I've started with Krillin and talking to others tells me it'll reset my "relationship" with him. There is a trophy for maxing them all out though so I'm guessing once you finish their little training arc you can go on to another without issue.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Firstborn posted:

PS4? Go into your settings and "reset your licenses" is what I've been hearing.

I think he means he bought a physical copy, which usually means DLC code in box or on your receipt.

Was the case still sealed? Maybe you just got screwed in the packaging lottery :(

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It turns out that the special conditions on some parallel quests aren't available if you solo the mission like a real bad rear end. I went back and did the martial arts tournament again but took two random CPU dudes and this time I had an extra fight after.

And sometimes just not trigger at all apparently? The special conditions for "Defeat Frieza's Army!" are to clear in 10 minutes and defeat Ginyu, Burter, and Jeice. I beat all the henchman scrubs in less than 5 and it just finished the mission, didn't even spawn the Ginyu force.

Captain Ginyu is talking poo poo in a side quest except the game has decided he's actually Goku and keeps popping up Goku's portrait alongside Ginyu's dialogue. No, he isn't supposed to be bodyswapped at this time.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 25, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Killing infinity powerful and super frustrating Small Majin Buus for 10 minutes better be the most tedious thing this game throws at me or I will start to regret being so hype about the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

zelah posted:

Is there a trick to unlocking specific gear in the parallel missions? Trying to get Gokus gi from that early world tournament mission but I'm not sure if drops are random or if I'm supposed to be fulfilling some condition.

It's seemingly random.

• Locked thread