Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

naw thats the two on the left this guy posted

Mariana Horchata posted:

ive been wearing the same Casio F-91 for the past two years almost now but only during the week at work or maybe sometimes when i go out. i find that easily being able to check the time helps me with real life

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

does that retard lump g-shock in with "modern quartz digital"

loving astronauts and poo poo wear g-shock

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

and rappers

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I have one of those cheap seiko 5 automatics (the kind that are like $60 on amazon) and it stopped working no matter how much it's moved, like 3 months after I bought it. is it worth it to bring it to a watch fixer & how much do they charge. or will it just happen again because those watches are poo poo

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Bishop posted:

There's so many designs that are labeled "seiko 5" that it's pointless to talk about their aesthetics.

It's this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LTAY1U/

It's not great looking but I just wanted a cheap watch with hands and gears and poo poo. I liked it while it lasted but I'm fine with my g-shock now

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

The movements in those are basically made to be disposable, and the whole thing pops out as a module. Like, it's actually cheaper to throw out the movement and replace it than it is to have it disassembled and cleaned.

That said, they are far from being lovely and should last at least 10-15 years. I have the same watch and only quit wearing it because the band gets hella stinky in the warmer months.

Where do you get just the movement?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I wear a watch because I've been wearing watches since I was a kid and it feels weird to not have something on my wrist, it's also kinda convenient

e: I would never spend over $150 or so on a watch though

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

totally forgot I have one of these:

I saw an ad for it in wired when I was like 12 and really wanted it but it was expensive so I never got it until a few years ago when I ebayed one. It has a touchscreen it's cool

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

ok grandpa

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I really want the spike lee g-shock

I keep my weed & weed accessories in a g-shock tin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

My dad's been wearing a Seiko Digiborg every day since 1981 or so

People used to make fun of it, now they think it's super cool.

thaaats fuckin awesome

• Locked thread