Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
Norling is gone. Good man, good coach, bad fit for Brann.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Won the Allsvenskan with Malmö - got relegated with Brann. Guess the Tippeligaen is just a tougher league to manage in.

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

is there even such a thing as a coach that is a good fit for brann? who would that even be?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

L. Ron Mexico posted:

is there even such a thing as a coach that is a good fit for brann? who would that even be?

Mons Ivar Mjelde. So of course we had to sabotage and kick him out as soon as he got success.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

L. Ron Mexico posted:

Martin Andresen Mons Ivar Mjelde won them the gold. He was a pretty good fit.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

L. Ron Mexico posted:

A fellow by the first name Tom and last name N....

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I would like to congratulate BA on its successful transformation into an english tabloid.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Picer posted:

A fellow by the first name Tom and last name N....

BA is reporting that we are talking with a Norwegian to take over by Monday. Maybe.

As long as it isn't Aabrekk.

I'd like Nielsen over any of the free Norwegian candidates, so hope BA is wrong though.

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

hoping for a surprise ivar hoff hire

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Puseklepp posted:

BA is reporting that we are talking with a Norwegian to take over by Monday. Maybe.

As long as it isn't Aabrekk.

I'd like Nielsen over any of the free Norwegian candidates, so hope BA is wrong though.

My first guess was that Brann would go for Nielsen, but Aabrekk is a better choice (if you want to get relegated again).

Re: relegation. Last year Alta got relegated with 34 points. In 2013 Vard got relegated with the same amount, but in 2012 TUIL went down with 35 points. You're 21/22 points away from being secured a new season in OBOS, and I think Brann have the squad to do it. Unless you do a Leeds.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

TV2 says it might be Lars Arne Nilsen. Know nothing about him except he won the cup while almost getting relegated from OBOS. Sounds like a good fit.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
It's time for Teitur!

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Puseklepp posted:

TV2 says it might be Lars Arne Nilsen. Know nothing about him except he won the cup while almost getting relegated from OBOS. Sounds like a good fit.
Teitur changed his name and became a slostril apparently.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
gently caress football :suicide:

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

TheRat posted:

Football is kind of cool

Agreed

Good first half, shame about conceding right at the end.

Hopefully this isn't another 5-5

Grimble fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 31, 2015

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
According to history we will need about three more goals if we want all the three points home from Stavanger.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football status: Meh. But I am having a nice time watching this come-back at least.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Fuuuck, well maybe now the guys will wake the gently caress up.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Grimble posted:

Fuuuck, well maybe now the guys will wake the gently caress up.

Not very likely. We will still need to learn to play two good halves. Not just one...

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

azathosk posted:

Not very likely. We will still need to learn to play two good halves. Not just one...

:toot:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Oooooh we needed that. Great win. Mjøndalen are firmly placed in The Bin.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Fotball, bloody hell.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

I missed the match, but seriously... What the hell is it with us and Viking away? Happy with the win, but it's getting ridiculous.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
How the gently caress is that even possible?! I have never so much bad luck in a single match ever.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Just one of those days, I guess. Tromsø were good(in the second half) at breaking up our play, and we weren't good enough to outplay them.

..And yet we still should've won that.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Jesus, they have to make it exciting at the end don't they?

Getting Haugen on helped a lot, but I think getting rid of Huseklepp helped almost as much; he was absolutely dire.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Didn't watch the match, but we won it so I'm happy. Looking forward to winning TL in 2016.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Some candy for the schadenfreuders out there as another round of the cup rolls by. Hødd beat Aalesund, while Sandefjord and Strømsgodset are going into extra time vs Kongsvinger and Kvik Halden respectively.

Edit: Strømmen - Lillestrøm also going into extra time.

Huckert fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 3, 2015

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Well, Sandefjord pulled through on penalties, Godset lost on their penalty shootout and Strømmen won it against Lillestrøm in extra time. Cup bombs ahoy!

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

Lurgy posted:

Well, Sandefjord pulled through on penalties, Godset lost on their penalty shootout and Strømmen won it against Lillestrøm in extra time. Cup bombs ahoy!

What is this "cup" business? I'm pretty sure there is no cup this year. None whatsoever.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
We have no team :commissar:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

Grimble posted:

What is this "cup" business? I'm pretty sure there is no cup this year. None whatsoever.

The cup is this thing that Rosenborg are doing to tire themselves out before playing Vålerenga.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Grimble posted:

Yeah, pretty sure it got cancelled. Silly NFF, at it again...

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Lurgy posted:

The cup is this thing that Rosenborg are doing to tire themselves out before playing Vålerenga.

This is great!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Hey fellas, anyone have an idea how's Henrik Ojamaa been so far this season? There's a bit of a uproar here because he's not been called up to the EMNT. What's the general consensus amongst Sarpsborg fans?

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
I'm doing all the lols at Glimt being smashed by TUIL. Thanks, Tromsdalen, for providing a light in the darkness that is life as a TIL-supporter.

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

jyrka posted:

What's the general consensus amongst Sarpsborg fans?

among who?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Brann won 4-1 today. Not only are we gonna win OBOS 2015 and Tippeligaen 2016, we'll win NM too!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

There must be some Sarpsborgians somewhere surely? I've no idea, I just first heard of the team when I googled where Ojamaa plays when making that post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Puseklepp posted:

Brann won 4-1 today. Not only are we gonna win OBOS 2015 and Tippeligaen 2016, we'll win NM too!
The most refreshing thing was how they actually managed to stay in the lead without panicking and play confidently in defence. :toot:

jyrka posted:

There must be some Sarpsborgians somewhere surely? I've no idea, I just first heard of the team when I googled where Ojamaa plays when making that post.
IIRC Mr. Mexico is the closest thing we have to one on here.
Anyway S08 play in a poo poo leage and I haven't seen any of their matches but our largest newspaper has given him an average score of 4,38 over 8 matches if that helps (scale goes to 10, and the best player so far has a score of 6,27).

• Locked thread