Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Gulbrandsen injured and will lose most if not all of the season. Lock up your stars and talents, Molde are going shopping!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Oh geez, Moldes replacement for Gulbrandsen is apparently gonna be Mushaga Bakenga. I'm well aware they're the #1 team right now, but that's just rubbing it in.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Watching Sweden you might get to see Zlatan live! All I hear about AIK is their hooligans when they play derbies but I guess that won't be an issue in a friendly.

In other news it seems we're getting Fellah on loan from Esbjerg. If he stays fit he'll be a nice replacement for Mix.

Heading over to pick up my season ticket today, starting to get eager for that terrible tippeliga action!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Helland up to 9 goals in pre-season. Can't wait for the real season to start when our form turns to poo poo.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
The Fellah deal fell through, and we can't afford to loan Bakenga so now he's gone to Molde to win a title instead. Oh how the mighty have fallen, eh?

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Yeah, these are strange times. Also worth mentioning that Odd are clinging to a 41-year old striker.

On a brighter note: the new Norway kit is beautiful. I love kits with a sash on the front and the new crest is just awesome. Shame we only get to show it off in qualifiers

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
That Stabæk deal is just about crazy enough that I might believe there's something in the Henderson rumors.. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
They still got plenty of talent in their squad(even after Ødegaard left) but imo Nielsen(the new manager) isn't getting nearly the same output that Deila did. Seems they're well aware that they were punching above their weight when they won the title though and are building long-term rather than overspending to challenge Molde. Definitely gonna be 'up there' this season.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
So Liam Henderson actually joined Rosenborg today on a loan deal that lasts until summer. Can't say I understand it, but alright.

Also: 6 more days to go!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I'm optimistic, which means we'll barely avoid relegation. But god drat how I'm looking forward to seeing live footy at Lerkendal tomorrow!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Pål André "loving" Helland. Player of the year, you heard it here first folks!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Frode Johnsen scores a goal, football is alive and well.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Heh, good job, Odd!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
5-0 on Monday, 6-0 today... Godset you better watch the gently caress out!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Feel sorry for Grindhaug. He's got a hell of a mess to sort out to get his defense in order. And VIF might get several more here today.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
What bothered me most about the match today was walking through rain and freezing my nails off at the stadium. I can deal with us taking "just" a point vs Godset, we'll get more goals when Helland is back again.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Heh, look at Molde, only beating Aalesund by 4 goals. And you call that favorite for the title?

I'm sorry Insurrectionist, looks like you might be the ones to pick up Nordlie this time.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Four matches in, Mjøndalen still haven't lost. Good fun, these brown-clad folk.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Four goals and back on top :toot:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

Her Dryer posted:

I hope Henderson can get a few starts soon, seems like he's doing ok so far? Most exciting prospect Celtic have produced in a while so I'm really interested in how he does.

After starting the season with 5-0 and 6-0 wins, it's no surprise the lineup remains the same, but we're starting to play two matches a week now so I'm sure he'll get more opportunities. Doesn't hurt his chances that he scored two goals today, either.

Very impressed by his attitude, though. He seems very focused on working hard to improve, and seems very humble and polite in every interview.

Huckert fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 25, 2015

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Hah, actually made a bet about that a while ago, didn't think it'd cash out this fast.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
It's definitely my #1 moment, that's for sure. I love the way the commentators keep losing their poo poo in that video.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Christ on a bike that was nervewracking, but I'll very happily take it!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Good job, Viking!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I have no idea why I logged on a betting site today and thought that it's too early for any upsets in the cup. VIF and Mjøndalen down by a goal, Tromsø and Sandefjord still at an even score... and Start are already dead and gone, being 3-0 down to Vindbjart.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I'm not one to build a case for Stabæk being very good, but they were in shambles after last season with pretty much every player having scored a goal leaving the team, but they managed to grab some good replacements just before the new season and the rest is down to Bob Bradley.

They're not gonna stay second though.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I do love having all these matches in May, but if we get another defender injured we will have to postpone football for a while. Just letting you all know.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
First loss of the season comes at the hands of Mjøndalen. Who would've thought that 25 minutes in at 0-2...

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Uh-oh, Vålerenga went 2-0 up against Mjøndalen and now they're starting their comeback!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
We entered the Svein Oddvar Moen lottery and came out winners! :toot:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
David Nielsen bites the dust! Manager sackings do come early this year!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Just one of those days, I guess. Tromsø were good(in the second half) at breaking up our play, and we weren't good enough to outplay them.

..And yet we still should've won that.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Some candy for the schadenfreuders out there as another round of the cup rolls by. Hødd beat Aalesund, while Sandefjord and Strømsgodset are going into extra time vs Kongsvinger and Kvik Halden respectively.

Edit: Strømmen - Lillestrøm also going into extra time.

Huckert fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 3, 2015

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Well, Sandefjord pulled through on penalties, Godset lost on their penalty shootout and Strømmen won it against Lillestrøm in extra time. Cup bombs ahoy!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

Grimble posted:

What is this "cup" business? I'm pretty sure there is no cup this year. None whatsoever.

The cup is this thing that Rosenborg are doing to tire themselves out before playing Vålerenga.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I thoroughly enjoy watching football. Helland still the best winger in the land.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
We're jumpstarting the not-so-silly-mid-season-transfer-window-season by having Turkish wonderboy Demirci on trial, and he's got only months left on his contract with Besiktas so he might be a cheap deal.

...He's not a centre-back though. Søderlund better start practising his man-marking skills.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
My thanks to Molde and VIF for not winning today.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
We're heading to the Faroe Islands!

Norwegian fixtures in the first round of EL qualifiers:
Rosenborg - Vikingur (Cork or Reykjavik in the second round)
Strømsgodset - Partizani (Mlada Boleslav)
Odd - Sheriff (Progres Niederkorn or Sligo Rovers)

Molde will meet the winner of SS Folgore - Pyunik in the 2nd round CL qualifiers.

I'm enjoying these EL qualifiers. With the regional grouping we get regular trips to the island nations in the west.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Wow, we managed a 0-0 draw vs Vikingur. Four matches in a row now where we've been mediocre at best. I'm getting worried...

• Locked thread