Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

It's another year and new season of Tippeligaen. The most predictable, and at the same time most unpredictable league in the world.

2014 ended with Molde comfortably running away with the league and cup title, which they will probably do again this season.

The season also ended in the absolute funniest way possible with Brann relegated after the losing the playoffs to a bunch of plumbers and wastemen from Mjøndalen.

The following teams are currently not bankrupt and will play in the league this year.

Aalesund

Had a fairly medicore season last year ending with Janne Jönsson leaving. Currently managed by Harald Aabrekk, who will lead them to more mediocrity imo.

Bodø/Glimt

Nearly went down last season after a promising start and are bound to have another difficult year. Will go down if Sanè and Badou leaves at some stage of the season. Ibba will continue to score goals and steal phones.

Haugesund

Seems to have a knack of finding good goal scorers and selling them shortly after. Depending on where they are in that cycle they will either finish upper mid table or lower mid table.

Lillestrøm

Despite having no money they did really well last season and ended up 5th. This year they're starting with negative points and a new manager with a name I won't even attempt to spell. Destined for somewhere between 5th and 12th.

Molde

They have all the money and all the players, of course they'll win again. The only question is if they can finally qualify for europe. The league is certainly helping them all they can.

Mjøndalen

All signs points to them going down in spectacular fashion, but let's not kid ourselves. This is tippeligaen, and they will finish in the upper half.

Odd

Last seasons big surprise team. I think they'll finish slightly lower this year. Outside of the top 3, surely.

Rosenborg BK

Kåre Ingebrigtsen will be sacked by july and they will hire someone competent to make sure they'll finish 2nd or 3rd. Will continue to be jealous of Moldes success and their money.

Sandefjord

I don't know. Will probably struggle?

Sarpsborg 08

Brian Deane is a good manager and they'll suffer without him. Despite finishing 8th last year they will be one of the favorites to go down.

Stabæk

How long will they keep hold of Bob Bradley? They will surely have a harder season this year, but they're doing well in recruiting players and I think they will stay up. Barely.

Start

The latest club with huge financial problems. They will have to cut costs and sell players to survive, and they will suffer. They had the worst defence last year (together with Glimt) and they won't be better this year. Another year with relegation battles I think.

Strømsgodset

Got a mountain of cash for Martin Ødegaard and they've got an exciting team this year too. I'm expecting a title challenge until september before Molde runs away with it. Will be in the top 3 with Rosenborg and Molde.

Tromsø

Back after a year in adecco following their surprise relegation. Are currently in a phase where they're rebuilding their squad and cutting costs and seems to have a very small and significantly weaker squad than earlier. Steinar Nilsen is still somehow competent and I think they'll stay up. Recently got a bunch of money from that demented old fool Trond Mohn that allowed them to actually spend a bit of money on new players. Will stay up and end somewhere in the lower half.

Viking

Viking were absolute garbage in the second half of the season last year iirc and should do better for a club their size. Everyone loves Jonevret, and I think he'll turn it around and they'll finish in the top 8.

Vålerenga

Sold Kjartansson who scored all their goals last year and will probably be worse off and end up somewhere mid table. Rekdal will continue to do and say stupid things.

As always, predictions go out the window but I thinks it's going to be pretty fun. It's kicking off on April 6th, and it's finally back on TV2 so people will actually watch it. I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Glimt made a profit for the third year in a row so we're the moral winners.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Well at least I don't have to be afraid anymore of getting my phone stolen at Aspmyra.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

We signed a winger yesterday, which is nice, but the squad is crying out for a striker and central defender. Our only striker is Sørloth jr. and he's only on loan. I know the club is looking everywhere for a striker, but so is everyone else. And like everyone else, we don't want to spend anything either. This could be a strange season.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

The transfer window and training matches has been horrible for us and I'm afraid we'll go down. At best we'll end up a few points above the drop. Our defense is worse than last year and we don't have Ibba to bail us out anymore.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Ugh

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Ugh we're so bad it's not even funny

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Didn't watch the match but I can only imagine how terrible it was. The bright side is that we only conceded two goals and not three as usual so maybe we won't concede 90 goals this year after all

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I've seen a lot of terrible defending through the years but this is a whole new level

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

We're going to win today I can feel it

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

We won a match :cool:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Worst loving season ever

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Oooooh we needed that. Great win. Mjøndalen are firmly placed in The Bin.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I love Londak but he's really really bad now and so is everyone else

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Lmao we beat VIF and Sane is trolling RBK, what a time to be alive

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Yesssss

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

We've won three in a row now, maybe we're not that poo poo anyway?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Badou to FC Ufa is happening. Just as the season started to be a bit fun.. :(

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

We've won four in a row!! Three of them away!! I don't think we've ever done that before!!

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I take it all back. This season rules, all of our players are great and I even think we're staying up.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Vegard Forren is a fraud imo

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

We sold Badou :(

Sad to see him go, one of the best players to ever play for us IMO. Not expecting us to spend any money to sign anyone, but we got Erik Tønne on a free for the rest the year and he might be good?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

azathosk posted:

"How to fail at football 101" by Vålerenga Fotball.

I will just put the main talking points here:
- Do well in the first part of the season (against all odds)
- Talk about next season mid-season (We will be even better that season)
- If at close range for a medal - talk about gold
- Buy former superstar players (like Mohammed Abdellaoue)
- Don't win a single match at home for about four games
- Fail.

Thank you.

We're going to finish above you :cool:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

jyrka posted:

Do people seriously think someone is going to kill a footballer in Norway?

Other footballers have tried to kill Pavel Londak for years but he's indestructible

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

We're still in the title race

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

We can't deal with set pieces so of course we're going to get a beating by you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Another embarrassing display, it's obvious the players have taken their holidays early after securing the place in tippeligaen. IIRC two thirds of the squad are out of contract after this season (9 of the players involved yesterday) so it's going to be an exciting winter.

• Locked thread