Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The aint can-can?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't even understand what happened in this video game. Thank you for LPing it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
gently caress you Jack Orlando. gently caress you Toontrax.

And gently caress you corn in the bible for making me know that this garbage exists.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Come to think of it, did we ever actually figure out who killed that guy at the beginning? You know, the crime Jack was being accused of in the first place? I guess the game is implying it was Major Reynolds, but did we ever find any proof of that?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Come to think of it, did we ever actually figure out who killed those guys at the beginning? You know, the crime Jack was being accused of in the first place? I guess the game is implying it was Major Reynolds, but did we ever find any proof of that?

Look, at this point, we're lucky we got any sort of plot resolution.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

Heart Thumping Field Trip
BIG PANIC?
I hate this stupid game, thank you corn in the bible

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

No Gravitas posted:

You gotta be kidding me.

Really?
Sonic 06.

Thank you corn in the bible, for taking us along on this enthralling mystery.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Come to think of it, did we ever actually figure out who killed that guy at the beginning? You know, the crime Jack was being accused of in the first place? I guess the game is implying it was Major Reynolds, but did we ever find any proof of that?

August Bellinger, that dude who died in a drive-by, was an assassin and is the dude who murdered the first guy. Then the mafia killed Bellinger and Jack got his fiance, so it all worked out!

this is great, thank you!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

Hey, in Mystery of the Druids you steal 60p from a beggar and you have to work hard to knock him out with pure alcohol.
My reaction to this fact is perfectly encapsulated by the game's boxart.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Wait, I thought your boss was also in on it as well?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Oooh, that guy. Wait, hold on. The guy in the cutscene had a cane. The hint we got even suggested the weird guy that came in had a cane. Bellinger does not have a cane in any of the scenes he's in. Did we get the wrong guy killed? :ohdear:

Actually, come to think of it, why did the mafia send a guy to pay off Bellinger for the job he did only to gun him down 10 minutes later?

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Thank you, this was amazing. I've never been so baffled by a video game before.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Wait, I thought your boss was also in on it as well?

He was! He's the dude in the grey trenchcoat who gets arrested at the end.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Well, and here I thought that Hopkins FBI and Hero Inc were the worst garbage.

So, it turns out my CD of German Jack Orlando still works. :sigh:

Apparently there's an Easy Version?

That's as far as I can get, it installs but won't start :woop:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

corn in the bible posted:

He was! He's the dude in the grey trenchcoat who gets arrested at the end.

Then who the hell was congratulating you on a job well done at the end?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Wait, that's the end of the game?

loving really?

:psyduck:

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

The aint can-can?

aint can dance
aint can talk
only thing about me is the way I walk

this game sucks

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

gschmidl posted:

That's as far as I can get, it installs but won't start :woop:

Ok, I'm checking on YouTube. The German dialogue is markedly different.

Jack is much more subdued in his interactions and not constantly randomly insulting. The conversations also make vastly more sense -- this must've been translated directly from the original, not from English.

The voice acting is pretty uniformly bad outside of Jack. The Chinese guy is as racist as he is in English.

There is also a completely different flow to the conversation somehow -- some dialogues are quite a bit longer in German, others are cut down. There is an incredibly lengthy explanation scene about what will happen to the colonel and Jack when they try to arrest Stewart, for example.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Are the puzzles still ludicrously implausible and impossible to find?

Also, I remember the LP mentioned an anchor being stolen somewhere, did that ever get used for anything? Also how much stuff is there in this game that just exists to be stolen by the player?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Well, this sure was a game. And an LP.

Whoever was doing the translation notes, could you continue / summarize? That was actually really interesting.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Xander77 posted:

Well, this sure was a game. And an LP.

Whoever was doing the translation notes, could you continue / summarize? That was actually really interesting.

That was me but honestly I feel like doing that for the entire game would be waaaaay too much effort. Also, my sole source for Polish text is a youtube LP and the guy is fuckin' hopeless and also playing the game blind :v:

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Any chance you could be persuaded to do one of the really bizarre ones, if the LP has them? I can't imagine the writers sat down and went "let's make 50% of the dialogue in the game incoherent gibberish", and I'm genuinely curious what could possibly have resulted in that translation.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

TheDarkFlame posted:

Are the puzzles still ludicrously implausible and impossible to find?

Also, I remember the LP mentioned an anchor being stolen somewhere, did that ever get used for anything? Also how much stuff is there in this game that just exists to be stolen by the player?

You use it to weight the rope so you can climb off the roof.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Then who the hell was congratulating you on a job well done at the end?

He was never introduced, so I don't know :shrug:

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Any chance you could be persuaded to do one of the really bizarre ones, if the LP has them? I can't imagine the writers sat down and went "let's make 50% of the dialogue in the game incoherent gibberish", and I'm genuinely curious what could possibly have resulted in that translation.

Oh yeah, I could totally give that a shot. All to unravel the mystery that is JACK ORLANDO

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery
This was a great LP of some straight-up nonsense. Thanks for doing it!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

It's always fun to see how insane bad adventure games can get. Thank you for the suffering.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Jesus loving Christ this game

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Thank you for LPing this. What a hilarious mess. :allears:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
This still seems like a fevre dream somehow :catdrugs:

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

This still seems like a fevre dream somehow :catdrugs:

It aint can.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I thought he might have been the mayor from the intro, but no, he's not. Now I've watched the opening again for no reason. Goddamn.

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015
So basically, Jack's reward for drunkenly stumbling through this adventure is a gold star and a TV buddy cop drama punchline.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
And a dame, that needed rescuing, I guess? Who for some reason stuck around, rather than going anywhere else other than the apartment of the guy her fiance's also want dead, someone she knows literally nothing else about.

I mean, he didn't even really rescue her, she rescued him.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

No Gravitas posted:

Yeah, the "secret agent on the moon" conversation sure is something.

Secret agent on the moon. How did it get there?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Are you sure this game wasn't an adaptation of jabberwocky? Thanks for the LP.

Black Wombat
Nov 25, 2007

Every puzzle
has an answer.
So...

So did an editor decide solving a murder wasn't a big enough deal at the 11th hour?

Or did they get 90% of the way through the game and go "Well we MADE all these army guy sprites, I'll be damned if we don't use them"?

More than anything else, though, I'm glad they ended on a complete lie, because nothing Jack Orlando does could reasonably be called 'good work'.

But, all the same, thanks for this. It's... It's been a ride.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
It was good of you to take the hit for us, cornbible. :tipshat:

Azriel Odin
Jun 3, 2011

Somehow I knew this was gonna happen.

So, wait, did I miss something, or did we use that hook (is that a hook) as a key after bending it?

Really?

I mean that's not the stupidest puzzle in this game, but...Well, I don't know how to finish that sentence, so I'll just say, thank you for this LP. It sure was a wild confusing ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Azriel Odin posted:

So, wait, did I miss something, or did we use that hook (is that a hook) as a key after bending it?

Really?

I mean that's not the stupidest puzzle in this game, but...Well, I don't know how to finish that sentence, so I'll just say, thank you for this LP. It sure was a wild confusing ride.

I thought he was gonna macgyver up a lockpick with it so he could jimmy the door open because that's a noir detective thing to do. But yes he literally made a drat key to put in the lock. What the gently caress.

• Locked thread