Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i got my phd in basket weaving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Nefarious posted:

i guess if you want to get your it certificate while you poopsock mmo's so that you can get a good job to support your mmo habit, what you guys are saying makes sense

for those of us without aspergers college is a once in a lifetime chance to learn new things, meet new people, bone gorgeous co-eds, discover new passions, realize how dumb you used to be, visit new places, and, lastly develop connections with other successful people who went to a good school that will help you in the job market later

Holy poo poo, this is all well and good but it's not 1998 or even 2001. College is a huge rip off right now and the more saturated they're getting the less valuable the diploma has become. Maybe it's unfair but at this point if you want to go to college you really should go for cheap because unless you have a specific degree, or path, your $100k degree isn't worth a penny more than a $15k degree from a state school.

I can't believe how black and white you're making this. When you look at the sheer number of liberal arts majors in private schools racking up 10s of thousands of dollars in debt every year you can't tell me that's a wise choice.

Pawn 17 posted:

Look at this ignorant post. The best thing is to do the exact opposite of p much everything in it.

This on the other hand is a good post. College is about a lot more than the piece of paper at the end. And financially, in most cases it is worth the cost unless you insist on attending some crazy expensive private school and then you get a liberal arts degree (and don't go on to grad school).
I agree with this. Private schools are ridiculous now. But sure let's call me ignorant.

I feel like you guys are making comments that USED TO BE true. Going to college used to not result in a life time of debt and very few job opportunities like it does now. College graduates without jobs are at record levels. They're either unemployed or underemployed.

If the price is right, go to college, but if you're going because "it's what people do," go to your state school or you're a loving retard.

Shadow fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 23, 2015

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Nefarious posted:

for those of us without aspergers college is a once in a lifetime chance to learn new things, meet new people, bone gorgeous co-eds, discover new passions, realize how dumb you used to be, visit new places, and, lastly develop connections with other successful people who went to a good school that will help you in the job market later

you can literally do any of that at any point in your life with or without college.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Nefarious posted:

also go to the best college you can get into and don't worry about money or jobs.

jesus christ learning poo poo makes you a better person you autistic fucks

tthiss you human being op

stop worrying about paying rent or eating.

get that traditional college experience and feel euphoric in the gift that is knowledge you loving idiot aspies

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Nefarious posted:

i guess if you want to get your it certificate while you poopsock mmo's so that you can get a good job to support your mmo habit, what you guys are saying makes sense

this.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

college is a good place to cram as many spider rings on your dick as possible even when it's all blue and god can't see or judge you

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

TwoStepBoog posted:

you can literally do any of that at any point in your life with or without college.

And seriously not everyone needs college. Trade school or apprenticeships are much more valuable for many of the people aimlessly going to college because of the experience. Well, for many, that experience is going to result in paying for it for 30 years.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

what the gently caress is 80k in debt? you are going to be loving rich with that Bachelors

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
Don't go to college if your dumb. Go to college if your smart.

If your smart, get a full ride to a state school or pay for an Ivy. I did the latter and look at me know.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

become a paralegal with a hypoxic dick from all the spider rings you don't have to worry about sex as a paralegal

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

my high school classmate got a full ride through college because he could throw a football good
he's dumb as a loving brick with down-syndrome
so do that if you want to go to college

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

if u didnt stretch ur rear end in a top hat to the circumferance of ur hips then idk wha tto tell you.

any non-aspie normal cool person had their asshoels stretched during their traditional college experience

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Vorik posted:

if u didnt stretch ur rear end in a top hat to the circumferance of ur hips then idk wha tto tell you.

any non-aspie normal cool person had their asshoels stretched during their traditional college experience

:lol:

which side are you on, friend?

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
i went to itt tech and ripped my rear end in a top hat in half

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

i'm on the side of logic

do get that traditional college experience
do ruin yourself financially

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i went to everest college and am now a power user (and administrator) when i am operating a personal computer using windows me

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

lol

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Vorik posted:

i'm on the side of logic

do get that traditional college experience
do ruin yourself financially

life experience not logical
autistic brain cannot compute functions "dorm life" "electives" "sexhaving"
Abort Retry Fail

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
Hey OP, any famous people I might have heard of graduate from your school? I watch Nascar.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
you know how when you work at mcdonald's you meet your weed and molly hookup?

same thing applies to college, except instead of drugs its jobs.

what i am saying is, if you wanna fly high, associate with people with similar aspirations.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Please, he needs a qualification to make up for the E in History.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

how me a frog posted:

Please, he needs a qualification to make up for the E in History.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
freshman year of college owns because it's a bunch of children with adult bodies running around without parental supervision for the first time and everyone is drunk and high and loving each other constantly

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

then on graduation night you can finally hook up with betty who got that accountant's degree and when she pulls down your pants she screams and asks if ur dick is covered in spiders and you llol nooo it's just the spider rings but you don't have sex because your dick has regressed to a stump and lost all feeling years ago

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
social vegan you aren't doing a very good job of selling me on spider rings

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
The traditional college experience is probably rad if you have parents that can constantly send you money and cover your living expenses. If you are funding it yourself using debt then it's a pretty financially reckless thing to do.

If you are paying for it yourself you should go to trade school / community college, learn how to do something, and get a job that pays well relatively soon. You'll also get college credits so you can get the four-year degree eventually.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
junior year i registered for classes late and most of the classes i wanted were full. i ended up taking a class on relations between the us and latin america, which i had no interest in whatsoever

turns out that class was awesome and i still have all my books and notes from it, and i still learn about the subject to this day. wow, thanks college!

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Nefarious posted:

junior year i registered for classes late and most of the classes i wanted were full. i ended up taking a class on relations between the us and latin america, which i had no interest in whatsoever

turns out that class was awesome and i still have all my books and notes from it, and i still learn about the subject to this day. wow, thanks college!

*error* illogical
*error* illogical

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

im in college, its not that expensive and im too immature to handle the real world at this point. its pretty ok

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Nefarious posted:

social vegan you aren't doing a very good job of selling me on spider rings

have fun with your life led by a very non-spooky dick wow what a blast

you don't have to worry about blasts with a tight plastic spider ring with rough edges because you know there's no attention to detail digging into your dick, tightening mercilessly

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Blue Raider posted:

just go to your states flagship school if you gotta go at all

university of (state) might not be your dartmouths or w&ms but nobody laughs at a degree from a school with 40k students

that's actually becoming less and less feasible as in-state students are less lucrative than out of state/international students so there's less incentive to offer good aid packages to in-state students.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Shadow posted:

I went to Northeastern to spend nearly over $150k for the degree. I'm just lucky my parents paid for my tuition

Quite.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

heh, i never went to college...... never finished highs school........ bet you couldnt tgell :smug: im actually p smart and knowledgable. ive been called wise by more than one person and an old soul. sometimesi kjust sit around thinking. its not easy

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i mean you over hear these things cleaning tyoilets i just assuemd they were talking about me

Cosmos
Jan 8, 2006

All that is or was or ever will be
I picked up some spider rings from one of those toy vending machines for 25c but I can't fit any of them on my dick can someone please help tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Shadow posted:

I can't believe how black and white you're making this. When you look at the sheer number of liberal arts majors in private schools racking up 10s of thousands of dollars in debt every year you can't tell me that's a wise choice.

I feel like you guys are making comments that USED TO BE true. Going to college used to not result in a life time of debt and very few job opportunities like it does now. College graduates without jobs are at record levels. They're either unemployed or underemployed.

I wonder those two things could somehow be related... makes you think.

• Locked thread