Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

wow this move was loving terrible, everything about it was poo poo.

-stupid and convoluted plot thats ultimately nonsensical and boring as hell. multiple plot threads that go nowhere. forest whitake is always nice to see but he gets nothing to do except stare at people and things with his weird hosed up eye

-the actions scenes are atrocious. the director of this movie decided shakey cam actions scenes werent annoying enough so he came up with cutaway action. the camera cant hold a loving shot for more than a second during actions scenes, i swear. every single one of them is incomprehensible and the constant cutaways made me feel dizzy. wide shots to establish the geography of the scene? gently caress that a millions different zoomed in things vaguely connected to whats going on is way more interesting. even ignoring this glaring issue the setpieces themselves are all dull and cliched. i mean this movie has like 4 loving car chases. they were so annoying i enjoyed the boring talky scenes more than the shooty scenes

- no loving blood and gore. none at all, despite the fact liam neeson kills several people the movie. this is the most pristine action film ive ever see. at some point neeson shoots someone in the head. youd think that would be a messy end for someone but nope, no splatter or brain matter flying off, nothing but a quick cutaway and the dude going limp afterwards. then later on he shoots a dude twice in the chest. even though hes dying from his injuries and we can clearly see the dudes chest, there is still no loving blood or gunshot wounds. it looks seriously retarded

this movie is trash and it will still make a ton money and 11 more sequels will be made because people love supporting trash with their hard earned dollars. do yourself a favor and just go watc john wick instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

I liked that John Wick didn't have bullshit shakey-cam quick-cut action, it was very refreshing.

I haven't seen Taken 2 or 3 because why

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
Maybe I'm getting adult onset allergies or something because my lips are like very uncomfortable right now.

Also I don't know if it's related but Ive got the runs.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the first taken was hilarious.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

spooky girlfriend posted:

I liked that John Wick didn't have bullshit shakey-cam quick-cut action, it was very refreshing.

I haven't seen Taken 2 or 3 because why

we wanted to see a movie and it was either taken 3 or fifty shades of grey, because we went in with no idea of what was showing or at what time soooo

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
i havent seen any of them....im taken my time but ill get to it....

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Sweet Tea posted:

the first taken was hilarious.

it taught a valuable moral lesson to young women to stay virgins so they'll be kept in reserve inventory by human traffikers to be sold on to swarthy arabs, giving their dads time to rescue them

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
"Gad Dummit!" Ex-Black Ops superman Bryan Mills pistol whips the payphone. "Listen closely, daughter-girl: I need you to do the things that I am saying to you: I need you...to allow yourself to be tooken. When they are to pull you out by your delicate white ankles, I need you to tell me what you see with your eyes." He licks his lips; they are super chapped. "But you must describe these things with your mouth."

He hears his daughter scream and gasp. There is a distant, muffled commotion; the grunts of primitive men from developing countries, men with unibrows and track suits and fetishes for Armani and soccer.

"Men!" his daughter shouts. "A lot of them! Foreign-looking white men! They're talking in Arabic! Or German!"

Mills mmmhmmms into the phone even though he doubts she can hear his acknowledgement. "That is good, my hummingbird. Keep going."

"One of them is wearing a...red shirt! Pleated pants!"

Mmmmhmmm... Mills pulls his sweatpants down over his milky white thighs and begins masturbating himself.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

"Gad Dummit!" Ex-Black Ops superman Bryan Mills pistol whips the payphone. "Listen closely, daughter-girl: I need you to do the things that I am saying to you: I need you...to allow yourself to be tooken. When they are to pull you out by your delicate white ankles, I need you to tell me what you see with your eyes." He licks his lips; they are super chapped. "But you must describe these things with your mouth."

He hears his daughter scream and gasp. There is a distant, muffled commotion; the grunts of primitive men from developing countries, men with unibrows and track suits and fetishes for Armani and soccer.

"Men!" his daughter shouts. "A lot of them! Foreign-looking white men! They're talking in Arabic! Or German!"

Mills mmmhmmms into the phone even though he doubts she can hear his acknowledgement. "That is good, my hummingbird. Keep going."

"One of them is wearing a...red shirt! Pleated pants!"

Mmmmhmmm... Mills pulls his sweatpants down over his milky white thighs and begins masturbating himself.

this is better than taken 3

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Tekken 3 was a good game. Probably one of the best fighters.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Hobohemian posted:

Tekken 3 was a good game. Probably one of the best fighters.

yeah i remember playing this back in the barracks. i liked the white haired dude in the snakeskin pants with the spinning backhand

i don't remember his name

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
it was an incredibly loving boring movie, yep

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Hampered by toothless PG-13 action sequences, incoherent direction, and a hackneyed plot, Taken 3 serves as a clear signal that it's well past time to retire this franchise.

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

Otisburg posted:

yeah i remember playing this back in the barracks. i liked the white haired dude in the snakeskin pants with the spinning backhand

i don't remember his name

Brian Mills i think

az
Dec 2, 2005

If you think Taken 3 was bad wait for the next Bourne movie with that guy that's not Matt Damon. I was surveyed on both of these movies last year and the surveyer got upset when I said I have no interest in either and that Bourne without Damon is a poo poo idea. "But would you buy it on dvd?"

just burn it all down already

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the most unrealistic part of this movie is that the LA police never fires theirs guns, lol those bloodthirsty fuckers would have shot liam neesons a millions times after he didnt immediately put his hands up when they told him to

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
first taken was good, then i watched taken 2 hung over and it wasn't even entertaining. def not gonna watch 3

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

az posted:

If you think Taken 3 was bad wait for the next Bourne movie with that guy that's not Matt Damon. I was surveyed on both of these movies last year and the surveyer got upset when I said I have no interest in either and that Bourne without Damon is a poo poo idea. "But would you buy it on dvd?"

Funny story, but I was actually supposed to play Jason Bourne before Matt Damon got the part. This was back when Oliver Stone was originally going to be the director. He showed up at my door one day, pouring rain, and pitched the idea of the movie to me (he's a family friend and I'm an ex-Delta Green Beret SF, so he knew I'd be a shoo-in for the role).

I was like, "I'm kinda busy with poo poo right now but why don't you check out my boy for the role?"
"Which one is that?"
"The one from that movie about the retarded janitor. You know the one--he turns out to be wicked smart, but in a Rainman kind of way?"
"Half-Baked?"
"No, no he's not ethnic, this guy. He was also in that cartoon, TITAN AE."
"Oh Jim Breuer."
"Yeah that dude. gently caress that guy."

And the rest was history.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
casting films like this must be a nightmare when you tell the middle eastern actor you want him to play a racist caricature of a swathy lusty slave owning mohammedan, and all those slavic actors need to play inhuman slavic scumbag stereotypes. talk about awkward auditions.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
why do people keep taking this guy's people? he clearly goes and get them back after killing you and all your dudes. he has a proven track record.

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.

az posted:

I saw a Bourne movie that didn't have Matt Damon. I think it was Bourne Legacy or something.

I only saw the first and second Bourne Movies before it but it was no worse than the first Bourne movie and much better than the second one, which had the worst shaky action cam I've ever seen.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Taken 3 wasnt that bad, I mean it sucked and John Wick is a thousand times better, but at least it had cool Russian dudes doing cool Russian things like being scum and getting shot in the face.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
As a white male with no history of seizures, that final showdown where he's driving to catch that bad dude before he gets on the plane on the runway was some next level poo poo. I thought my head and heart were going to explode from the half second cut aways between about 4 different characters. Then I came. And I shat myself.

8/10

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

babypolis posted:

we wanted to see a movie and it was either taken 3 or fifty shades of grey, because we went in with no idea of what was showing or at what time soooo

Why didn't you just drown yourself in one of the fake butter dispensers? Lol good one moron.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
*goes to movies*

*watches taken 3*

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
More action film directors need to watch Children of Men. That's handheld camera work done really well, just the right amount of shakyness but also giving a wide angle to the action rather than trying to fake intensity with quick camera cuts.

PG-13 is really to blame, gently caress that rating. My dad happily took me to Starship Troopers and Gladiator when I was a kid, he didn't give a drat as long as a film wasn't full of nudity or horror. Seriously who are these sissy rear end parents that won't take their kids to R-rated films these days?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

psyman posted:

More action film directors need to watch Children of Men. That's handheld camera work done really well, just the right amount of shakyness but also giving a wide angle to the action rather than trying to fake intensity with quick camera cuts.

PG-13 is really to blame, gently caress that rating. My dad happily took me to Starship Troopers and Gladiator when I was a kid, he didn't give a drat as long as a film wasn't full of nudity or horror. Seriously who are these sissy rear end parents that won't take their kids to R-rated films these days?

I saw RoboCop when I was like eight and I turned out... uh... I turned out.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
taken 3 was bad? who would have thought

you loving idiot

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

az posted:

Jeremy Renner is a pretty good actor but yeah that movie sucked. The whole thing about him taking super spy pills to keep him from reverting back into a retard was so stupid. The first Taken was a way better continuation of the Bourne series and I would :lol: whenever someone called it The Bourne Retirement.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 24, 2015

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I only saw the last 5 minutes of Taken 2 where the climactic showdown was a kung-fu fight against a fat dude in a track suit so I decided the taken movies aren't really worth watching.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Oberleutnant posted:

casting films like this must be a nightmare when you tell the middle eastern actor you want him to play a racist caricature of a swathy lusty slave owning mohammedan, and all those slavic actors need to play inhuman slavic scumbag stereotypes. talk about awkward auditions.

Everyone wants to be in movies so bad they don't care, they'd sign up for the gig even if they had to work with a hairbrush shoved up their asses

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Taken 2 was amusing because of Kim running around throwing explosives wherever the gently caress. Taken 3 had no such amusement.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

psyman posted:

ah yes gladiator well known for its nudity and horror

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The first taken was racist because it had a wealthy brown person who was into sex slavery, which is not something that exists or has ever existed in the "real" world

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The best part of any Taken movie is when someone walks in to their house only to find crazy rear end Liam Neesons waiting for them.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In Taken 13, Liam Neeson is cloned and has to rescue his clone who has been TAKEN by evil clones of Liam Neeson

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Otisburg posted:

it taught a valuable moral lesson to young women to stay virgins so they'll be kept in reserve inventory by human traffikers to be sold on to swarthy arabs, giving their dads time to rescue them

Lol like they're pretty enough to be kidnapped in the first place

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

I only saw the last 5 minutes of Taken 2 where the climactic showdown was a kung-fu fight against a fat dude in a track suit so I decided the taken movies aren't really worth watching.

lol really cuz this just sold me on watching these movies

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Liam Neeson's daughter is a basic bitch in Taken 1. I wanted her to get murdered by the serbs? arabs? so he could be like 'I told you so' to his dumb ex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Lamebot posted:

why do people keep taking this guy's people? he clearly goes and get them back after killing you and all your dudes. he has a proven track record.

I wonder this myself.

:jihad: "Um, boss? This guy has personally killed, like, ninety men and wreaked havoc with multiple organizations linked to kidnappings of his people. Everybody who fucks with this guy dies."

• Locked thread