Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Crono > Ron

Lucca > April

Marle > Leslie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

sudonim posted:

Why is it whenever there's name voting in an LP at least one person has to suggest names that boring people would give their pets?

Leavemywife posted:

I think it's a reference to Parks and Recreation (according to my Google-fu), which I've never watched.

You are both missing out on excellent television. Parks & Rec just finished its run and it was a brilliant show. :colbert: Just start at season 3 and you won't be disappointed.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Leavemywife posted:

I didn't transcribe this line because those of you who haven't played before may not have believed me. And yes, Lucca is doubting Chrono's game.

Stay jelly, Lucca. :quagmire:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Frog because he's so awesome he doesn't need a different name (and I don't want to make Leave replay this part)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Explosionface posted:

On that note:

:allears:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

The screenshots look a lot better now!

Yeah they look great!

One small thing though, Yakra does give 5 TP, you've just learned all the techs you can at this point.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Leavemywife posted:

In case you hadn't seen it, Explosionface made another great thing, and AndwhatIseeisme did a great thing about it.

Welcome :frogleave: to the annals of SA smiley history.

Awesome! :frogleave:

Also that stained glass is indeed the hotness. One of the lasting images I have from the game when I played it as a teenager.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I loved the prison break sequence. The Middle Ages is pretty standard RPG stuff, but getting thrown in prison and finding all the hosed-up poo poo going on like torture devices and skeletons and dudes just left chilling in guillotines was pretty intense for a 14-year-old kid.

EggsAisle posted:

OK! Based on my non-knowledge of this game*, I'm going to make a few predictions:

Won't say anything other than I love people's reactions when reading an LP blind. I hope you enjoy it (and play the game after it's done)!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

'Dat Dragon Tank finish :allears:

This is how you do a silent protagonist. Actions speak louder than words :black101:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

The greatest indication of tech in 1000 A.D. aside from that and the ferry is impossible to see until way late into the game. Guardia definitely has everything it needs to make a Dragon Tank. But it is fairly easy to gloss over the background details since there are no recognizable T.V.'s anywhere and that's usually what people associate with 'electricity is commonplace.'

At least I did when first playing this game.

Maybe some guys in the Middle Ages saw Lucca kicking rear end with a gun and reverse engineered some new stuff in order to make the Dragon Tank a possibility. :shrug:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Based on another excellenet SNES-era Square game I'm gonna suggest Kilroy

Also leave Marle behind, Lucca might need to science up some more MacGuffins or something.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Crono Lucca and Robo is my favorite party. You've got everything you need right there, except for one element (which is only handy in two areas anyways, so it's not too noticeable).

And honestly, not that this game is difficult anyways even if you decide to use her, but Marle is hands down the worst character. There is nothing she brings that other characters can't do just as well or even better. Well, maybe one thing (that she can't even do yet). And she is involved in some killer combos (again, not yet). Leaving her behind is probably the best thing for her. Yes, she's technically better than an empty slot, but only in the sense that sleeping in a tool shed is better than sleeping on the street. Still sucks, but it's technically a step up. Plus she comes off as one of those nonstop perky people and the type who uses "lol" or "lmao" after every sentence and science has proven that those are the worst humanity has to offer.

So yes, she is indeed qualified to prop a door open. And then she will sit by the wayside and never contribute anything of value to anyone ever again.

That's... uh... certainly an opinion.

I like Marle. As EponymousMrYar said she can be quite serious when the situation calls for it, and I agree some of her early perkiness is due to finally being out of the castle for good. She strikes me more of the type of person who would rather give you a pat on the back than a kick in the rear end, but is perfectly capable of doing both. Also she has awesome sprites.

I mean come on

Bregor
May 31, 2013

dude789 posted:

Really I think the biggest issue is that the game gives a piece of equipment that mimics the effect of her support spell. It really destroys the strongest niche she had at the end of the game.

She still has a pretty important endgame niche in a normal or low level playthrough if you ask me.

Although if you're overleveled or playing a New Game+ and you can just steamroll everything, you'd roll with the biggest hitters, which is definitely not Marle.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

All my tabs go to Chrono and Frog because :black101:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The fade to black while Lucca is fixing Robo always got me right in the feels. :3:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

M-M-M-M-M-M-MAGIC?

I like the End of Time. I feel like the original SNES translation made the old guy seem like a normal, helpful, friendly dude. This version makes him a bit more mysterious. Plus, when you had to talk to him, he'd just say "Hey." with no exclamation mark. Much more chill.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

sudonim posted:

My name is Gato
I land shadow hits
train me up
so that all of them are crits

n'thing this!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Anoia posted:

One time I clicked on the wrong LP and the shock of seeing it was in a format I don't like killed me.

Ghost postin' here.:ghost:

Stay safe LP ghost

Also why are people still replying to that duder? Just let him go away and read his text-only LPs.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

WitherSnow posted:

hahahahahahahahahaha. Sorry for loving up your thread. Who would've thought saying Screenshot LPs should be labled as such.

Also I love the entitlement in someone (Not you but someone else.) telling someone not to post.

:frogleave:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Keep Lucca and Marle.

No I'm not tryin' to be rude,
But hey pretty girls I'm feelin' you
The way you drop the Antipode
Kills mobs just like that friendly toad
I want you all up in my party
Just tryin' not to be naughty
You must be a runaway royal
And my friend is such a smarty

So baby gimme that nuke nuke
Blondie gimme that heal heal
Shortie come take a chance
Come to the Fair and let's dance
Bitch I look like I got Goku pants

It's the remix to the Trigger
Girl I ain't no gold digger
We rollin' to that Fiendlord
Attackin' monsters with vigor
Sippin' on ether and tonic
Don't want no one robotic
I ain't no zero, lookin' for a Hero
Now shortie pass me that chronic

Bregor
May 31, 2013

This is an outrage. All my future hip hop creations will be pro-Marle. :colbert:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Explosionface posted:

:ducksiren: CONTEST TIME :ducksiren:

"Good morning, mistress.
What is your command?"

Drop the funk.

"Understood."

Bregor
May 31, 2013

ShallowKnave posted:

I love this point in the game because it's where things start weaving together as time travel becomes a valuable, motivated tool, not just a series of accidents.

:agreed:

This might turn out to be a simple fetch quest, but the fact that Chrono and team are deliberately jumping through time to solve a mystery makes it a lot more fun.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Here's something else subjective for you:

Chrono Trigger is the best RPG hands down.

It's certainly up there.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I said all my future hip-hop creations would be pro-Marle. And I'm a man of my word. But a) I didn't post my vote in time and b) I would have voted for Robo for this part anyway.

But Lucca wins in the upset of the century. Glad Robo didn't lose by one vote.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Chrono Trigger is an easy game and you should always bring whoever you like most for whatever part of the game you want.

So, mandatory Frog at all times :black101:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

What I'm saying is... Magma can't melt Robo beams.

:thurman:

Team Girl Power

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Leavemywife posted:

Quick poll for everyone; would anyone be upset if I showcased two endings per update? They're not very long and I think I could squeeze two in without making the updates much longer than usual.

Makes sense to me. A Dual Tech of endings, if you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Just wanted to say bravo, Leave. I had to play catch-up with the thread a bunch of times when I moved / went on vacation / did FJF for days on end, but it's an excellent LP of a game I know and love. Your commentary was always great.

Also Team Marle forever :colbert:

• Locked thread