Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
That poo poo about a lawsuit from the Cowboys makes absolutely no sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If they really told a news outlet that they're blackmailing Dez Bryant then they are dumber criminals than Aaron Hernandez.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
$10 says the video is of a completely different guy wearing a Bryant jersey, and these guys are real dumb.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Great White Hope posted:

If they really told a news outlet that they're blackmailing Dez Bryant then they are dumber criminals than Aaron Hernandez.

It's not blackmail it's an open auction :eng101:

Sure what they are auctioning would probably ruin one of the auction participants careers. But hey, they own a valuable video tape, and they are seeking to make money. Is that not the pure essence of capitalism.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Butthead posted:

If it were bullshit, then why double down and say it 'might' be released tomorrow?

The key word here is "might." The video "might" be leaked.

Florio has used less to generate clicks. He probably doesn't know jack poo poo and is just reporting on a lovely rumor like he always does, because he is a huge hack.

This story is bullshit supreme

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
"Dez used to roll with some dark people" is about the most racist thing I've read all day.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Chilichimp posted:

"Dez used to roll with some dark people" is about the most racist thing I've read all day.

Eh, Like sure it's a bad turn of phrase. but nah, not really racist. Unless you literally think he meant dark as in skin color, and not dark as in doing bad poo poo.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

All wandering around Stonyhill Mall with their pants too low, terrorizing the good folks manning the Orange Julius.

Old times, old crimes man.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

Eh, Like sure it's a bad turn of phrase. but nah, not really racist. Unless you literally think he meant dark as in skin color, and not dark as in doing bad poo poo.

it's a bad joke, hth

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

wandler20 posted:

Dez beating the poo poo out of Florio would be ok in my book.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

it's a bad joke, hth

Isn't Hth bannable at this point?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Hey twitter, i've seen screenshots of the video but if i were to share or describe them i would definitely get sued, on account of the law where if you see something you can't describe it without paying the blackmail fee first. little known law

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Chilichimp posted:

it's a bad joke, hth

Not one single reasonable person misinterpreted it as a racist comment.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
well to recap last night's NHL action, the new york rangers played...well a certain team from up north, if you catch my drift. the score was...not very high, i can say that for sure. boy folks in a city rhyming with malgary sure won't be happy i can say that. legal says that's a wrap for our hockey coverage, now over to jason with a detailed sketch of the wild finish in the league we are legally obligated to call "professional dribbleball"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SA2K posted:

I hope that Dez did not beat the poo poo out of anyone in a parking lot

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

football fuckerman posted:

well to recap last night's NHL action, the new york rangers played...well a certain team from up north, if you catch my drift. the score was...not very high, i can say that for sure. boy folks in a city rhyming with malgary sure won't be happy i can say that. legal says that's a wrap for our hockey coverage, now over to jason with a detailed sketch of the wild finish in the league we are legally obligated to call "professional dribbleball"

The guy can't flat out say what he saw because more than likely they aren't clear, they are out of context, and very likely showing Bryant performing an illegal activity that'll have serious repercussions on his upcoming contract. He absolutely should keep his mouth shut if he doesn't see dez Bryant holding a loving license with giant arrows pointing things out like "gun" and "woman" or something like that.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I hope this turns out to be bullshit and also drives Dez's asking price down a bit.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Isn't Hth bannable at this point?

Not iirc. PM Intruder for more info, ymmv.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

The guy can't flat out say what he saw because more than likely they aren't clear, they are out of context, and very likely showing Bryant performing an illegal activity that'll have serious repercussions on his upcoming contract. He absolutely should keep his mouth shut if he doesn't see dez Bryant holding a loving license with giant arrows pointing things out like "gun" and "woman" or something like that.

That still doesn't explain why legal counsel would tell him not to describe it. There's nothing libelous about saying "the screenshots I saw show Bryant raising his fist at a woman on the ground" or whatever

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

football fuckerman posted:

That still doesn't explain why legal counsel would tell him not to describe it. There's nothing libelous about saying "the screenshots I saw show Bryant raising his fist at a woman on the ground" or whatever

"I was clearly high-fiving her face. I'm suing for this grave misunderstanding."

canti32
Apr 27, 2008

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming,
WREXHAM IS THE NAME
My only hope is that this causes Dez to hold the cowboys responsible somehow, and he gets pissed and leaves. Preferably to the Raiders or Browns

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Getcha popcorn ready

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I really thought a Browns heel turn would be more exciting than boasting the league's best list of suspended players and alienating half the coaches in the league by firing them or their friends after one season

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Guy can't flat out say what he saw because this poo poo is bogus and it's just some assholes stringing people along

how is anyone buying this, seriously

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Guy can't flat out say what he saw because this poo poo is bogus and it's just some assholes stringing people along

Because lately in the NFL when it comes to a player mollywhopping a woman you can safely assume the worst.

It's a sad situation and I really hope it's not true but no one in this forum would be surprised if it was.

Edit: Not even because it's Bryant being accused. At this point if Flacco was found running sex trafficking ring I would be only mildly surprised.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Febreeze posted:

Im explaining why his attorneys might say as such. There's common sense truth then there is burden of proof proof

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 25, 2015

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Well the only thing I can conclude is the Patriots are behind this and will soon sign Bryant and Harvin to one year sweetheart deals.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BigBoss posted:

Not one single reasonable person misinterpreted it as a racist comment.

I don't disagree, I only pointed it out as I thought it would be funny for this forum of people who like to joke about football and football related news.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Adam Schefter just confirmed existance of the tape sooooooo

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=12370012

Around 46 minutes in.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 25, 2015

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Elephanthead posted:

Well the only thing I can conclude is the Patriots are behind this and will soon sign Bryant and Harvin to one year sweetheart deals.

I expect Elway's foul hand, personally. He's the type of person to lie about poo poo like this.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It sounds like he can't say poo poo about it other than it exists for some reason.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dexo posted:

Around 46 minutes in.

Jeff Ireland was right all along.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Dexo posted:

Around 46 minutes in.

Transcript:

quote:

Carmen and Jurko: What’s going on with Dez Bryant?

Adam Schefter: That’s a very interesting question. I’ll just say this – check back with me on that one.

Carmen and Jurko: Have you heard about this video? Do you know what’s on it?

Schefter: Yeah.

Carmen and Jurko: Have you seen it?

Schefter: I have not seen it.

Carmen and Jurko: Is he doing something criminal? Can you talk about it?

Schefter: I’ll say this: I’ve been working on this since September.

Carmen and Jurko: Is it criminal?

Schefter: Like I said I’ve been working on it since September. There’s a lot involved.

Carmen and Jurko: Is this going to come out?

Schefter: Don’t know. Don’t know yet.

Carmen and Jurko: Okay. Wow. I have never heard about this until the weekend and now it’s all over the internet

Schefter: It’s taken up a lot of my time this season I’ll say that.

Carmen and Jurko: And you did it in a very clandestine way it sounds like. Did you feel like you had to?

Schefter: Well listen, whatever we’ve been working on is not ready and maybe it never will be. Who knows? You’ve got to be very careful on these things. People can talk about videos, they can talk about this they can talk about that. The fact of the matter is, it doesn’t mean anything and it’s really not fair to him right now until you have all your facts in line. Which we spent a long time trying to do.

Makes me wonder what else Schefter knows about and has tucked away, heh.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Critical posted:

At this point if Flacco was found running sex trafficking ring I would be only mildly surprised.

The Haribo Harem?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

Jeff Ireland was right all along.

Hey guys I got here as fast as I could.

gently caress Jeff Ireland :colbert:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Burger Trench posted:

Transcript:

Makes me wonder what else Schefter knows about and has tucked away, heh.

This makes no sense at all. What is the hold here? We can't even get a straight answer about anything.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Rasczak posted:

Hahahahaha.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

This story is weird. I don't like this.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Parmesan Basil posted:

This makes no sense at all. What is the hold here? We can't even get a straight answer about anything.

If the "former friends" thing is true, then the person with the video might be unsure about publishing it, trying to get money from Dez or maybe feeling bad about it. They might have gotten the video illegally and if Schefter knows that, he wouldn't be able to publish it without risking a lawsuit from the legal owners, Walmart or whoever. The holdup might be the legal wrangling to get permission from Walmart

Then again how did the former friends get a hold of the tape, are they Walmart security employees. That all doesn't make sense but hey i'm just tossin poo poo out there like anyone else atm

Febreeze posted:

indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rasczak posted:

• Locked thread