Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/24/chicago-police-detain-americans-black-site

:lol: Chicago seems like a really great city to get arrested in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
GOod, something has to be done about the Liberals' offspring. They sit with gang leaders and make deals, they ban guns for law abiding citizens and the criminals numbers swell. They punish the good working men and pat the bad guys on the back. This reckoning is long in coming. Bury the crooks in mass graves for all I care.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Maybe now they can finally get even with that "Chicago Woman" for being such a welfare queen.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
as much as i want this to be true, i have a feeling its highly exaggerated

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

1gnoirents posted:

imagine that

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Im sure this is totally and completely true, just like WMDs in Iraq and Guantanamo Bay.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Kinetica posted:

imagine that

but i want it to be true so dont rain on my parade

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hear that?? We Americans are already living in Deus Ex whereas you smelly europeans are still living in the stone age.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Could be a real thing :shrug: Only one paper in Chicago is reporting on this, but it seems to be a fairly known thing amongst people who live in that area.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

InterFaced posted:

Maybe now they can finally get even with that "Chicago Woman" for being such a welfare queen.

I understand and enjoy this obscure political reference.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
keep your head down and power through citizens! hail Satan! :cop:

ma i married a tuna
Apr 24, 2005

Numbers add up to nothing
Pillbug
it's run by the Cubans. They get everything America has, first Netflix and now their very own extralegal offshore torture colony.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

this place has been open for decades, if anything black sites are just exports of homan square

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

1gnoirents posted:

The Guardian is a pretty reputable paper, it's not a cheap tabloid looking for sensational stories.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Miltank posted:

I understand and enjoy this obscure political reference.

I didn't think it was that obscure, but I'm weird and my hatred of Ronald Reagan consumes every waking thought.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
civil rights violated? in america?!

idk seems pretty farfetched

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Hell Gem
worry not friends if we all write to our local representatives this issue will be addressed

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

if this is the level of care you can muster about something this egregious, then maybe you don't deserve rights

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Hell Gem

Kumo posted:

if this is the level of care you can muster about something this egregious, then maybe you don't deserve rights
wow...blaming the victim much?!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
on one hand, I guess I don't like the concept of a cop-run torture house. but on the other, they have the only Taco Johns in the entire city in their food court, so... uhhhhhhhhh, hm.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

rezatahs posted:

civil rights violated? in america?!

idk seems pretty farfetched

while a funny post, i wouldnt go to

1) virtually every other country in the history of humankind

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Hell Gem

mysterious frankie posted:

on one hand, I guess I don't like the concept of a cop-run torture house. but on the other, i'm completely powerless and can't do anything about it

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Don't worry guys, only the really bad people go there. :shrug:

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
if only obama had been elected, he would have put a stop to this, and to the wars...

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
probably never say anything negative about the us or cops and you won't go there

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Just don't be black or white with dreads I guess?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

don't put words in my mouth right now, jabroski. there is a god named potato rounds w/cheese and a devil named unlawful torture & detention enacted by the state upon its citizens raging inside me at the mo, and I might just snap and hit you with a trash can lid

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Hell Gem

mysterious frankie posted:

don't put words in my mouth right now, jabroski. there is a god named potato rounds w/cheese and a devil named unlawful torture & detention enacted by the state upon its citizens raging inside me at the mo, and I might just snap and hit you with a trash can lid
shut the gently caress up prole and know your role

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

The_Cack posted:

shut the gently caress up prole and know your role

your posting makes me reconsider the morality of removing someone from society against their will and leaving them in a secret place where wifi isn't.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

:911:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Maneki Neko posted:

Just don't be black or white with dreads I guess?

Well if you actually click the link they have an interview with some zuckerberg lookin ginger who was held there on terrorism charges for attending a protest

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013
A blacksite sounds like a great place to have kinky sex with detainees.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

well if they didnt do this, think how much more crime there would be

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
lol your country is broken

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

America would be a lot better if FDR was immortal.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
do you think FDR ever said "new deal? more like new wheel, for my wheelchair to which I am confined as a result of the ravages of the polio virus"

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

in the future when the majority of us are poor and they're using these tactics on more than just brown people, maybe someone will care.

probably not tho because it's still the poor

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

1gnoirents posted:

Cant trust the guardian so let's trust the police:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news-chicago/7/71/393084/homan-square-site-chicago-police-deny-report-secret-interrogation-compound

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
lol everyone real surprised that some occupy idiot was lying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
If i was there, talking to the shrimpy occupy guy, I'd be like "nice clown hair, clown"

• Locked thread