Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

i guess NUT NEUTRALITY DOES have poo poo on Verizion/ATT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Not clear if this ruling disallows private companies from sticking a CDN directly on an ISP's network and pay for it.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

I guess it's how the FCC places regulations on broadband service

something tells me this will change since the FCC can just set rules and regulations at will becuase of title II

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

loving shagmech dunking all over this thread like mj dunking over 3 yo/s

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

the ownage is so hard i can't even make a 360 noscope because it would be too tame in comparison to the wisdom being spread

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

here is a video with confusing graphics and bad compression trying to explain the history of the law which should leave you just as confused when you watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZyUlIhUMyM

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

triple sulk posted:

actually ff14 owns and has triple triad and chocokart

trap sprung

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

nut neutrality (lol!!!!)

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

cant wait for "journalists" to go through this and say "omg this is the end becaauuseee"

*really just c/p from AP*

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

I would be more worried if it's somehow not legal for netflix to pay comcast to put a server on their network becuase that would be "a fast lane"

Seems silly to me that ISP's can pay to put servers around on other networks but private companies cant???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Usually the FCC is very competent when it comes to writing rules for telecom stuff. However It seems like less and less technical people are on the FCC board every few years, so who knows.

• Locked thread