Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

a pipe smoking dog posted:

can we insult mustafa kemal ataturk op?

NEVER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Most thai people have pictures of them in every room of the home. Including the bedroom

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I want drunken noodles.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
I wish them happiness

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
According to Wikipedia the Queen looked fine before she melted.

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013
The king's outfit looks boss.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

They look like they should be the villains in the next Far Cry game.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

there is a ghost posting in this thread. or a hidden post... richard?!!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Ratjaculation posted:

there is a ghost posting in this thread. or a hidden post... richard?!!

Glad it isn't just me. Ghosts are spooky.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

lowtax is trapped in a ghost realm where his posts dont show up but the reply count increments, spooky lowtax

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

i get the same feeling looking at the thai first lady as i do looking at james carville

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

One of the many things that irk me about royalty is their stupid metals, and ribbons for doing jack poo poo. Seriously how the gently caress did that slow looking child earn those medals? At least the British princes flew some helicopters or something.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

DEFINITELY!

You first.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

but he was actually pretty cool. for a Turk I mean

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
also royals should really stick to paintings holy poo poo

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

steinrokkan posted:

According to Wikipedia the Queen looked fine before she melted.

yeah

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

why would you want to insult this man?

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

sorry op, the drunken turcoman is untouchable.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013

Smiling Mandrill posted:

One of the many things that irk me about royalty is their stupid metals, and ribbons for doing jack poo poo. Seriously how the gently caress did that slow looking child earn those medals? At least the British princes flew some helicopters or something.

They are boyscout medals for cooking and fishing.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

sorry op, the drunken turcoman is untouchable.

You can get banned from Facebook for posting that. Or saying the Kurds should have their own land. Because Facebook is in bed with Ataturk's rotten corpse.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BigBoss posted:

make me wanna get my PASSS-a-porrrrrr

no inbreeding there

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Whorelord posted:

why would you want to insult this man?

He was pretty awesome but talking about him riles up turks more than anything else which is pretty funny.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

He was pretty awesome but talking about him riles up turks more than anything else which is pretty funny.

They literally think that if they insult his honor, Turkey will fall apart. They treat him like a god.

Which is funny since they are Muslim and idol worship is much stricter in the Koran than the Bible.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
holy poo poo the queen is horrifying

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Slugnoid posted:

Please don't photoshop the them into any pictures or make fun of the queens beautiful smile. You'll go to jail for like 10 years and get something awful banned from a country.

its krankor from prince of space

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Smiling Mandrill posted:

1 was awarded for being born without a cleft palate, another for making it to the age of 4 without requiring an organ transplant, the others commemorate the times he fell and scraped himself and didn't bleed out because of his hemophilia.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

They literally think that if they insult his honor, Turkey will fall apart. They treat him like a god.

Which is funny since they are Muslim and idol worship is much stricter in the Koran than the Bible.

Yeah but most Turks are Muslims in the same way that the French are Catholics.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
gently caress Ataturk.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

You can get banned from Facebook for posting that. Or saying the Kurds should have their own land. Because Facebook is in bed with Ataturk's rotten corpse.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The lady on the far right is the cool one that people like, after the king of course, who is also actually a pretty cool guy that people like, and who has shown actual care, concern and intervention for his nation among an intelligently crafted and almost flawlessly executed program of monarchical reempowerment from the brink of almost total irrelevancy in the 1930s.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

yeah, thai royal worship really didnt kick off until vietnam.

also that one time some students staged a play about the monarchy and got massacred

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
all the women have bad hair cuts

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
why are there two threads about thailand right now?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Oh Hell No posted:

the First Lunch Lady

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

boom boom boom posted:

why are there two threads about thailand right now?

Three http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700437

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Did the Thai royal family try extra hard at inbreeding or did they just start with inferior breeding stock?

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

well that tears it, I'm never going to this nation sized kid-loving slum ever again

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the thai people are smart enough to realize that they collectively are too dumb to run a country and so relinquish their control voluntarily to these, uh, enlightened overlords

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

NihilismNow posted:

Did the Thai royal family try extra hard at inbreeding or did they just start with inferior breeding stock?

The king was actually criticized a fair amount for choosing a half Chinese lady from a family of fairly minor political influence as the person he was going to marry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Kua gai is the best thai dish.

• Locked thread