Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ahem

*Taps thread title *

Problematic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i got banned
Sep 24, 2010

lol abbottwon
I'm kinda looking forward to sharia law tbh

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Gough Suppressant posted:

hahahaha the idea of women being beheaded is really funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

You humourless gently caress.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Frogmanv2 posted:

Ahem

*Taps thread title *

Problematic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLtB7e_hrS4

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Threats of violence are never okay.

But that in no way means I have to believe for a loving second this one is anything other than bullshit sent by some massive loving bigot "for the cause".

P much, except comedy threats of violence on forums and facebook are fine and admirable imo.

This is inevitably gendered, because patriarchy hates women and fascists are flamboyantly patriarchal. I don't doubt that Lambie has received more death threats and more expressions of support from 'Islamic' fascists and white supremacists recently than her compatriots like Bernardi in parliament who are crusading against Muslim Australians. Except.... I follow Australian politics and I can't name a single member of parliament more vocally Islamophobic than Lambie than the Prime Minister and his deranged backbench pal in the senate. and Bernardi doesn't hold the balance of power. The one difference is that she will have received a fuckload of rape threats and probably threats against her children. THAT is the unequivocally gendered aspect, but it's not the one she publicised. She publicised a beheading threat, because that fits the narrative.

That means the release is not as gendered as MUYB is implying. Nothing Jackie Lambie says would seem less mad if she were a guy. I would expect anyone to receive death threats in the current climate if they were an independent and said the poo poo she says. She p much definitely gets a lot more hatemail than she would if she were a dude, but this idea from MUYB that it's suddenly unfunny for a toxic political figure to be a figure of ridicule when they foolishly publicise a death threat before it's investigated because of their gender is just rank paternalism masquerading as allied feminism. Women can be absolutely contemptible fuckwits worthy of scathing ridicule too, and pretending that that's not a thing that's allowed is supremely anti-feminist.

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 1, 2015

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Fruity, you're over thinking it. Muyb just hates comedy.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
COMEDY IS INHERENTLY POLITICAL WOULD YOU LIKE TO FIGHT ME ABOUT IT

TUESDAY AFTERNOON BEHIND THE SHEDS

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Don't hit me hard tho bc I'm a girl

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Uhlman just said Four Corners may have documents that proves there is a deal with the japanese to buy their submarines. Episode will be on the 23rd, the monday before the election :getin:

Wouldn't that mean he mislead Parliament? If the documents exist, he's a dead mean walking. And if they get rid of him before they get released, Turnball will be stuck with it.

Do German's make the submarine's still the best at defeating the Royal Navy/US/China? They did pretty well for the first 1/2 of the last big war (though I wouldn't use them post 1943).

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Fruity Gordo posted:

Don't hit me hard tho bc I'm a girl

Just a little pushing contest.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Yeah, why would anyone take issue with claims of a death threat being greeted with the immediate assumption that it was the person themselves creating a false threat lighten up geeze :rolleyes:

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Comstar posted:

Wouldn't that mean he mislead Parliament? If the documents exist, he's a dead mean walking. And if they get rid of him before they get released, Turnball will be stuck with it.
It's going to be huge.

The cross promotion on Insiders this morning did Nine News proud.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

you'll have to do better than sarcasm if you want me to think you like comedy

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Yeah, why would anyone take issue with claims of a death threat being greeted with the immediate assumption that it was the person themselves creating a false threat lighten up geeze :rolleyes:

Because they're a paranoid opportunist who Tasmania faceplanted into parliament?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Oh, take your hand off it.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fruity Gordo posted:

what's the DEAL with auspol? - one of the goofiest posters in existence

i was just pointing out that you exaggerate to the point that you sound like a puerile idiot

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
And because she's a darling of far right white supremacists?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
this thread sucks thanks for reading my post

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
And far right white supremacists love doing actual false flags and are continually trying to incite race riots?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
And if you are a parliamentarian you usually don't fart out a press release because you got a scary email, you give it to the AFP and don't publicise it, bc that is really really stupid?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Orkin Mang posted:

i was just pointing out that you exaggerate to the point that you sound like a puerile idiot

dont sign your posts

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I missed you fruity

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

And if you are a parliamentarian you usually don't fart out a press release because you got a scary email, you give it to the AFP and don't publicise it, bc that is really really stupid?

So in your view Jacqui Lambie is both stupid enough to falsify her own death threat and yet too smart to have released information on a legitimate death threat rather than following proper procedure

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Fruity Gordo posted:

This basically.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Stupid Smarch weather.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Quantum Mechanic posted:

NSW has 6 State MPs, and up until 2014 consistently had the largest number of State MPs of any of the state parties. If all goes well, this election will take us to 8.

Actually, from 1982 to 2011 Tasmania had either equal or greater number of Greens MPs so I'm not sure you can really say "consistently" when it's only been for one term. (yes yes obviously hare-clark but if we're going to be pedantic about numbers, well)

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I think we all agree that Jackie Lambie is stupid and a woman, but not both

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Splode posted:

I missed you fruity

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Splode posted:

I missed you fruity
Fruity had a long holiday.

Must have been a good reason.

Just putting it out there, I'm drunk and dangerously overtired.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Graic Gabtar posted:

Fruity had a long holiday.

Must have been a good reason.

Just putting it out there, I'm drunk and dangerously overtired.

hope you don't say something you might regret later

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

So in your view Jacqui Lambie is both stupid enough to falsify her own death threat and yet too smart to have released information on a legitimate death threat rather than following proper procedure
Never said she falsified it, champ. The empty quotes I did upthread on yesterpage were purely for punning purposes. There's no doubt in my mind that she's quoting emails she received from randoms she doesn't know.

She chose to publicise the most convenient death threat. Beheading, ISIS, all that good poo poo, all in one email. Her fixation is veterans affairs and she is stuck in the ideology of the system she wants to reform. She honestly believes in the clash of civilisations. And she's been disenfranchised long enough to be radicalised against the system but still in support of it if it can finally be made to work for her.

She's not smart and she doesn't think critically. I doubt her staff are much cleverer. My bet is that they received the email in question, sent it to the AFP, the AFP said 'ok we will investigate this' and they went gently caress YOU and released it themselves for publicity and idiot reasons

It would not surprise me at all if this email was sent by white supremacists, because they send this poo poo out constantly trying to incite exactly this.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

cpaf posted:

hope you don't say something you might regret later

I'll try not to.

I hit my 40 hour week Wednesday arvo and got home last night.

I've been drinking heavily since I woke up at about 11 but I'm still OK.

As tired as I am I still can't believe how no-one recognizes how talented Andrew Bolt is.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

SeekOtherCandidate posted:

Actually, from 1982 to 2011 Tasmania had either equal or greater number of Greens MPs so I'm not sure you can really say "consistently" when it's only been for one term. (yes yes obviously hare-clark but if we're going to be pedantic about numbers, well)

Yeah okay I'd been thinking in terms of VIC. You're right, TAS has at points equalled or exceeded our number.

It's a bit of dick-waving, since as you said the relative electoral systems make it hard to compare (Hare-Clark vs. Upper House regions vs. pure proportional STV Upper House) but I don't hold that Victoria is an astonishing lefty wonderland while NSW sit dreaming about what could have been.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Graic Gabtar posted:

I'll try not to.

I hit my 40 hour week Wednesday arvo and got home last night.

I've been drinking heavily since I woke up at about 11 but I'm still OK.

As tired as I am I still can't believe how no-one recognizes how talented Andrew Bolt is.

At what point do you think the contempt for you will be so crait that you'll have to create a new account and have another craic?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

Never said she falsified it, champ. The empty quotes I did upthread on yesterpage were purely for punning purposes. There's no doubt in my mind that she's quoting emails she received from randoms she doesn't know.

Fruity Gordo posted:

Because they're a paranoid opportunist who Tasmania faceplanted into parliament?

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Fruity Gordo posted:

She's not smart and she doesn't think critically. I doubt her staff are much cleverer.

Rob Messenger, her chief of staff, is a former One Nation member who wrote open letters of support for Hanson and displayed them on his website. Not only are her staff not clever, they are even more likely than she is to have links to far-right white supremacist groups.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Calling her an opportunist and saying she wrote it herself don't make sense. You're bad at reading, please stop trying to have the most correct opinion.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Splode posted:

Calling her an opportunist and saying she wrote it herself don't make sense. You're bad at reading, please stop trying to have the most correct opinion.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Splode, I know you're excited because Fruity's back and she's the only poster here who can make you look intelligent by comparison, but you should probably just quit while you're only this far behind.

Fruity's post of

Fruity Gordo posted:

was in fact a response by her to this

and the reason most people can tell that's the case is because she quoted it in her post and started with the word "because"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Oh gently caress off gough.

• Locked thread