Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Zephro posted:

"Hard working families", "wealth creators" and "A Britain fair for all" are memes just like doge is. We're already living the nightmare :cthulhu:

Given a choice of Doge and "Long term economic plan", I think the choice is obvious.

the answer is to strangle anyone who uses either of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

Ruth Davidson is the only Tory I've seen who's made me want to vote for them. Listening to her on Question Time and the difference between her and a slimy git like shapps is night and day.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I can't even imagine what PMQs would be like in the unlikely event of a Con-Lab coalition. Can you imagine how on earth Miliband or Cameron would cope being unable to dismiss all criticsm by saying "But Labour/Tories"?

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

How was Tony Blair on social issues? I wasn't really politically aware during his government so the main thing I know about his administration was the Iraq War.

I ask because on the Daily politics, I saw that a Scottish Labour MP for Dundee East was offered £1000 by him and she turned it down, presumably because it was Blair's money.

When asked about this David Lammy said he stood by their record during those years IIRC, so I was curious what Blair was known for other than the Iraq invasion.

e: speeleng

PiCroft fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 10, 2015

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

If people think labour and Tory parties are going to join together, I would say I'd like whatever you are smoking but I don't think my mind would handle it.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

Maybe I haven't been keeping up but the last poll I saw suggested that if the votes play out the way polls suggest, the only configuration that could form a stable majority was SNP and Labour. Also based on what I've seen, the most likely arrangement would be a confidence and supply situation rather than a full blown coalition.

This is all up in the air obviously but the idea of Labour joining with the Conservatives is ludicrous. It would be the very definition of short-term and both parties would irrevocably fracture their credibility in the eyes of their supporters and potential supporters.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

Nothing warms the cockles of my heart than seeing the Sun panic.

^^^ holy poo poo, who made that? That is terrifying

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

Some papers are suggesting that he is hinting he may leave on his own, namely the Sun and Mirror.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

So what are the odds of a Tory minority governemnt, propped up by UKIP? My fear is that the Tories will be the largest overall party, but not large enough for a majority government. This being so, they'll have first crack at forming the next government and they may bring UKIP in.

It sbeen a while since I've seen up-to-date polls, but is the SNP and Labour still set to be the largest possible cooperating bloc, or has the Budget shifted it towards the Conservatives?

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

big scary monsters posted:

I've know someone who makes a cup of tea in a mug, hot water added to teabag, and then add the milk without first removing the teabag. I can't tell you how disturbing it is to see, I usually have to go and lie down for a while.

Stop telling everyone my habits

also its two teabags per mug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

stickyfngrdboy posted:

this is the proper way to make tea you lunatic, you add a tiny bit of milk and then squash the teabag into the side of the mug until it turns the right colour.

This one knows whats up.

• Locked thread