Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Except for the part where those few locals are doing part of the job of the strikers. That's totally not undermining the point of the strike at all.

I realise that this thread is full of liberals, who wouldn't understand political activism if it punched them in the face, but come on, doing the job of strikers is pretty much the definition of scabbing.

What about a strike called by the Ulster Workers Council?

Not all strikes are equal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Dabir posted:

Is it too late to demand Full Luddism Now?

Only if I declare my self a true leveller.

gently caress it- the diggers had the right idea.

The power of enclosing land and owning property was brought into the creation by your ancestors by the sword; which first did murder their fellow creatures, men, and after plunder or steal away their land, and left this land successively to you, their children. And therefore, though you did not kill or thieve, yet you hold that cursed thing in your hand by the power of the sword; and so you justify the wicked deeds of your fathers, and that sin of your fathers shall be visited upon the head of you and your children to the third and fourth generation, and longer too, till your bloody and thieving power be rooted out of the land

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

I'm against fox hunting with hounds- but only as a class issue. Most of the fox population has moved into towns where there is more food for them. So what we need is fox hunting to become a workingclass sport. The workingclass on bicycles with pitbull terriers chase foxes through the middleclass areas in towns. If your pitbull gets the scent you should be allowed to kick a hole in the fence to let the hunt continue. Trample over their gardens and make a lot of noise. I could see it becoming quite popular.

This post has nothing to do with the time I went hunt sabbing with the ALF when I was 17. Nothing at all. They told me to bring lunch as we would be out all day. I quite like pork pies, now and again. I had to walk 8 miles home in the rain.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
Falklands chat- apart from the fact that a few thousand americans can pretend they are british and dictate the foreign and defence policy of 70 million people- it was not a cause for celebration.

If the american falkland islanders are so concerned with their nationality why don't they move to britain, I'm sure we can find some part of the country they can move to.

The jingoistic shite I have read in this thread is shameful.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
I haven't seen this posted yet.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/mar/20/len-mccluskey-issues-warning-over-higher-threshold-on-strike-ballots

I think its great a trade union leader has the balls to call the tories out on this poo poo.

• Locked thread