Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is it too late to demand Full Luddism Now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

kingturnip posted:

I was going to ask how any legislator could think it would be a good idea, and then the word 'LOBBYING' appeared in front of my eyes in 72-point Comic Sans.

Remind me why the government haven't curbed lobbying yet?

Because they were lobbied not to.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

Please please please loving empty chair Cameron and just have an hour of "Red" Ed Miliband burbling incoherently while proposing nothing but Tory policy and winning the debate for Cameron without him even having to show up.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You all must be colour-blind, they're clearly yellow.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hate to interrupt Deathbot Killfest 9000 chat, but there's something that's been bugging me for a while. Right to Buy. The tories love it and keep saying Labour will take it away, so I know it must be some kind of horribly regressive poo poo given a palatable name like how Right to Work in the States actually means 'you can be fired for no reason at any time'. But I just can't work out how. Could someone explain it to me?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

People who agree with the things he says do.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

At least you're not still in it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

gently caress civic duty, if you don't vote then the government will take it as a free pass to do do whatever they like to you, and they'll be right. See: students.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hoops posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32037169

HSBC are moving their UK headquarters from London to Birmingham. That's good, these are the steps that need to happen for the distribution of economic power in the country to stop being anything other than lip service.

edit: okay well one of their UK headquarters, I guess they're keeping that massive one in Canary Wharf.

I walked past an HSBC office the other day, it looks poo poo.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

StoneOfShame posted:

This is all I was waiting to hear, now where was that person claiming to be a dragon.

That's all of you, you're dragon this discussion out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

James May's been saying he might quit TV and become a teacher. I can see him doing that, presumably he'd have to get a teaching degree or something and by the time he's done with that he might be teaching kids who don't know who he is. Teaching kids who do recognise him probably wouldn't be an ideal situation cause there's always troublemakers who'll try and turn every lesson into Ask James May About Top Gear For An Hour.

• Locked thread