Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Part of me wants to see Kentucky get owned, part of me never wants anything good to happen to Georgia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

That wide open missed 3 was hilarious.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

I kinda feel like the SEC is going to surprise some people in the tournament, but it's just a feeling.

Yeah, the SEC is actually a lot better than people give it credit for because Kentucky overshadows everything.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

chaoslord posted:

I hate this drat Arkansas team sometimes. Take an 11 point halftime lead and get outscored 23 -7 at the U12 timeout by South Carolina. Embarrassing, and yet totally predictable.

You had nothing to worry about, unfortunately.

Man is this team/program depressing as all gently caress. We went from down 20 to up 9 to blowing the game in the final minutes anyway. Just another day in South Carolina basketball.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

elentar posted:

drat, Davidson is taking it to VCU.

I pick Davidson as my upset special in the tournament every year they make it and they always make me look dumb. They might be able to pull it off this season, though. Jack Gibbs is ridiculous.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

South Carolina is up 15 at the half against a team we haven't beaten in seven or eight years, so I assume a 4-7 point loss is coming right up.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

WE'RE GONNA DO IT

WE'RE ACTUALLY GONNA DO IT

gently caress OFF ROCKY TOP

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Haha, Missouri just fouled an 11% three point shooter who was throwing up a prayer with 1 second on the shot clock. I love this terrible team.

That was pretty awesome and much appreciated.

Gamecocks win an SEC tournament game (!!!) and are now guaranteed a .500 season at worst. :getin:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Congrats, I hope this'll be me in a few years. Well I hope it doesn't get to that but...you know.

After the half Mizzou was actually hanging in pretty well until they went almost 9 minutes without a field goal before Williams hit that three at the very end.

Yeah, this is a pretty sad place to be, but that's what a bad coaching hire can do. Prior to tonight, we'd gone five straight years with losing seasons (which was the worst stretch in school history since the WWII era, apparently) and Frank Martin has already won more SEC tournament games (3) than we had in the previous six seasons (0). We've still got work to do, but hopefully we're finally starting to ease out of neutral.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I literally can't believe that happened. We were ready to blow that game in the most South Carolina Basketball fashion possible and then Ole Miss beat us at our own game. Both teams led in the final five seconds and both teams fouled 3-point shooters, lol

Winning record, motherfucker.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 13, 2015

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I see South Carolina beating Georgia.

We swept them in the regular season, so it's definitely possible. Always hard to beat a team three times, though.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Down 33-26 at the half, we pretty much look as tired and as short-handed as we are. Georgia is a good matchup for us but I doubt we have the horses to pull off a third win against them.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm really disappointed we're bowing out of the SECT when we had actually had a legit chance to stick around for another game, but what an awesome, unexpected experience nonetheless; our guys fought to the bitter end. Depth issues and fatigue caught up with them, but I consider this another good sign Martin has us moving in the right direction.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Oh, and we finished with a winning record for the first time since the 2008-09 season, so can't tell me nothin'. :unsmith:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Man, I'd be loving pissed about that call if I were an MSU fan. Still not an excuse to not score in OT, though.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Poonerman posted:

gently caress butler

Agreed. Failed to beat Duke and then set the sport back decades against UConn.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Georgia is a TEN SEED? They don't have a single win over a tournament or Top 50 team.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

That is a weak rear end region overall.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

gently caress Duke. Virginia should have gotten that seed.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Go Davidson.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Jesus Christ Wisconsin is awkward.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Interesting draw for UNC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish