Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
I have a Palit GTX 460. :downs: Over the past few months, I'll occasionally have to reboot because my monitor won't be getting an HDMI signal from the card. One or two tries later and the card would work again. I wasn't sure what the problem was. This morning, I turned the machine on and couldn't get a signal from the card no matter what I tried. I ended up plugging the HDMI to monitor cable into my motherboard's HDMI-out and this is what I'm using now. I can't find the graphic's card in my device manager nor can I find any way to detect it in BIOS. I'm stupid. The card appears to be running in the machine and the card's fan is on, but I can't find any way to detect it. My GeForce experience won't work either, and my attempt to install a driver manually has failed because it can't detect the hardware. Am I suddenly in the market for a new GPU?

Flavor Truck fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Reseat the card in the slot and reconnect the power cables. If it still doesn't work then yes, it's time for a new card.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Sadly, it is time for a new card.

EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti SC ordered and on it's way.

• Locked thread