Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Live audio of Holly Holm Saturday night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Triticum Guzzler posted:

bjorn offered to put him in a chancery and rampage said great, i can't wait to wrassle again

Here in 'sconsin, this is the Chancery, and I have no doubt Rampage would love to spend a few hours in there devouring the whole menu.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Somewhere, Quentin Tarantino is manically hammering the Follow button.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
^^^ Because people would die from staying dehydrated for 2 days and getting punched in the brain while dehydrated.

Le Saboteur posted:

This makes me wonder whats the point in having weigh ins if you're going to be 15 pounds over for the fight, is this something that most fighters do.

Yes. That's the whole point of cutting weight. To get an advantage by being bigger than your opponent. poo poo, just for amateur bouts I've gone from 250->205 and back in the space of a month, with the last 20 pounds of that being water.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Le Saboteur posted:

Ok so its expected that you're going to put on 10-15 lbs after the weight cut then? Ah, that makes more sense now that I think about it.

Just out of curiousity, since you've done a weight cut before hows your body/mind feeling that day you do weigh in.

Like god drat poo poo. You're weak as hell and your body doesn't really move the way you'd expect it to. I always kinda feel like I'm moving around under water. As far as my mind, it can feel pretty panicky the first couple times you do it, but eventually you just sort of learn to ignore your brain's instinctual "dying of dehydration" alarm.

I know a lot of pros cut a hell of a lot more water than I've ever done and I honestly have no idea how they do it. If I was cutting as much as I'm guessing Gleison Tibau does, for example, I'm pretty sure I'd just curl into a ball and sob tearless, half-dead sobs until someone stuck an IV in me.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

1st AD posted:

Cyborg missed weight once because of her period :allears:

Because blood running from the cooter hole makes you gain 5 pounds.

If she hadn't roided herself out of having a period, I'd believe that. Crazy hormone stuff happens during the menstrual cycle and some women end up clinging to or gaining a lot of water weight during their cycle.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
plz post the tito affliction interview highlight reel, tia

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Foul Fowl posted:

i'm actually kind of surprised that gonzaga isn't A Guy people know about because of the cro cop KO. that video has like twenty million views.

I'm pretty sure that's just because of dunc's evening ritual. After he finishes watching it he mutters "Pride Never Die" under his breath before settling into his Yamma pit bed.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Marching Powder posted:

vitor has a point and anyone who doesn't think so crosses the roda when they see black people

vitor has a point, and that point broke off in his butt cheek because the scar tissue became too dense and clung to his steroid needle with the tenacity of a grounded crocop

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

basic is a slang term for lame, boring, or uncool. I think white people start using it when it was in that one kreayshawn rap. "basic bitch" means "woman who is lame".

I'd agree with the sentiment that Esparza is a pretty lame person, but she also tore Rose the gently caress apart in their fight so I'm open to the idea that she can be a cool fighter when not dealing with the TUF grinder. It's sad to whine that you're not being promoted enough when you don't even try to appear interesting as a person to the fans, however. You get out what you put in in that regard.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I actually always kinda liked Chris Leben's tattoos. They might mostly be stereotypical stuff, but they were all pretty well executed which is pretty surprising for a barely-functioning alcoholic and drug addict who doesn't know how to pay taxes.

Barncat has some sweet tattoos as well.

Pettis's "My fam as Perry Bible Fellowship characters" tattoos, on the other hand

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
"Should have been a split decision"

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I think Overeem's striking defense is too oriented around pure kickboxing and it does him a disservice in the UFC. If you watch his K-1 fights, he's pretty good at shelling up and letting punches deflect off his forearms and gloves. That doesn't work as well with MMA gloves and the MMA striking game requires good movement as a fundamental component of defense. Overeem has, for brief moments at various times, displayed at least some knowledge of how to move around, but he constantly ignores this skill for varying reasons. Sometimes it seems like he comes in too bulked up to actually employ movement well without gassing himself. Other times it seems like he comes in expecting to totally outmatch his opponent and simply doesn't even make the attempt.

There's some mythical 240lb, humble Overeem out there somewhere that's killing guys on the regular, but he is not the one who occupies our universe.

At least we'll always have this magical moment:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Auron posted:

Pettis is kind of a shitbag and isn't even really well received by MMA fans in Milwaukee,
except for the hood rats that frequent his lovely bar that causes problems for the nice strip club in the same building.

I remember despising him before he was even a thing, as he had a Pontiac sunfire or cavalier or some garbage with lovely window stickers in the back window stating his name and current MMA record

He is a fun to watch though.

I had the opposite impression of how Milwaukee receives him, but I also grew up in the hood rat parts of Milwaukee so I'm probably talking to different people then you.

Also, that strip club isn't that nice. They do sell memberships, though, which makes me laugh for some reason. Hey guys, let's go to the titty bar. I'm a member!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

fatherdog posted:

A matching clause isn't a no-compete clause. It just means Bellator has the right to match any other offers, and if they do he stays with them. They're not uncommon in sports, and the one they had in Alvarez's contract held up.

Can't the UFC just offer Rampage more firm show money than Bellator can match and cut away any more intangible bonuses in his contract? How do things like PPV points get valuated in a lawsuit?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ICHIBAHN posted:

Why the gently caress was Carla dressed like sexy Flanders

I assume you have never watched wrestling? It's a singlet dude.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
lol, pettis isn't injury prone, there's just some cat's paw poo poo going on w the lw belt. you get to pick knees or rematches.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

call me joanna hashtag

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The Andy Samberg/Norm McDonald style of roasting is the best.

Norm roasting Bob Saget might be the only time I actually laughed out loud at a comedy central roast.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Dolce orders you a pizza and when you go to the door to get it he puts a needle on your seat face up. The needle is full of steroid.

the mobn diet would never cheat you out of pizza in such a scoundrelous manner

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

T-Bone posted:

Some dude I used to play beer league hockey with is in the UFC this sport is weird as heck

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/scott-holtzman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Sb32O0e0E

He was definitely a freak of an athlete and really good hockey player (was like an alternate on the USA national roller team) but I'm pretty sure he didn't start training until like 4 or 5 years ago (if that).

lol @ the boxtop gogo dancers in this video

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

That wasn't actually the NSAC, it was willie dee's American cousin.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

EvanSchenck posted:

Cain was 11 for 33 on takedowns in the second fight, 2 for 13 in the third. Stipe was 1 for 18. What those fights showed is that you can use the threat of the takedown to force JDS to exchange in the pocket. Velasquez, being insanely brutal at that range, beat the piss out of him from there. Stipe, not so much--he got outstruck in every round anyway and lost the scorecards 49-46. This wouldn't really work for Jones, either, because that's his weakest striking distance and Junior would probably kill him in boxing exchanges.

In the pocket might be the worst area of Jones' standup, but that doesn't mean he's bad there. He's able to throw elbows and spinning poo poo from close range in a way that no other fighter seems to have figured out. It might be unconventional inside fighting, but it works for him and it's unlikely JDS has faced a style like that before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bundt Cake posted:

Did I just read a post that said Junior Dos Santos hasnt fought anyone inside

No, I said jds hasn't fought anyone who uses the sort of unconventional techniques on the inside that Jones does.

• Locked thread