Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I'm pretty sure if Tasigur isn't an artifact in Dragons I'm going to cry irl.

E: Tasigur the Bling - 4

2T: Turn your graveyard facedown, shuffle it, then put the top card into your hand.

I really want him to be a color shifted Squee. It wont happen though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I think the new Sisidi will be good.

In commander. Not sure about standard or draft yet.

Edit: also, I was hoping the next morph mechanic would be morph that would trigger depending on game state, ie "if you lost five or more life this turn, flip this card face up" or something like that.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 2, 2015

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

The new Zurgo seems amazing. I need to go buy a playset of bloodstained mires because man I want to play Mardu heroes.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Well that certainly is a 2/2 for 1 in red with upside :stare: The only question is how many you're prepared to run given it's legendary, I suspect the answer will be either 3 or 4 because it's amazing.

I'm thinking 3 will be a good number. As long as you keep dashing him, you should almost never lose him. I can see running 4 of though.

God Zurgo is such a good card now.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

So between Zurgo, Swiftspear, Foundry Street denizen, and lightning berserker, sligh is looking like it is going to be pretty good after this set for a while. add in dragon fodder and outburst and there is a really good base right there.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

bhsman posted:

Denizen is part of M15, unfortunately, and won't survive rotation without a reprint. That said, there's also stuff like Heelcutter, Wild Slash, and Break Through the Lines.

Ah right, I forgot about that. Well, I get to live the dream for six months at least. And like you said, there are some other good options.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Gimmick deck player spotted.

I'm not exactly sure how sligh of all decks counts as a gimmick but I agree that a lot of cards from Theros/M15 hurt the deck pretty hard.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Speaking of Gimmick Decks:

Mono-Red Devotion deck. Eidolon of the Great Revel and Thunderbreak Regent and laugh at your opponent taking 5 to try and downfall your Stormbreath. Think of the value!

Can you please explain why you think sligh is a gimmick deck? M-Red devotion is a gimmick, yeah, but I don't get what you mean with sligh.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Its not, that was just a joke.

oh :downs:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I just sort of assumed the "dirty poors" part gave that away.

I mean, well, I guess I don't know. Some of you Sligh-players might actually be unwashed commoners well beneath my station.

I've heard some pretty elitist Magic players before, but that is mostly me being :downs:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Swift Warkite seems alright. Would be a lot better if it had haste.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I really love dash as mechanic. It is really good for red because it gives the creatures to evade wraths and sorcery speed removal, while also allowing them to remain aggressive.

My list looks a lot like his though. Seeing how much work rabble master put in makes me want to pock up a pair.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I can get behind an instant speed weaker blightning. And I guess some other effects.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Wait, people keep talking about red devotion like it's a thing. Is it? I've never seen it mentioned before. Is there a list of good cards for it?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Have they really gone on record saying there are no cheap dragons in this set?

I think they've said there isn't a common cycle at least. Maybe there'll be a welp reprint?

Edit: oh yeah forgot about the tempest thing for a second.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

At least he's 5/4 for 4. Besides that yeah he's kind of lame. Not bad, just boring.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

You know, I could imagine him as a one of in mono-green devotion. Once you have an absence amount of mana, you could cast him and your dudes in hand for game.

If only he gave trample.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Devor posted:

He only gives 1 target haste.

Oh crap I assumed it was a global effect. Never mind then, I don't actually like him that much. He's still good as a hasty 5/4 though.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah, it is, I dunno what I'm complaining about. Surrak is pretty alright. He will probably see more play than his other version at least.

So we can now confirm that Taigam will probably be three mana, seeing how the other Kahns costs are 1, 2, 4 and 5 so far, right?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

red card draw, it's what's for breakfast lunch and dinner

It is everything I ever wanted :allears:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 12, 2015

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

So apparently Taigam is not getting a card, which just seems really weird because there isn't a complete five color legendary cycle despite each other color getting one.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah, anyone who says standard is expensive, and then goes and plays warhammer, is obviously allowing the point fly over their head.

Also they obviously have never seen a RDW list. I made mine for 50.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Dohaeris posted:

What would you guys recommend for a newer player as a deck that is relatively inexpensive but still competitive at a typical FNM in the current standard? Or at least will potentially still be competitive after Dragons of Tarkir. I like my Sultai deck but as someone else told me in this thread, it does seem like it requires a ton of decision making that I'm still really bad at as a new player.

A RDW, like I mentioned. I made mine for 50 bucks including stokes, and while it looks like Dragons will be a real midrangy, RDW will probably have good match ups.

Edit: do note I don't run rabblemasters though, so that drops the cost by quite a lot.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I am waiting for RME to literally post every common and say which of his EDH decks they'll go well in.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Please don't make fun of people who like to play Red, they're just trying to field a competitive 72 cent deck like the rest of us

Red players tend to be the most handsome, and physically active magic players.

Source: I play red.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Quick question, is it possible for someone to tap a card that isn't normally tappable due to an effect? For example, if player A has tangle wire out, could the tap that tangle wire as one of the cards?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Okay, I thought so, but I had someone argue that I couldn't. Thanks!

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

So Liliana is Uma Thurman is what you're getting at.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Plenty of people go bonkers for foils. Especially the type of person who only plays EDH.

I know a guy who does this and it is weird. Also because I can't understand just playing EDH.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

I guess I misinterpreted the new rule.

Guess I can't run Chaos Warp anymore.

I'm still running Warp World.

I'm going to keep running Chaos Warp in red decks just because it will still be reds best removal spell in EDH.

I'm pretty mixed on the change though. On one hand, I hate getting my general tucked, on the other, there are commanders who are just so powerful that yeah they need a way to be gotten rid of that doesn't just let them come back the next turn.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

qbert posted:

Right now I'm running 4 Zurgo, 4 Mardu Scout, 4 Foundry Street, 4 Swiftspear, and 4 Firedrinker, and I can't see cutting any of those for Rabblemaster.

That is pretty much my line up as well, though I'm only running 3 Zurgo because I was finding 4 to be much, much to clunky. I want to test rabblemaster more, but I don't own any, and really don't feel like picking them up atm.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I'm testing two fodder and two outburst right now, and I'm thinking about going 3-2 because fodder is such a good card throughout the game.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Rimusutera posted:

I really want a Wurmspiralmaschine.

Also, playmat question for those who could possibly be in the know. Which planeswalkers would be best to have making the Run The Jewels handsign logo together?

Sorin and Ugin?

I think Koth and Venser, but can I get one if you make them? I love Run The Jewels and wouldn't mind a mat.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

Going solely on internet comments, every set is filled with terrible garbage and is finally going to kill Magic forever.

About time I say.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Hey at least the new Thalia has an actual hair color. (The new art owns bones actually and I wouldn't mind getting a copy)

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

BJPaskoff posted:

Remember years ago when the official Magic website's April Fools joke was a joke draft simulator, and actual Alara Reborn cards were spoiled? I hope they do something that clever again.

I hope that it is just an announcement of the next unset and that'll have full art basics.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

R

Draw three cards, discard two. Then shuffle your hand into your deck and draw that many cards.

Now it is really read.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Infect can sometimes get surprise wins on burn in my experience.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Dehtraen posted:

Bringing this back, it isn't satire or mtg erotica accidental copy/paste, :nws: Not Work Safe Playmat/background images :nws:

You know to be honest I've seen way more offensive playmats. That one isn't even that bad. Something something anime card sleeves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

Every crime should be a death penalty offense, up to and including stealing the pens off my desk.

I've worked in a lot of places, and I've discovered one thing: no matter where you are and who you work with, someone will take your pen.

• Locked thread