Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I just watched the Jon Stewart segment. Stewart was really good, but they wouldn't even let him SAY Ambrose's name? I get that he's not feuding with Rollins anymore, but why even bring it up, then? Hell, Ambrose showing up to mess with Rollins and save Stewart is much more in-character for the crazy jokey guy than for Orton, whose main character traits are a bad temper and a big ego.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Because it's been a literal comedy prop for weeks? A bunch of dudes playing Looney Tunes with a title doesn't make it seem more important to me.

Yeah. By that logic the DDT Ironman title is the most prestigious belt in all of wrestling!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't think any of their 6 rings would be enough to make him 'not 37' though. He's not going to turn into a ring general at this age.

Wasn't DDP in his late-30s before he became a regular worker, and he was really good? It's not impossible. I mean, it's not gonna happen, but there is precedent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

iamsosmrt posted:

Can someone explain the logic of having both the IC and US title at this point? Why not just merge them and have one legit middle-tier champ?

How would you know someone's a mid-card geek that will never be a legit contender, then?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Minidust posted:

My favorite part of this IC title angle is all the verbal gymnastics to avoid saying the word "belt" in commentary. Like... no, Cole, BNB has actually had the "title" and the "championship" this whole time. The belt was stolen. A belt is what that object is.

I assume this is just another one of Vince's anti-"wrasslin'" edicts? It is by far the stupidest.

Yup. Dude hates the word 'belt' for some reason. I think there was a quote about 'belts are what hold up pants" or something equally dumb.

And yeah, it makes the announcers seem crazy, when at no point has Barrett ever NOT been the champion during this.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

He thinks "belt" is a wrasslin term. My memory is super fuzzy on this but I think there was a story a few years back when Floyd or some other boxer was backstage talking about titles he'd won. He used the word "belt", and HHH asked him if that's really the word they used in real sports. The boxer said yeah, and HHH rolled his eyes at Vince's nonsense

That'd probably just make Vince hate it more. Who cares if Floyd Mayweather and Ronda Rousey talk about defending their belts, not their 'championship titles'? WWE isn't a SPORT, it's ENTERTAINMENT, DAMNIT!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

duyarvish posted:

I am excited to see how John gets Rusev to agree to the match, this story is actually good imo

"I WILL PUT MY CAREER, MY LIVELIHOOD, MY LIFE ON THE LINE, JACK! AND I WILL BRING THAT TITLE BACK HOME AND BE ABLE TO SAY THA CHAMP IS HEAH!"

There, I saved you having to watch Raw for the next three weeks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

Roman Reigns is not nearly as big or sexy or cool as Kevin Nash so I find this insulting.

But Roman Reigns is Samoan and Paul Heyman said he could beat up Bruno Sammartino, so that makes it OK.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Edge gingerly trying not to cripple himself wasn't good but Roman Reigns does a good one.

I kinda liked Edge's, because it looked more like a really overbaked shoot in and takedown, instead of a tackle.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Rhino's is terrifying because he's aiming about 10 feet behind the other dude, and the other guy just happens to be in the way.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oatgan posted:

Mike Bennett has the best spear in wrestling because he yells "ON THIS DAY" before hitting the move

If he was that good, Metallingus would play as he runs at the guy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

:stare:

NickRoweFillea posted:

I, Roman, will knock you all down!

This should literally be his gimmick. He says "I will beat your rear end, {NAME}" and then he beats their rear end. Having him lose isn't going to win over the smarks, and it makes him look bad to the kids.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Brock should come out with his glasses on, with a prepared statement on 3x5 cards, then just powerbomb Reigns to death, put his glasses back on and say "Thank you for your time."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

It was Bryan's speculation too. Dave's response gradually went from "oh my god they can't possibly be that stupid" to "oh my god they are that stupid".

I haven't listened to that part yet, what does Bryan sugg- :aaa: I just figured it out. :gonk: They are that dumb. They're so scared that Cena will get US title stink on him, that they'll do it.

He suggested Cena does a distraction to cost Rusev the title, thus making him mad enough to agree to the match at WM, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

That would kill all interest I have in Rusev/Cena, because the entire point of it is A: will Rusev retain the US title or Cena wins the US title finally and B: will Rusev lose clean

Hahaha, no. The point is MURRICA! No-one cares about belts championship titles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The thing with Riley/Mizdow is... they're Virgil. You can do ONE big turn and maybe a couple matches, and then you're left with a guy whose gimmick is dead because he beat the guy he got it from, and is now 'free'. And Riley and Virgil were in no way good enough to get over on their own.

sticklefifer posted:

I really, really, really want to see how they'd handle a Heyman Girl. I don't know who would fit that role, Sasha maybe, but I can just hear Heyman in my head talking about how vicious she is and how she's not just a sparkly "diva" with a butterfly on her belt.
Charlotte. They're never going to let her dad talk, so give her someone who can put her over as the WWE's Ronda Rousey.

• Locked thread