Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Teach Titus to wrestle properly, then push him to the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DeathChicken posted:

I'm not sure how one would take the idea of an angle that goes "Everyone suddenly wants this title" to "This title is now being devalued even more than it was", but here we are.

Because it's been a literal comedy prop for weeks? A bunch of dudes playing Looney Tunes with a title doesn't make it seem more important to me.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
The Intercontinental Championship was unified with the Hardcore Championship in 2002, they are simply honoring the old title's legacy.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I want to know what Fooch's thinks!

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I turned to RAW after Better Call Saul just in time to see Reigns spear Rollins off the turnbuckle. He's legit dead now right?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

armoredgorilla posted:

I like Titus, but he's 37 and has just enough skill to be a lower-tier tag team wrestler.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

armoredgorilla posted:

They've been trying that for a while. The worst part is, Titus seems like a great guy but he really needs someone to just grab him, pull him aside, and endlessly throw him around the ring until he gets it.

E: He may be being thrown around a ring forever, is the problem.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Because it's been a literal comedy prop for weeks? A bunch of dudes playing Looney Tunes with a title doesn't make it seem more important to me.

Yeah. By that logic the DDT Ironman title is the most prestigious belt in all of wrestling!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

They've been trying that for a while. The worst part is, Titus seems like a great guy but he really needs someone to just grab him, pull him aside, and endlessly throw him around the ring until he gets it.

He has a fantastic look, has a catchy dog bark thing, and if he was a decent worker, would be a huge star.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_XaIuw6K6Q

love you fooches

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

armoredgorilla posted:

The Intercontinental Championship was unified with the Hardcore Championship in 2002, they are simply honoring the old title's legacy.
The guy who did that hasn't been in a ladder match since Money in the Bank, and he's feelin' froggy...

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah. By that logic the DDT Ironman title is the most prestigious belt in all of wrestling!

Here are a few things that would make the I-C belt more important:

- Have a title match as the Raw main event, with a clean finish
- Have a feud over the belt - a real, actual feud - two guys who fight and promo about each other and winning the title
- Have the I-C title holder win convincingly and consistently, and never eat pinfalls, even in a non-title match

Rusev kind of does these things with the US belt, and the only thing keeping him from being "Rusev, US Champion" is that he's "Rusev, Evil Foreign Heel" and "Rusev, Guy Feuding with Cena" right now.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

DeathChicken posted:

I'm not sure how one would take the idea of an angle that goes "Everyone suddenly wants this title" to "This title is now being devalued even more than it was", but here we are.

The actual champion is on a 10(?) match losing streak, that certainly doesn't help the value of the belt.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

around a ring forever, is the problem.

wwe has a performance center that is apparently very good at this

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

81sidewinder posted:

The actual champion is on a 10(?) match losing streak, that certainly doesn't help the value of the belt.

This is kind of what I was saying. You're sure not making the belt *worse* than what it was by doing this.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

wwe has a performance center that is apparently very good at this

I don't think any of their 6 rings would be enough to make him 'not 37' though. He's not going to turn into a ring general at this age.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't think any of their 6 rings would be enough to make him 'not 37' though. He's not going to turn into a ring general at this age.

Wasn't DDP in his late-30s before he became a regular worker, and he was really good? It's not impossible. I mean, it's not gonna happen, but there is precedent.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

"As a person who likes Roman Reigns more than most, I think that that Raw was bad, but when I stopped to think about it, I think that it was good."

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gaz-L posted:

Wasn't DDP in his late-30s before he became a regular worker, and he was really good? It's not impossible. I mean, it's not gonna happen, but there is precedent.

I wouldn't call DDP "really good" but he sure as hell was over, and pushed strong.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think Oatgan was joking because most of the great talent WWE has in NXT is mostly established Indy talent and not the scrub NFL washouts they like to hire

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Can someone explain the logic of having both the IC and US title at this point? Why not just merge them and have one legit middle-tier champ?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

iamsosmrt posted:

Can someone explain the logic of having both the IC and US title at this point? Why not just merge them and have one legit middle-tier champ?

How would you know someone's a mid-card geek that will never be a legit contender, then?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

This is really good and kind of what I think they needed to do with New Day: less vague pep rally stuff, more chatty comedy, which all those guys are great at anyway.

Hell, just forget New Day exists and turn PTP into a full stable with no explanation.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Delsaber posted:

This is really good and kind of what I think they needed to do with New Day: less vague pep rally stuff, more chatty comedy, which all those guys are great at anyway.

Hell, just forget New Day exists and turn PTP into a full stable with no explanation.
The backstage robot guy just besmirched El Torito's dong. Call me crazy, I don't think this stuff is good enough for TV.

Now, crazy cult leader Adam Rose, that I'd like on TV.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

they're seriously putting both bryan and ambrose in the IC title match aren't they :smith:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

That DICK! posted:

they're seriously putting both bryan and ambrose in the IC title match aren't they :smith:

For bonus salt in the wound it's probably curtain jerking too. :smithicide:

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Also they're both probably gonna lose lol

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That DICK! posted:

Ziggy too. The top three guys who got cheered at the Rumble. They all deserve a win, but hey, that match should be epic. And that said, give Truth a chance.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

DeathChicken posted:

all the losers wanted the hardcore title too

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Heavy Metal posted:

Ziggy too. The top three guys who got cheered at the Rumble. They all deserve a win, but hey, that match should be epic. And that said, give Truth a chance.

I like Ziggler but i'm 100% fine with having him lose for an eternity

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
I've been watching a year and just realized I honestly don't know which belt is supposed to be valued higher. Is it the US or IC belt?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

both are garbage but cena wants the us belt so that ones better I guess

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Delsaber posted:

I rather they stop consolidating all their black talent

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Heavy Metal posted:

He's been amusing lately, but I don't think I've ever seen a good Ron Killings match.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
In "canon", it's roughly WWE World Heavyweight Championship > Intercontinental Championship > WWE Tag Team Championships = United States Championship.

In reality, currently it's WWE Champ > US Champ > Tag Tag Champs > jobber > IC Champ

The Diva's Championship has been handled pretty well in terms of prestige lately, even if the feuds aren't the greatest, it's probably on the level of US as well.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Luke Harper had 8 matches while holding the IC title and lost all of them

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Why is it so hard to book a dominant ic champion who eventually challenges the world champion

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why is it so hard to book a dominant ic champion who eventually challenges the world champion

Two people can't Look Strong simultaneously.

Bicycle Courier Jim
Apr 9, 2009

Sockser posted:

Luke Harper had 8 matches while holding the IC title and lost all of them

He was a paper champion. It was storyline - Ziggler was the REAL chapion, screwed by the Authority.

Agree in other cases though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

This raw didn't have an ascension match so it was a good raw, imo

I am glad they seem to be putting the AJ paige feud away for good and look forward to them killing the Bellas a whole lot at mania

Also at this point barrett was buried so much anyway that I'm glad he's losing and is clearly being positioned as lovely loser who doesn't deserve the title and can't even keep possession of the belt. The belt itself is at a way higher level than he is now, which is a weird way to book a title reign but if either Ambrose or Bryan win a good match and IF they commit to making the title and champion important after mania it might actually work. Same thing with a Cena U.S. title run.
More likely is they continue business as usual by jobbing the IC champ to upper carders and Cena loses the U.S. title by a distraction-aided rollup and never bothers to try and win it back while going on to feud with the guy who distracted him.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 3, 2015

• Locked thread