Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I'm still stuck on how people who don't have uteruses need a period tracker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

women will moan about anything!!! what are they like

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm still stuck on how people who don't have uteruses need a period tracker

felt i made this pretty clear gnarles,

Sweet Tea posted:

tracking my period of jizzing and full-on-dilzing is too difficult. that's why i use myjizznesspal.com

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

this is what happens when apps are written by the patriarchy

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Oh Hell No posted:

why in the hell would you use a period tracker unless you were either trying to get pregnant or trying not to get pregnant

edit: forgot that not all women are smart and hygienic enough to use panty liners every day

I don't usually keep sweets in my house, so I use it to figure out when I need to keep chocolate around.

Aug 4, 2010

detectivemonkey posted:

I don't usually keep sweets in my house, so I use it to figure out when I need to keep chocolate around.

why do you need chocolate

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Oh Hell No posted:

why in the hell would you use a period tracker unless you were either trying to get pregnant or trying not to get pregnant

edit: forgot that not all women are smart and hygienic enough to use panty liners every day

seriouspost it's good to know when you're due so if you end up late you can find out sooner and take appropriate action. Also if you're someone who experiences mood changes depending on where you are in your cycle, it's reassuring to have an explanation for why you're feeling lovely. You can do all that with a wall planner and a ballpoint pen though, I have no idea why you'd need a special app if you don't need to accurately track your fertility

naem
May 29, 2011

Don't you just know when you period happens because you hoo hoo spooges

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

www posted:

Homemade "cherry" cordials.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

how me a frog posted:

MtF trans people don't have periods I'm p sure

In the E/N trans thread there are MtF people that have claimed to get menstrual cramps.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

www posted:

Literally every stupid stereotype about periods is 100% true.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
not every lady has a nice tidy Teen Spirit 28-day "oops there's a spot! I guess that's my period! Time to eat cake!" cycle and keeping an eye on things is important for health reasons

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Any feminine hygiene product is just a diaper for a vagina

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
how does midol not just sponsor some free app at this point

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
get on the pill periodhavers

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

One time when I was a kid, my sister got menstrual cramps at the mall. She'd been a spectacular bitch to me all day so watching her puke into a mall fountain, get rushed to the car by my mom, and spend the trip home laying in the back seat curled up in a fetal position while I got to sit in the front seat and play with my new dinosaur toy was like divine vindication in my 10 year-old mind.

Well that's my menstruation story.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

monkey posted:

I once had almost the opposite thing, a young woman approached me to design an app for her, got me to sign an NDA before revealing her idea. It was a blood alcohol tracker targeted at breastfeeding mothers. I downloaded a bunch of existing blood alcohol trackers and came up with something that was more functional and simpler to use than any of them, but no, she wanted something exactly the same as the app she already had, but pink, and with the option to choose a gender removed.

Caring about the appearance of a tool more than the functionality really just reinforces a whole bunch of old stereotypes about women being stupid.

haha "stereotypes"

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
When I can't buy a product that I can identify with and will outwardly demonstrate my personality to others, it makes me realize what a loving sham capitalism is. Full communism now

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
as it turns out.. we ARE our loving khakis

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I really don't understand why women don't just get that whole mess removed

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Has anyone tried using like a rubber stopper shoved up there? At the end of the day, just hop in the shower, remove the plug and just let it all go down the drain.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
drat it which one of you were supposed to tell b3 where babies come from?

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

Has anyone tried using like a rubber stopper shoved up there? At the end of the day, just hop in the shower, remove the plug and just let it all go down the drain.

This is almost exactly what a diva cup is so yes.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

detectivemonkey posted:

This is almost exactly what a diva cup is so yes.

Does it have a metal chain at the end and make a pop sound when removed?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

I really don't understand why women don't just get that whole mess removed

theres cool pills that make it go away and lmao at anyone who would rather walk around w/ something stuck up their vag

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

detectivemonkey posted:

drat it which one of you were supposed to tell b3 where babies come from?

Not all women have babies, and some women have already had babies. What's the point for those women of keeping that internal junk around?

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

Not all women have babies, and some women have already had babies. What's the point for those women of keeping that internal junk around?

Feels good man

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

boom boom boom posted:

they should donate their junk to transwomen who want periods so badly

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

Does it have a metal chain at the end and make a pop sound when removed?

I had to add the chain on my own, but the pop is standard.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Gnarly please rename thread I HAVE A UTERUS AMA

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

gnarlyhotep posted:

they should donate their junk to transwomen who want periods so badly

It seems weird that no one's tried that yet

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Secks Cauldron posted:

I track my period with my day planner. Sure, I have to wait for the blood to dry when I smear it on each appropriate page, but I don't think everything needs to be digital.

Sounds pretty digital to me.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

detectivemonkey posted:

Gnarly please rename thread I HAVE A UTERUS AMA

I'm turned off of "ama" after the redshirt ama debacle so I picked a different one with a similar meaning

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm turned off of "ama" after the redshirt ama debacle so I picked a different one with a similar meaning

Please use my title but force redshirt to answer all uterus questions with highly-researched responses.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
sorry I'm not doing anything that might encourage him to post

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Secks Cauldron posted:

I track my period with my day planner. Sure, I have to wait for the blood to dry when I smear it on each appropriate page, but I don't think everything needs to be digital.

this is the best reply ever

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
force redshirt gay

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

sorry I'm not doing anything that might encourage him to post

This is why you are a better mod than me. Also because I am spending too many precious modding minutes tracking my period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

theres cool pills that make it go away and lmao at anyone who would rather walk around w/ something stuck up their vag

right, you can just stay on permanent birth control to prevent menstruation, an ex of mine had horrible cramps due to ovarian cysts and used this method to prevent them

• Locked thread