Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

Dalael posted:

I don't know about the US or other countries, but in Canada Chiropractors have to do something like 7 years of medical school (most of it, the same classes as real doctors) to be allowed to practice their craft. Its very well regulated. I think they were even given the right to pose a diagnostic. (which they were not allowed just a few years ago)

They are not all quacks is my point.

e: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic_in_Canada

I don't understand how someone can study the biological sciences for 7 years and not once actually research the evidence base for their own practice. Like, is it denial or something else? When you really look into the journals associated with chiropractic medicine you find that they have a vastly different standard for peer review and evidence before publication which should be a red flag to anyone studying the topic and that chiropractic theory and practice are not based on much of anything that is widely accepted in the scientific community. If it was a 2 year diploma or something, fine, but this is apparently a 7 year stream of education which presumably includes courses in basic scientific literacy. What do people actually sitting in year 4 or 5 of this 7 year course tell themselves about the efficacy of their therapy? How can someone sit so long to complete a graduate stream of education in something of such dubious scientific merit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

City of Tampa posted:

The certificates on his wall are some scientology bullshit lol

One is a certificate for achieving the state of being clear and another commemorates his achievement of reaching operating thetan level 1 (which costs about $3000 total to achieve and can be done solo).

There's others but I can't make them out.

*edit* oooo also operating thetan level 3, we have someone who passed through the wall of fire! This is the level where they introduce the concept of Lord Xenu and the exile of unwanted galactic souls to planet earth as the source of current trauma and pathology

Serrath fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 26, 2015

• Locked thread