Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

Philadelphia had pretty good bike lanes when I lived there and bicyclists were integrated pretty nicely into the city.

my city is starting to do this but haven't on the road I use to get to work and there's this fucker that just has to ride with 8am traffic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

nutranurse posted:

when ann romney's new book comes out i think im gonna steal a copy and burn it in protest

i've always wondered who, besides journos looking form the clickbait slam quote first, buy these loving things

like how boring of a person do you have to be

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
cyclists should be kept separate but equal

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

euphronius posted:

You fatgards

Oh! You have charmed me.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

baw posted:

so how do the cyclist haters feel about rollin' coal? or did i just cause your liberal prius-loving brains to short circuit?

Just as a general note: those rollin' coal pipes are typically exactly the same circumference as a league-standard basketball.

I leave you to make your own decisions about what to do with this information.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

baw posted:

cyclists should be kept separate but equal

separate but equal is never equal

cars should have a congestion tax to fund bike infrastructure

baw
Nov 5, 2008

george wallace should block the bike lanes

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

zoux posted:

Bikes don't pay gas taxes, don't pay inspection or registration or any of the other myriad car related taxes that are dedicated to road M&O, ergo, they have no right to the road.

sir, your place against the wall is ready for you

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

zoux posted:

I never see those people in Austin, it's all white kids. Some asians I guess.

I'm not surprised you don't see black people in Austin, zoux.

but yeah iirc most bikers are the poor

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

I never see those people in Austin, it's all white kids. Some asians I guess.

It was really bad around here before Lance Armstrong was utterly disgraced and you would just have roving packs of wannabes in their "sponsored" jerseys biking every where at rush hour but since the whole doping scandal kinda depressed that.

Bikes don't pay gas taxes, don't pay inspection or registration or any of the other myriad car related taxes that are dedicated to road M&O, ergo, they have no right to the road.

yo zoux why we gotta subsidize your fatass cause you too lazy to exercise?

No obamacare for drivers, double subsidies for bikers

baw
Nov 5, 2008

there are a lot of black people in austin yet the white people rarely see them for some reason

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

mdemone posted:

Just as a general note: those rollin' coal pipes are typically exactly the same circumference as a league-standard basketball.

I leave you to make your own decisions about what to do with this information.

Well that's all well and good but what am I supposed to do with all these bananas now?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

baw posted:

there are a lot of black people in austin yet the white people rarely see them for some reason

zoux is color blind, like 3 olives

he doesn't see persons of colour

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Jagchosis posted:

i've always wondered who, besides journos looking form the clickbait slam quote first, buy these loving things

like how boring of a person do you have to be

im 100% positive that any good journalist from a reputable organization gets their books sent to them for free b/c them reviewing the book's like free advertising'

i could be wrong tho

austin sucks and gave me weirdly klannish vibes.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

nutranurse posted:

im 100% positive that any good journalist from a reputable organization gets their books sent to them for free b/c them reviewing the book's like free advertising'

i could be wrong tho

austin sucks and gave me weirdly klannish vibes.

they're called review copies

i have a few about wikipedia and patent law. the things one does for money in college :sigh:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Huffington Post headline: "6 Reasons Why Gray Hair Is White Hot."

baw
Nov 5, 2008

i still like austin but it's so goddamn segregated

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
would it surprise anybody if i said i used to do book reviews for the journal?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

baw posted:

There actually arent.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Bicyclists are fine when they're not bouncing back and forth between pedestrian and vehicle status. No you do not have the right away on cross walks while riding.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

My Imaginary GF posted:

they're called review copies

i have a few about wikipedia and patent law. the things one does for money in college :sigh:

in highschool my friend who operated our highschools radio channel got free cd's from, like, every record label. it was abusrd. his entire closet was packed with cds that he'd never listen to.

ahhh, the early-to-mid 00's, when cds still were in circulation :allears:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DemeaninDemon posted:

Bicyclists are fine when they're not bouncing back and forth between pedestrian and vehicle status. No you do not have the right away on cross walks while riding.

ya huh you do, especially if theres a red light cam

i used to bike in StL. now theres a loving racist as gently caress city whose racism can omly be appreciated when you need a Hamm's 40 at 9am

nutranurse posted:

in highschool my friend who operated our highschools radio channel got free cd's from, like, every record label. it was abusrd. his entire closet was packed with cds that he'd never listen to.

ahhh, the early-to-mid 00's, when cds still were in circulation :allears:

ahh, mid-00s, when the journal had standards

baw
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

There actually arent.

have you ever been east of i35

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

baw posted:

have you ever been east of i35

zoux hasn't been east of trinity. why would he be? nothing but sprawl and parking lots over thataways

baw
Nov 5, 2008

ok zoux i am sorry. i figured that austin segregated all the blacks to the east side of i35. turns out it's the blacks and the hispanics

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

baw posted:

ok zoux i am sorry. i figured that austin segregated all the blacks to the east side of i35. turns out it's the blacks and the hispanics

So it's not segregation, it's diverse!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

zoux posted:

There actually arent.

Not after you were done with them, Grand Dragon zoux.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
census says 1 in 12 folk in austin are black, but zoux knows in his gut they don't exist, who is right

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

1 in 12 isn't a lot, even by lily-white scandinavian standards

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Jagchosis posted:

census says 1 in 12 folk in austin are black, but zoux knows in his gut they don't exist, who is right

Not even 3/5!

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

1 in 12 isn't a lot, even by lily-white scandinavian standards

it isn't, but it's still approx three fifths of the population of blacks relative to whole population in the u.s.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
in conclusion, fractions are racist, see eg octaroons

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

ya huh you do, especially if theres a red light cam

i used to bike in StL. now theres a loving racist as gently caress city whose racism can omly be appreciated when you need a Hamm's 40 at 9am

ahh, mid-00s, when the journal had standards

Eh? I know you're a city slicker but cross walks don't always have lights or even flashies. Just cyclists who pull out into it in front of you.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jagchosis posted:

it isn't, but it's still approx three fifths of the population of blacks relative to whole population in the u.s.

that feels somehow appropriate for austin

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jagchosis posted:

Yeah that's below the national average and only San Antonio has a lower percentage of black people of the major metro areas. Houston and Dallas are almost a quarter black.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

My Imaginary GF posted:

would it surprise anybody if i said i used to do book reviews for the journal?

I assumed you were a chatbot that gained sentience and went rogue. But this works as well.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"There are not a lot of black people in Austin" is a completely non controversial statement that literally no one in Austin would disagree with.

Many city leaders constantly lament how Austin drives black people away (black population was 13.5% in 1950) and is always trying to find ways to make Austin more attractive to black people.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

I assumed you were a chatbot that gained sentience and went rogue. But this works as well.

There's no reason both can't be true.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
We should give Texas back to Mexico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DemeaninDemon posted:

Eh? I know you're a city slicker but cross walks don't always have lights or even flashies. Just cyclists who pull out into it in front of you.

cross walks do have lights

look loving both ways speedy, maybe then you wont hit a pedestrian who has the right of way

Regarde Aduck posted:

rupert RUINED A GOOD THING

• Locked thread