Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

crabcakes66 posted:

I'm not really a coffee snob but comparing kcups to instant coffee is dumb.

If you had actually used one you would know the coffee can be pretty decent.
I don't think kcups taste actively bad but I also don't think instant tastes actively bad, both work just fine if your goal is to put a hot cup of caffeine in your mouth. I was suggesting instant as an alternative to kcups to people who insisted they didn't care that their coffee was objectively subpar they just liked the convenience.

If instant is just too low quality for you, then you should go to pourover rather than a keurig. Takes about the same amount of preparation, is cheaper, tastes better, generates less waste, and takes up less counter space.

Keurigs basically have no actual advantage over the previously available methods of making coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Count Freebasie posted:

It boils down to this: The Keurig is quick, takes pretty much no effort, requires no clean up except the cup, and I am in a position in my life where I have the disposable income to own one. Does it make the best coffee out there/better than fresh-brewed? No, it doesn't. But it doesn't have to be an either/or situation. I have a Chevy Equinox as a work car and a tuned '87 Mustang that gets five blocks to the gallon as a fun weekend car. They each have their respective qualities and one is not better than the other, being as their purposes are totally different.

Haha you drink Keurig single use coffee and drive a mommy tank. However you justify it, you're still a boring loser with zero taste. You should take some of that disposable income and do something exciting with it, not the same exact stuff everyone else in your subdivision is doing.

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

Giblet Plus! posted:

Haha you drink Keurig single use coffee and drive a mommy tank. However you justify it, you're still a boring loser with zero taste.

look at this fag who likes things I don't like what a bitch

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Giblet Plus! posted:

Haha you drink Keurig single use coffee and drive a mommy tank. However you justify it, you're still a boring loser with zero taste. You should take some of that disposable income and do something exciting with it, not the same exact stuff everyone else in your subdivision is doing.

It's a company car that I don't pay for and get free gas with. Didn't feel the need to post that before, but, hey...you decided to call me out.

Checkmate.

open container
Sep 16, 2008
this thread is sooooooo gaaaayyyyy gently caress coffee forever

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I just crush some caffine pills into my boyfriend's semen, I'm not sure why you guys need a keurig

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Count Freebasie posted:

It's a company car that I don't pay for and get free gas with. Didn't feel the need to post that before, but, hey...you decided to call it.

Checkmate.

No, that only makes it worse. You work for a company that uses mommy tanks to entice The Type of Worker They Want™ (you) to stick with them.

Let me spell this out for you with pictures since I know you won't get it:

Panel van or truck: Vehicle used by men to travel to sites where actual work is performed:

Luxury sedan: Vehicle used by privileged assholes to travel to places where they can tell slightly less privileged assholes what to do:

Mommy tank: Used as company pool car because mitches with desk jobs are too self important to drive a corolla or cruze from chair location A to chair location B

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Giblet Plus! posted:

No, that only makes it worse. You work for a company that uses mommy tanks to entice The Type of Worker They Want™ (you) to stick with them.

Panel van or truck: Vehicle used by men to travel to sites where actual work is performed:

Luxury sedan: Vehicle used by privileged assholes to travel to places where they can tell slightly less privileged assholes what to do:

Mommy tank: Used as company pool car because mitches with desk jobs are too self important to drive a corolla or cruze from chair location A to chair location B

Nice try.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

no id say u got owned p good

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

open container posted:

no id say u got owned p good

How's that? That he equated the car they gave me with what my job is or what I make?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Giblet Plus! posted:

lovely Poster Penny-farthing: used by people that think owning a keurig is a crime against nature to go to "work" (anything outside their poo poo apartment or mother's basement). Insisted to be better than all the above because it's cheaper, more eco-friendly, and only marginally more effort to use

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Raku posted:

lovely Poster Penny-farthing: used by people that think owning a keurig is a crime against nature to go to "work" (anything outside their poo poo apartment or mother's basement). Insisted to be better than all the above because it's cheaper, more eco-friendly, and only marginally more effort to use

Sport Bike - Ridden by the people you love to hate because their flashiness and danger highlights how much more awesome their lives are than yours

Also, more eco-friendly than a mommy tank

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
No one goddamn cares what the gently caress you ride for fucks sake.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I like the not so subtle foreshadowing of taking a photo of it in front of a graveyard

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Giblet Plus! posted:

What is this poo poo? I'd Shut the gently caress up dude. You look pathetic.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

if you arent drinkiing store brand grounds through something you got at a yard sale you are a giant baby human being

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

Count Freebasie posted:

How's that? That he equated the car they gave me with what my job is or what I make?

I am a highly qualified ownage counselor and I hereby state you got ur rear end torn and rendered asunder

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Okay, sounds good to me.

This was starting to get like wrestling with a pig, anyway.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Count Freebasie posted:

Okay, sounds good to me.

This was starting to get like wrestling with a pig, anyway.

We all have our limits and I'm glad you're aware of yours.

Tell me more about your "tuned" mustang. I'm guessing it looks something like this based on your post history:

Giblet Plus! fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 4, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Mommy tank doesn't sound like a demeaning term.

I mean unless you think Mothers are stupid.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Giblet Plus! posted:

We all have our limits and I'm glad you're aware of yours.

Tell me more about your "tuned" mustang.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032817&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=325#post435406326

And that's enough with the back and forth with you. It's grating.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

BigBoss posted:

You are literally subhuman trash if you don't drink Folger's Crystals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMa1yH5QCxk

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

being serious here, nice fox body, looks good

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Giblet Plus! posted:

being serious here, nice fox body, looks good

Thank you (no sarcasm) :)

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Thread is real bad now

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Please vote this a 1

posting from my rickshaw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that got embarassing very quickly

naem
May 29, 2011

You drive a car? You drink coffe?? Well guess what fucker bitcch, alcohol!!! Yeah!

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
i have a mustang as well

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

JESUS CHRIST

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

please do the needfully and explain what the is difference between capsules and pods? cause pods are completely biodegradable and exactly the same amount of work. why wrap plastic around it? is it because of mental retardation?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I got a Keurig for Christmas like three years ago, used for two days and it's been in my pantry gathering dust ever since. You all must love some weak-rear end coffee because that stupid machine basically makes tinted, coffee-scented water.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I'm actually more interested in the number of people brewing a pot of coffee just for themselves than in the people creating waste via single serving coffee machines.

Who needs that much coffee to get through a day?

naem
May 29, 2011

DisposableHero posted:

I'm actually more interested in the number of people brewing a pot of coffee just for themselves than in the people creating waste via single serving coffee machines.

Who needs that much coffee to get through a day?

Just save it in the fridge and drink it cold the next day and think about how lonely you are

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If he feel so bad, he should start a humanitarian prize like Alfred Nobel

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

naem posted:

Just save it in the fridge and drink it cold the next day and think about how lonely you are

If this is the problem I recommend switching to a single serving scotch dispensing machine. Caffeine will only put your loneliness in sharper relief as your vibrating pulminary tract cause time to dilate while you take your morning dump and contemplate suicide.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

What the hell no way are there that many lazy gadget addicts out there

Do we have enough motorized apple peelers as-seen-on-TV to outmass the moon too

Count Freebasie posted:

I just bought a Keurig machine this morning (for real).

I don't feel bad at all.
hahahahahaha

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

Hard to clean and overbrews the coffee turning it really bitter -- there aren't many things that golden years Puerto Ricans get right and coffee making isn't one of them.

nigga just rinse this poo poo theres no germs in brewing coffee

my parents clean out the little rubber gasket constantly and it's like blah just loving submerge in water voila.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

6 pages later and their actually defending thsemselve. killyourelf now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Raku posted:

looks like we got another one :clint:

• Locked thread