Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Funkysauce posted:

If you are an under 30 goon I think you are a piece of poo poo. Thanks for reading. :bahgawd:
asswipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

genesplicer posted:

Apparently, that's part of having kids. For a long time, you can take your kids to a restaurant, shove french fries up your nose, and they will laugh and say "That's funny, Daddy!" Then one day you do it, and they roll their eyes and say "Oh, Father! Grow up!"

And this is why I decided to never have kids.
I weirdly always think of that line in full metal jacket where joker says something like 'the drill seargents are pleased to see we are growing beyond their control'

its cool and make me proud

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i am 30 but i am retard

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
82 years young

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm younger than 30 but also unquestionably older than I was when I joined this chickenshit outfit, so I don't know what to make of this thread

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

mysterious frankie posted:

30 is the new 16 though, so we're actually a totally rad group of teens doing totally tubular things to the maxxx

It's not really the new 16 though, we're all just spoiled and entitled so we feel like we deserve to be young forever. I'm picturing all of us when we're in nursing homes playing our ancient Xboxes and yelling at the nurses to bring us more pizza rolls and Dew.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

slow meme posted:

I am currently in my larval stage

then can I safely assume that this isn't even your final form?

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
As i get older i begin 2 feel increasingly sadder about my wasted youth *farts*

Seriously tho

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
im 19

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

then can I safely assume that this isn't even your final form?

When I was at school our head teacher gave us a speech about a butterfly; he once saw a butterfly struggling to emerge from its chrysalis, and so decided to help it by slitting the chrysalis open. The butterfly fell to the ground, unable to fly; it had to learn to grow on its own, was the lesson.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

slow meme posted:

When I was at school our head teacher gave us a speech about a butterfly; he once saw a butterfly struggling to emerge from its chrysalis, and so decided to help it by slitting the chrysalis open. The butterfly fell to the ground, unable to fly; it had to learn to grow on its own, was the lesson.

I unironically enjoy the moral of that story.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Rocks posted:

I unironically enjoy the moral of that story.

He also made comments in the monthly school newsletter that the girls' skirts were too short and "going to give [him] a heart attack"

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I'm 35 and I can't imagine a world in which I am still posting on here in my forties. It just seems insane at a base level, even though I know there are plenty of 40+ posters here already.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

slow meme posted:

He also made comments in the monthly school newsletter that the girls' skirts were too short and "going to give [him] a heart attack"

lol

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

King Vidiot posted:

It's not really the new 16 though, we're all just spoiled and entitled so we feel like we deserve to be young forever. I'm picturing all of us when we're in nursing homes playing our ancient Xboxes and yelling at the nurses to bring us more pizza rolls and Dew.

whatever, brah. if you need me I'll be grinding some rails in my soaps *dumpy adult man in tight fitting Quicksilver shirt trundles to Prius*

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

ephori posted:

I'm 35 and I can't imagine a world in which I am still posting on here in my forties. It just seems insane at a base level, even though I know there are plenty of 40+ posters here already.

Oh you'll join us. Yoooouuuuuuu'llllllllllll jjjjoooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnn uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssssssssssss

As will all the rest of you...........

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
33 y/o physically, 16 y/o mentally.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

37, emotionally stunted

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

slow meme posted:

Wow man makes you think

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
that's the same story my parents used to explain why they spent my inheritance on a boat.

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
forever fourteen

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

slow meme posted:

teacher owned

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Tiny Lowtax posted:

30 with a kid checking in

What up old people? Getting close to senior discounts!

I actually started getting senior discounts at one restaurant when I was under 40. Mrs. Genesplicer was taking Grad classes with another teacher. Her husband and I were friends, so we would go out to dinner on class nights. The waitress (Always the same one) would give us both the senior discount. Apparently we acted simultaneously like Old Farts and little kids. Since it was obvious we couldn't qualify for the kid's menu, she gave us the senior discount.

Now it's getting closer to being official, and I'm not looking forward to it as much. And I wish AARP would stop sending me propaganda! I've been getting their letters for 5 or 6 years.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

King Vidiot posted:

I'm 43, but have been saying this for a while. Our generation will be the first who really has fun in our nursing homes, as long as we have broadband. Finally we will be old and retired, kids are gone and on their own and really don't want to bother with you more than once a week, and we finally have time for the unlimited online gaming and Netflix. Echoes of old men yelling "SUCK IT, NEWB" will be rolling down nursing home hallways in the near future.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
im 22 which means i probably started lurking when i was like 15. maybe 14

when i put it like that it explains a lot of things

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

27 here.

I'm just starting to notice crow's feet and smile lines in the mirror. I'm a woman so all of the men in my age range are aging like fine wines whereas I'm gonna age like cottage cheese

gently caress you all

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Cuckoo posted:

27 here.

I'm just starting to notice crow's feet and smile lines in the mirror. I'm a woman so all of the men in my age range are aging like fine wines whereas I'm gonna age like cottage cheese

gently caress you all

i'm sure you're still beautiful :)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

i'm sure you're still beautiful :)

i heard about you in the worst poster thraed

you ar a bad man

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

GORDON posted:

I'm 43, but have been saying this for a while. Our generation will be the first who really has fun in our nursing homes, as long as we have broadband. Finally we will be old and retired, kids are gone and on their own and really don't want to bother with you more than once a week, and we finally have time for the unlimited online gaming and Netflix. Echoes of old men yelling "SUCK IT, NEWB" will be rolling down nursing home hallways in the near future.

I did some volunteer work at a nursing home in L.A. decades ago. It was called "Sunset Manor" or something like that. Either by design or chance, it was home to a huge collection of the most left-wing old folks I ever met. I helped out a bunch of old beatniks, but my favorite old dude was a veteran of the Russian Revolution. He had come to the US after World War 2 (He had seen the writing on the wall, and decided that freedom was a bit more important that his commitment to communism. He was still a communist, just not very Stalinist.) He had great stories about the wars.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Seaside Loafer posted:

yes, 40, first paywall account in 2002. its miserable isnt it

e: we should change the angle of the thread to 'how much more fun you were having when you got your first account

I just want to quote you to tell you that I had a HUGE rush of deja vu when I read this right here. Full disclosure: I'm a 1920's videogame detective named Ace.

But seriously, crazy deja vu, like I read it a week ago.

EDIT: I'm 31, turning 32 this year.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
You'll have to cut me in half and count the rings to figure out my age.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
oald people

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

genesplicer posted:

I did some volunteer work at a nursing home in L.A. decades ago. It was called "Sunset Manor" or something like that. Either by design or chance, it was home to a huge collection of the most left-wing old folks I ever met. I helped out a bunch of old beatniks, but my favorite old dude was a veteran of the Russian Revolution. He had come to the US after World War 2 (He had seen the writing on the wall, and decided that freedom was a bit more important that his commitment to communism. He was still a communist, just not very Stalinist.) He had great stories about the wars.

For every senior that prattles on for a half hour about their boring medications or gardening, there's another with really cool old stories or fascinating history to share. And even the ones with mundane stories deserve to be listened to. I can't imagine how lonely some of the very old ones feel, with all of their friends and family dead, their wives and husbands gone, their kids a thousand miles away if they have any, and everyone they come into contact with making it clear that they don't want to hear about their day. :(

Also people tend to talk about how boring old people are then talk about their day at work where this report was due at 9AM and then Clara was such a bitch oh my god

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

GORDON posted:

who the gently caress do you think in our generation will actually be able to afford a nursing home. it'll be the rich fucks who aren't paying you enough to live on now. like half the fuckin' population is gonna be self-employed in 2020 because our batshit moonbot overlords have replaced their servants with automated dick suckin vaccum cleaners made of cocaine.

being 30-40 w/a house & a good job is basically spending a bunch of years sitting stuck at the top of a roller coaster that will eventually collapse & kill everyone you love.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Thats why i work in the theatre. I'll have waaaay more rat/pigeon cooking experience than y'alls when retirement comes around in 2070.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Thats why i work in the theatre. I'll have waaaay more rat/pigeon cooking experience than y'alls when retirement comes around in 2070.

No, you'll be dead of AIDS inside of five years.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

36 is the new 14

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Or is it the other way around?

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

mysterious frankie posted:

30 is the new 16 though, so we're actually a totally rad group of teens doing totally tubular things to the maxxx

i still ride rip-stiks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

here i am this i s a picture of me

• Locked thread