Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
They start from the bottom "stalk" of the 9, go up, then do a leftward curl to form the top part, which is usually too large and disconnected to look correct, and it ends up looking like a 4. It doesnt even look like a 9.

The correct way is to start at the top, go down and left and return to the starting position to form the curl, then go down the right side of the curl to create the stalk. This results in a closed 9 with correct proportions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i had sex with your mom 9 times

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
lol what kind of idiot writes anymore it's 2015.

open container
Sep 16, 2008
u ever see a nigga write a g like a s????

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
That's how I g
I do my d scribal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
ru girl?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
you know how people pronounce coupon "q pon"

worlds going to poo poo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Your coworkers killed your parents loser.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
ð but skip the cross bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Skylark posted:

They start from the bottom "stalk" of the 9, go up, then do a leftward curl to form the top part, which is usually too large and disconnected to look correct, and it ends up looking like a 4. It doesnt even look like a 9.

The correct way is to start at the top, go down and left and return to the starting position to form the curl, then go down the right side of the curl to create the stalk. This results in a closed 9 with correct proportions.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Skylark posted:

How do you know they didn't mean a 4, then? Sorry just curious before I try to think of ways to help.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Gotta have that curl. Or if I'm writing quickly, a curvy stalk will do, I guess

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

1gnoirents posted:

you know how people pronounce coupon "q pon"

worlds going to poo poo

yeah that shits dumb

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

:thejoke:

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

People's ampersands look retarded too, its like where are you from.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Skylark posted:

Thank you.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Sir John Feelgood posted:

i write my ampersands on computers

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

open container posted:

u ever see a nigga write a g like a s????

Capital S
Capital G
In cursive

I have seen it my friend.

I HAVE SEEN IT AND GET YOUR JOKES

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Skylark posted:

I start at the middle bit, where the bottom of the loop meets the stalk? I start there, then I go left and just make big sort of spiral

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It kinda bums me out that cursive is dead.
Taking notes in it is fast as gently caress and it feels good to write.

However, it's a system who's time has finally come. It's gonna be weird when people can't read hand written notes unless they're an archeology student in like 15 years from now though.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Mine is the reverse '3' with the polar lines sticking out the top and bottom. Deal w/it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIfx23g9q08

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I cross my sevens like they're ts.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Sweet Tea posted:

i had sex with your mom 9 times

im ur mom

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

same, also z

a 9, q, and g should all be indecipherable from one another

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

RandomFerret posted:

Only my zero's, and only because my handwriting is bad.
However, for the same reason, I will put the tops and bottoms on '1's for the same reason.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Get away from me, freak.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
curl my stalk bb

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
im over all that since i found out about russian cursive, that poo poo really puts it all into perspective

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
why are you watching all of your coworkers write

i imagine they don't have to write 9 all the time, so you must stick around for a while

you're a creepy stalker and probably a sex offender.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

Get away from me, freak.

smdh :cmon:

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

this needs to be an av

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
i do my 9s just like the op says but otoh i write my 4s one line down then the right angle to make the shape separate but its frequently an acute angle so it looks like a 9 instead of a 4. help basic literacy is beyond me

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
I'm super careful with my 4s

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

all of the coworkers?? perhaps you are the one who is incorrect,

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my teachers in elementary school sometimes told me that i was writing numbers and letters wrong. this contributed to my mental issues

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
what's with people who write the letter S starting at the top

seems retarded to me to move backwards

Macht
Jun 18, 2007
roll with brian lamb
my 4 is an 8 with the extra erased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I do corporate training you should hire me to teach them the correct method PM me for details about this service.

• Locked thread