Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Never cosmic.

edit:

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Can people tell who disagrees with the post they make?

I kinda want to just pick a regular forum poster...pull up the history...and disagree with everything they've ever posted

Doesn't it pop up a little label with who hit the button?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Haerc posted:

I just random boxed Rogue, I have no idea what I'm doing, and the build is ancient. Is she "not good"?

Also, is there a build for Punisher up yet? I didn't see one in the old thread.

She's a breeze to level. I wasn't a huge fan of her at 60, but my gear was significantly worse at the time so I should probably revisit gearing her out. I'm fairly certain she hasn't had much of an update build-wise though so whatevers in the build-list is probably serviceable.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

nostrata posted:

That's all ICR needs. Trying to get the Super group cosmic.

Every member has to have the cosmic achievement. ICR kicks 90% of the SG.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

nostrata posted:

I'm not sure why knowing about bugs is keeping them from testing achievements. It's certainly never stopped them before.

It's probably an overly beneficial bug. Like being able to complete the cheevo multiple times for the reward. Or the omega chest it grants is infinitely clickable.

edit: Or if you use the omega chest while at max omegas, it flips you back around to zero.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Holy poo poo.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Still not worth playing Frank.

Truth.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

So serious question, is sun avatar guy actually having a breakdown over the punisher thing posted earlier, or is this just like an ironic gimmick thing?

I'm kinda confused.

What you're reading are just randomly generated fakeposts. You have to cosmic to gain access to reading the real posts.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

nostrata posted:

Reading ICR's post history is like reading the diary of someone succumbing to madness. It very gradually goes from normal guy who likes a video game to the crazy yellowman that he is now.

I have no idea how he's an actual human being. I'm starting to suspect he's a gestalt intelligence of every cosmic hero in the game.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

And Tsurupettan was never heard from again.

It'll be like invasion of the body snatchers. Tsurupettan is going to start yelling Cosmic Today a lot more.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

So if I log in after midnight, will that count as my day 2 log in to get my currency and buy Hulk? I messed around and leveled a few heroes to 10, now I'm ready to continue with Hulk when I can get him.

It ticks over at Midnight PST, so yeah it counts as the next day for login rewards.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

HebrewMagic posted:

I call a vote that all Groot Force members play Rocket Raccon with both Power Groot & Team up Groot wearing Insig of Groot at all times in the public eye or face a ban.

Need to get a mini groot cosmetic pet for maximum groot.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Grinning Goblin posted:

I was going to buy Advance Pack 2, but after X-giving I had close to 3000 Splinters. I figured between that and just sort of playing the game, I'll be fine on heroes until I quit.

Random box them all away so you have an excuse to buy AP2.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
SG is the new Social.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I am no longer the Punisher. Call me... Mr. Hula Hoop.

(I noticed it because it was spinning around him and making a horrible clanging noise.)

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Good thing I have all these garbage cow portals banked.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Does anyone even use advanced bannertech? I'm pretty sure one of the other generic dps artis work better. Unless you're gearing a movement hero without wanting to go whole hog on 'em.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Is there some kind of shortlist for what low-effort heroes they could feasibly be releasing? Also, weren't there a bunch of mined taskmaster resources hinted at before it happened last time?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah I figure Blade will come down the road as a proper release. Beast has been in the pipeline for ages and would be pretty simple as a melee bruiser, but he'd be kinda boring and not entirely sure they'd release another melee phys hero so soon. Nick Fury seems like a possibility since they were all jazzed to make him like a skellymancer but apparently that got shot down by Marvel? Maybe they got the go-ahead and just didn't say anything for this reason. Most likely it'll be Beast for low effort reasons, though. Or a team-up I guess would be a pretty safe bet.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Listen, Rosa. You know how the White man is. You really think this is going to happen? poo poo, they'd rather put a Blue man in the game.

I bet we're not even going to see the Black Green Lantern in this so called comic ARPG.

I always think of the white Nick Fury when I hear the name.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

godface zillah posted:

but hawkeye isn't a superhero

But did you know he's an Avenger?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Ugh, I'm seriously considering the $130 mega pack purely for the STASH tabs. I've got all the heroes there except 4(Gumbo, herman, dark leopard and ratchet and clank). Currently I only have 3 regular stashes, 1 crafter stash and like, 7 hero stashes(or however many came in the bad guy pack + hawkeye). This seems like an astoundingly dumb idea.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

:siren: black widow and hawkeye reviews up next :siren:

edit: qol??? whatever we're calling it now

As far as skills go, I really hope hawkeye just gets a numbers bump and make his roll free.

Gear-wise I hope his boots get like, +2 all or something since +6 combat just buffs two of his passives right now. Full rework on his slot 5, give him an archery tree focused slot 1, bump goliath up from +1 to +2 and maybe give it something more, for his slot 3 take away the proc based crit rating and give him a consistent number. He already has pretty high crit rating so it doesn't have to be a huge number. I'm not even 100% sure the damage at close range thing works, but please take that away and give him something worthwhile. If it works I guess it's good for a WoA build but he's way too squishy for that poo poo. I dunno there are probably some better changes that could be made but I have no idea what reasonable expectations are anymore since their "item budget" is all over the place.

Cap America is already in the game tho :confused:

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

rizzen posted:

The QoL will replace all his skills with side rolls. With his new Ultimate being him shooting himself in the face and the game immediately swapping you out to a superior hero, like Taskmaster.

It'll be hawkeye's old ult except the arrows will arc around and shoot himself. Bonus if you have the ronin costume, he commits seppuku.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Holy gently caress I love when gaz does good things like this. Probably going to look at fully gearing him out with summon focus now.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Is this some kind of in-joke between those two or a legitimate nerd bitchfest?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

"We identified that a bug was making Iceman more powerful than intended, so we made him even better instead"

It's making him more powerful than intended, but not exactly outside the norm of what they're doing with new characters. It's giving him a reasonably competitive pet damage build.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Hulk should be the strongest hero in the game!

Why isn't this guy as strong as Hulk?

I honestly think Cap turned out better than Hulk. Hulk is cool with all the super flashy stuff and burst, but Cap comes out of the gate with smoother skill usage, cooldowns, and better defense.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

J posted:

I kept coming back to Cap. I'd level him 1 or 2 levels and just get frustrated with him and put him on the shelf for a while. I kept running out of spirit and he felt really squishy to me. I'm playing during this event and looking at what heroes I have and I look at cap again, he's at level 28. I figure his sig at 30 will help the spirit problems so I get him to 30 to try it. Well, his spirit management is much better now but I still run out sometimes. But everybody kept saying how nice and easy he is to level. I know airborne assault is a big part of his kit, but that doesn't unlock till 47, and levelling him feels like such a slog. So what's a dumb rear end idiot baby like me to do? Whale out on boosts of course! Did a handful of LQs and got Cap to 47. He still feels quite squishy but the kit feels very solid now with airborne assault. But I don't recall anyone else saying he was squishy.

I take a look at his powers again and reread all the tooltips to make sure I'm not missing something. Cap has a shield, after all. Is there some shield block button I need to be pressing or something?

Turns out I did miss something. I didn't put a god drat point in his loving defensive passive. *INTENSE FART SOUND* :downsbravo:

Yeah I was spared his pre-30 stuff by leveling him in midtown during a monday. Since the boxes scale with your level, you can just float around killing level 1 poo poo and open the boxes for gear/xp. I definitely recommend doing that for any potentially spirit hungry hero. Spirit doesn't matter when everything dies in one hit.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Look at all you poors with your handout swiggins. Back in my day, we were real men who punched countless apes until they gave us their sweet necklaces.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The worst part about that many goks, is you want to use them on that many characters, meaning needing three more good artis per gok.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

So I guess you guys are pretty admirable for reacting with childlike glee every single time.

Stockholm Syndrome. It's why this thread is filled with equal parts bitching about and praising gaz.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Disown him.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Ajax posted:

She Hulk is the anti hero release. Start great get worse get delayed

I blame nick. The saying is true. You either leave groot force a hero, or stay long enough to become the villain. He did both.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

she weak hulk !

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I dunno. I was referencing when he left for that raiding guild way back. Dunno if he's left again recently.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Mr.Nice posted:

There was a supergroup who spreadsheet their Kurse runs over a few weeks with different amount of RIF.
From memory the result were : over 1000 runs with no RIF, they would get 4 GOK on average, between 200 and 500% RIF it was 8 Gok but anything over 500% and it was only 2 GOK per 1000 runs.

Too many goks were going to be dropped at that sif/rif so gaz punished them for their hubris by halving the gok drops.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Out of curiosity, with all the boosts right now and assuming cyclops + 200% synergy, what level of boosts would you need to have your cosmic prestige be the same as a new player's white 1-60 without server-side boosts or anything?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

In other news, cosmic Midtown is fun and I've gotten two 25%/invuln cores in about 20mn. Really hope people weren't planning on going in with bad characters though. :stare:

This is a slap in the face to all hawkeye players. Clearly what he needs to compete is a longer duration on his stealth power to measure up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Joust posted:

Normally we'd joke it'd be out at the same time as the IW QOL but we were wrong.

It'll be out at the Ms Marvel rework/QoL.

• Locked thread