Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Zeike posted:

lame thread title

I don't know if we'll ever be able to top "In Japan it's called Loki Loki Panic".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Sighence posted:

That must've been it.

So, uh... anyone have any advice for DD respeccing? I'm on a phone so just quick general ideas would be great.

Max both your finishers, numchuks, Devil's Due, Spinning Hook Kick and Devil of Hell's Kitchen. I like to max Rebounding Club because the dot is great for softening up mobs, then dump into both of his remaining passives, but you can always just max all his passives instead and do great. The rotation is basically Devil's Due --> Numchuks until full combo, then Street Sweep or Jumping Strike depending on if you're dealing with mobs or a single target, hit SHK and repeat that until Devil's Due comes up again. Born Again is only a one pointer for recovering some health between mobs - the health return on it scales terribly. You'll want to make sure to use a movement power regularly to keep up the damage negation from his passive, and actually make a bit of an effort to dodge attacks. Street Sweep is good for this in a pinch, because you're invulnerable while you're bouncing between targets. His play style is actually really straight forward. Get used to whiffing with Jumping Strike a lot though, it's just a thing you have to learn to accept.

At the very least, you'll want to get all of his uniques. Some of them have been outclassed by the newer uniques, but they still hold up. Having an invuln and two invisibility procs helps a lot when you start to take a lot of hits. Gem of Kurse, Gorilla Necktie, Hand of Doom, AMSA, et all are obviously all top choices for artifacts. Buuut if you're having trouble convincing one to drop, or just not willing to commit one to Dirtdevil, ACCoC and Taskmaster's Guide are much more common and will do alright. Personally, before I really started gearing him, I actually really liked a Superheroic Yukio's Charm (for the melee damage and health regen), and as crazy as it sounds, Fearsome Fist of Farallah. It's a bit more health regen (which with some LoH really does make a difference on DD), and you'll have enough native dodge to keep the critical strike proc up pretty consistently.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Dandywalken posted:

Gotta get me an Earth Rune, and then I'll do my first enchantment :getin:

Does an enchant overwrite the default bonus on an item? I'm gonna enchant a Uru Ballista with the ranged-buff. Would that change the item totally, or inherit the 200 damage of the ballista?

Any uru items keep their default value, and gain the enchantment on top of it.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Dandywalken posted:

You're totally right, my mistake. Should I be putting those enchants on my 1-5 items once I've got a level 20 Enchanter NPC then? Havent touched them aside from making a functional Costume for my dude, stat-wise.

Trying to level up Gungir now... surprised you actually need to level the loving thing and dont get Rank 1 automatically. Kinda a dick move IMO :(

If you've got a common rune, then feel free to throw it on whenever you want. The bonus from an enchant is pretty meager though, scales according to the level of the item you put it on, and you'll probably out level that item fairly fast and end up replacing it anyways. I think Tyr is the only one that provides a half decent boost, because critical rating is so desirable, but it's one of the rarest runes in the game, and you'll want to save any you get for one of the powerful runewords. Really, enchantments feel more like a little extra gravy on top, a way to eke out a smidge more value when you're min-maxing at level 60, so don't stress about using them too much.

Legendaries beginning at Rank 1 would be great, but they are intended as another grind to keep players invested for longer. We got them before Omega points, and serve a similar purpose. The early grind on them isn't too bad, however. You should get up to Rank 3 by leveling a character from 1-60.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
So how do things work in regards to different types of crit and damage? The game is terrible at making its mechanics understandable, and I'm confused. I've been working under the assumption that for critical rating, it takes whichever type you have the highest rating in. Say, for instance, that you use a ranged physical attack, then whichever is higher (ranged or phys) is what your actual crit will be. And does it also apply to damage ratings? If this is the case, is there any reason to stack extra damage of one type when you've already got the other even higher? Using the ranged phys example, if you've got physical damage stacked fairly high, does throwing on an artifact or insignia that adds ranged damage actually have any effect on your dps if it doesn't beat out your phys damage? I'm guessing this is why untyped crit and damage sources are valued higher than typed ones.

Am I way off-base with this? Any clarification would be appreciated.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Prel posted:

It's actually the opposite. To figure out your crit rating for a particular attack you add your untyped crit to any specific crit that applies to that attack. Same for damage rating.

So if you have 500 untyped crit, 200 melee crit, and 400 physical crit, your crit rating for a physical melee attack is 1100. There is nowhere on the stat sheet you can see this value once you are dealing with multiple typed sources, you have to manually add each category that is relevant.

Untyped crit/dr are valued higher because they will apply to any ability used. Obviously how much this matters depends on how homogenous the tags and damage typing your hero has are.

See, that's what I thought originally, since it seems like the most intuitive way to do it, but the game seems to go out of its way to obfuscate things and there are no definitive sources on any of it. Are there any resources to help calculate your true percentages? I'm going all in on min-maxing my Punishman and I find a certain soothing satisfaction in seeing an easily identifiable number, and watching crit and damage numbers pile up into the thousands just doesn't have the same effect.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Moxie is a great name for a resource, but I feel like it's wasted unless you're spending it on dames and hooch.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Ajax posted:

ice man no tanker

she a hulk

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Eiffel On You posted:

MAGENTO getting an update on his Debra bar.

Already fully functioning feature > in-game clock

Priorities!

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Bloodly posted:

How many Impact powers have a cooldown less than 10 seconds, though?

Most of them, actually. Luke Cage, Thor, Elektra, Mindless Titan, Blob & Havok are less than 10 seconds.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

haven't even checked the xp myself, we're usually in a raid party which cuts the xp in half

I thought doing CMM in a raid party was a dumb idea at first, but then I realized that I wasn't there for the XP and that having a big party made it that much easier to teleport to Man-Ape for his neck tie.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Saint Freak posted:

@Scourm 's awesome punisher guide,

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Look, when you want a bone, you go to the guy who knows his stuff.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
I was gonna make a snarky comment about what a crappy mohawk that is, but that Daredevil costume is just too good. I look forward to playing Marvel Sweatpants Heroes 2016 in a couple months.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Midnightghoul posted:

Daredevil's uniques seem a lot better especially if you like +2 to every loving stat on a proc. Make no mistake though: he's still the same hero, just with less Jumping Strike whiffing and better numbers. He plays just like he did before, so don't expect a new experience. I'll probably end up regearing him back up soon, since I don't think theres any interesting melee people coming out soon (dumb Vision doesn't count) and its really a choice between him and Black Panther for me

Really, that's all I wanted, except for the stupid stat procs. This wasn't advertised as a full on review or even QoL update, just a minor update to give him a little love. And that's alright with me. I'm happy that he's getting more +skills, since he was nowhere near hitting 50 on any of them. I think the best change besides Jumping Strike is his Blades of the Beast unique - taking those points from Triple Strike, which nobody uses anymore, and making them +2 all was a smart move to bring his uniques in line with other, more current designs. Also, his slot 5's tacit acknowledgement that nobody uses any of his basics besides Numchuks.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Same. Found a ton, all for the hero I was on. I really hope they don't change it to 80% your hero 20% random because that would be dumb.

That'd still be a drat sight better than the 90% random / 10% your hero spread that they said they intended in the patch notes.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Further proof that cosmic'ing today causes brain damage.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

I bet he didn't even have to try to co-erce his girlfriend into taking the picture.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

NotALizardman posted:

Man I really like the DD costume from the show in motion. They release it in-game and I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

I think they said that they weren't going to be doing one based on the show, but the Man Without Fear costume is more or less the same thing, and hella good. Kinda weird that the drawstrings on the pants have physics to them, but the ones on the hoodie (and the hood itself) don't.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
I'll tell you what, it's in my understanding that the arsonists and villains like Pyro and Sauron are being given way too much credit to having fire attack abilities, especially in Midtown. Somehow their fire attacks are seen to be able to hurt the heroes like, the Human Torch, Nova, the Silver Surfer (let's keep in mind, he has a super power that can change the physical element of fire because he has the power to change the molecular structure of fire - for all he knows he can make fire hit him like if it was water), even Wolverine and the Hulk's healing abilities makes them immune to fire as well. Oh, so no one ever saw the movie, The Wolverine -- where that nuclear blast burned him badly and he survived it? It pretty much describes Wolverines abilities to heal when he gets hit, he can heal quickly alot more than he can get damaged and a lot more faster, to. Same as with the Hulk -- when Hulk gets mad he gets strong, meaning he regenerates quickly and he becomes strong enough to the point where he can even break Juggernaut in half. Look at what he does to tanks. We all know this game is leaving itself open for rooms of improvements. Now, what is with this so-called thing that Moleman does on the game? He has ability to pull the heroes towards him? Since when? He has a shooting stick? Since when? Wow, these villains are being given superpowers they don't have. And in MIdtown, we all may as well face it, Black Cat is being the new Madame Hydra. She seems to be fighting like her, especially with that green poison ability, which Black Cat never had. Oh and to say, Colossus can be immune to fire effects as well.

e: Jet fuel can't melt steel.

Cool Kids Club Soda fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Apr 11, 2015

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

godface zillah posted:

I didn't vote for him

#NotMyLizardman

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Drythe posted:

This is wrong, Punisher can withstand some of the most damage and his passive is very good for survivability. Everything else is true though.

Definitely got to agree with this. Part of the reason he seems less tanky, I think, is the way that passive works. It creates the perception of being more flimsy than he actually is. Your health might fall off pretty quickly to begin with, but once you hit a certain threshold, the damage reduction really starts to make a big difference. Sure, you might be around 50% health or less by then, but the sheer amount of damage reduction you get at that point means you can take more of those hard hits that would finish off another hero. I've facetanked Juggernaut and Rhino charges around 50% health and just walked it off. Using his uniques makes it pretty easy to hit around 24k health as well, while gearing everything else for crit and damage.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Big Pun is a really fun and good dude to play as, and I have zero regrets about immediately gearing him to the teeth once he got his rework. I hear Venom is pretty great too, but I'm just happy that my Punisher Noir investment has finally paid dividends, especially considering that I just barely missed out on the days of ol' when low-health builds were a legitimate way to gear. Everybody running around with Extremis Serum B's, Last Chance Serrated Boot Knives and symbiote tendrils from their Venom medallion.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
You get another copy of your default costume to throw in the grinder. And one step closer to full blown liver failure.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Russad posted:

So, uh, I kinda come and go on this game, and I'm finding myself pretty confused since I started playing again this weekend.

I've got a ton of currencies and I don't really know what to do with any of them. Do I buy recipes with the raid currencies, or something else? (Do you need raid ingots or whatever to craft from those, cause I don't have any of those yet.)

ARMOR tokens, cosmic world stones, cube shards. I have all this poo poo and when I go to the vendor my eyes just kind of glaze over until I pass out.

I've also seen people in here and in the SG talk about saving boxes to level. What's the deal with that? Cause I'm all for easy leveling.

All of these questions are seriously inhibiting my ability to make some of my mans yellow.

The rundown on currencies, for anyone who's wondering.

ARMOR - One of the three event currencies, along with cosmic worldstones and omega drives. You can spend them on :
- ARMOR Alternate Reality Portal. Best summoner artifact by far. Lots of health, summon damage and the chance to spawn a random summon, including Baby Deadpool!
- ARMOR Grenade. Area damage artifact. Lots of good stats here, but there are only a handful of heroes who benefit since it only affects area attacks.
- Costume cores. Guaranteed to have four affixes, and an additional 1000 defense on top.

Cosmic Worldstones - Lots of good stuff here :
- Power Cosmic legendary. BiS for pretty much every split damage type hero, the damage stats on this are off the charts.
- Power Doop runeword recipe. Tons of DR, crit and brut damage rating depending on your damage type. Split damage heroes benefit the most again, but lots of physical ones want it too.
- Doop Inspiration runeword recipe. A much better summoner runeword than what the enchanter gets by default.
- Doop Ectoplasm artifact. Another one for split damage heroes, you get DR, vs Boss DR or dodge depending on your damage types.
- Gifted Doop rune. You'll need these for the doop runewords and to upgrade your insignias to cosmic insignias (see below)
- Cosmic Insignia upgrade recipe. Turns epic insignias into cosmic insigs, which gives it +1 all skills on top of whatever affixes it already has.
- Cosmic Insignia upgrade token. The other item you'll need to upgrade those insigs.
- Cosmic Doop pet. For when you run out of other stuff to spend your worldstones on, or if you've really got a thing for Doop. Don't worry, we've all felt that way about Doop before.
- Moondragon Cosmic Loot Container. Random chance for cosmic rings, cosmic gear, and most importantly, cosmic medallions. It'll take a while, but tends to be the easiest way to get the rarer cosmic medallions (anybody who doesn't have a terminal, like Bullseye, Sauron or Grim Reaper).

Omega Drives - Blue boxes. And other stuff maybe I guess? :
Mysterious Blue Omega Box. Get a random boss unique with a random challenge bonus (+1 to a stat, like Strength or Durability)
Phil Coulson team-up. Flavor team-up at best. Shows up in a nice whip at least, and is probably a decent guy to hang out with IRL.

Cube shards - Spend these with Clea, near the terminals in each hub :
- Ancient Gourd of Prestige. You need one of these to prestige, start over from level 1 with a new color title, and get closer to yellowmanhood.
- Fortune Card Mark 1. Days of Future Past Wolverine costume, some random buffs or visual artifacts. Maybe a HERBIE pet if you're (un)lucky.
- Unbind medallion recipe. Hella overpriced way to swap your medallions around. Still really useful once you can gather the 200 cube shards.
- Reroll cosmic gear recipe. Complete crap. Completely re-rolls the entire item from what I can tell.
- Craft unstable molecule recipe. Was good for a minute, until unstables started dropping a lot more frequently. Costs 500k and 10 cosmic items to craft one unstable molecule. Still very useful if you do a lot of re-rolling.
e: I significantly understated how important this one is. Unstables are the key component for crafting, and once you've got some gear you want to re-roll and the credits to do it, you will burn through a lot very quickly.

Hero / Protectorate / Whatever Commendations - Raid currency, spend them in Asgard with the vendor south of the stashes :
- Upgrade Slot 1 - 5 to iLvl 66. Make your gear slightly better, makes any +specific skill on that item grant an additional level. You need a separate recipe for each slot.
- Upgrade Slot 1 - 5 to iLvl 69. Makes gear slightly betterer, makes all +skills on that item grant an additional level. Most imporantly, +1/2 All skills becomes +2/3, and so on. You need to upgrade the item to 66 first though.
- Challenge Bonus recipe and Challenge Bonus tokens. Learn the recipe, then use the token to add a challenge bonus to an item. There's a random recipe too, but you'll feel like a dummy when you roll +1 Speed.
- Asgardian Forged Ingot. Used to craft raid uniques.
- Raid unique recipes. Craft raid uniques using Asgardian ingots, because like any drop in this game, only the 1% ever see the good stuff drop. Forget about crafting a Twilight Fragment though, since you'll also need a super-rare Surtur rune to craft it as well.

Then there's going to be the Genosha vendor, who seems like they'll mostly take commendations, with one notable exception. Coming soon, once they sort out the influence point system.
- Upgrade Insignia / Medallion to iLvl 66/69. Same as the Upgrade Slot recipes, but for Insignias and Medallions recipe.
- Reliquaries of Rarity. Because they don't drop often enough during Midtown Mondays.
- Level 80 legendaries. Souped-up versions of the regular legendaries. Supposed to be for really dedicated players, since they'll cost 2000 odin marks apiece. Pretty sure the real reason is to troll players who claim 'I main everybody'.
- AXIS raid unique recipes. Same deal as the Musclehayim raid unique recipes.
- Starktech mini sentinel pet. It's a pet. One that probably wants to wipe all mutants off the face of the earth, but hey, he's chibi!

I skipped over a few things, like the ARMOR uniques, but that's because for the most part, they're forgettable and no one uses them. Feel free to chime in if anyone thinks there's something I overlooked.

Drythe posted:

Also the show is very good and everyone should watch it

Cool Kids Club Soda fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 13, 2015

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Thanks for the constructive criticism. *faaaaart*

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
I did fix it though, just for you, Chela.

But yeh, I spent way more time putting that together that I thought I would bother with. This game is really obtuse in so many ways, and this thread has been instrumental in helping me come to grips with a lot of its different aspects, so I'm just hoping to pass some of that along.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Phyresis posted:

ARMOR system is getting a rework "soon," supposedly Ult tokens will be included.

Unbind Medallion is a clutch recipe. So many of you clowns qq about having your best medallions bound to heroes you don't play anymore. I don't get it.

I Craft Unstable Molecules on a regular basis. I would be very sad if this recipe did not exist. It is a good recipe.

Unbind Medallion is def a good recipe, it's just fairly expensive. 200 cube shards takes about 8-10 days of grinding out all the green and red terminals, which is a lot longer than my attention span can usually handle. Craft Unstables is also handy, but I usually don't bother with it unless it's Cosmic week and I know I'll be swimming in cosmics. I get plenty of unstables from ICP anyways, in addition to all the insignias I find there, so it's enough to satisfy my needs. But I don't have too many uniques or artifacts that I feel the need to re-roll, or I get lucky and get a good roll in the first couple when I do. I can see the utility though, especially if you're aiming for something trade worthy. I'll make a quick update to that one.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Solid points. Some of that stuff is more just from my own personal perspective. I've cut back my play time a fair bit compared to several months ago, so some of this stuff isn't as fresh in my mind as it could be. I do remember when that recipe came out and I was unstable poor, it was a bit of a godsend whenever I could scrape the 500k together. Mind you, those were the days before I could count my GoKs in the double digits...

Also, my ADD started to kick in a bit around that point and I just wanted to be done writing words.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
If it only re-rolled the cosmic affix it would be dy-no-mite, but what reason would I ever have to re-roll a cosmic in its entirety after having spent god knows how long farming for the perfect one?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
I dunno, I thought McFassy brought a nice gravitas to the series. Plus they're just so dreamy.

e:

Cool Kids Club Soda fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 14, 2015

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Shakenbaker posted:

I'm so glad Marvel tapped Erica Henderson for the art duties on Unbeatable Squirrel Girl because she's like a rorschach test that sorts out fun havers from fun haters.

I'd emptyquote this a million times if I thought I could get away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

"We have such sights to show you..."

• Locked thread