Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

by perpetuating the myth of regular mealtimes, you are waving your white privilege in the faces of other cultures who also eat, but at different times.

notable non-shitlord social justice hero Keira Butler posted:

Historian Abigail Carroll, author of the book Three Squares: The Invention of the American Meal, explained to me that the the thrice-daily eating schedule goes back at least as far as the Middle Ages in Europe. When European settlers got to America, they also imported their meal habits: a light meal—maybe cold mush and radishes—in the morning, a heavier, cooked one midday, and a third meal similar to the first one later in the day. They observed that the eating schedule of the native tribes was less rigid—the volume and timing of their eating varied with the seasons. Sometimes, when food was scarce, they fasted. The Europeans took this as "evidence that natives were uncivilized," Carroll explained to me in an email. "Civilized people ate properly and boundaried their eating, thus differentiating themselves from the animal kingdom, where grazing is the norm." (So fascinated were Europeans with tribes' eating patterns, notes Carroll, that they actually watched Native Americans eat "as a form of entertainment.")

if you aren't grazing your radishes and mush out of a feed bag you carry around with you, you are part of the problem and should feel bad

more important insights over at mother jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Yeth it'th true. Good find thithouse Dave

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
we have no food better start 'fasting' *starves nobly on prairie to the distant call of vultures while barbarious white man, dripping with mush, chortles from radish heap*

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
when everything is racist, nothing is.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
how boring/autistic of a person would you have to be to seek out, purchase, and read a book about where the concept of meals came from

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
we the hatchet rydaz, ride or die, get the gently caress back, or never live again

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Zippy the Bummer posted:

how boring/autistic of a person would you have to be to seek out, purchase, and read a book about where the concept of meals came from

or to make a thread about an article about said book

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i've made it through entire days without eating a drat thing. eat when you need to, not when you're told to

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Robbie Fowler posted:

we the hatchet rydaz, ride or die, get the gently caress back, or never live again

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

kill...whitey?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
tell us some more ~SHOCKING~ news you heard about from conservative radio op

memento mori
May 4, 2008
MotherJones is poo poo. Their writers seem mentally ill.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i love racism. it's my favorite

Macht
Jun 18, 2007
roll with brian lamb
what if you cum, minus some calories

F hole
May 13, 2008

lol that people can actually make a living writing bullshit like that

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
that thing you do daily? it makes you a bad person!

click here to find out what it is

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

a real jerk posted:

kill...whitey?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
a straight white man goes into the jungle and stumbles across a beautiful iridescent beetle, completely unfamiliar to him: “what the gently caress is this, some kind of social justice bullshit?”

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Lol if you think Americans only eat 3 meals a day.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
leon trotsky invented the word racist. he also invented black people. p convenient wouldnt u say

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

skeletonotherkin posted:

Lol if you think Americans only eat 3 meals a day.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-majority-of-americans-now-eating-one-contin,30141/

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lol that photo

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
I’m done.

I wrote something with rationalizations, justifications, and defenses against misinformation but deleted it, because I realized it doesn’t really matter. What does is how I feel: my perspective has changed after this week on the world of cosplay. I will keep doing “make believe” costumes and encouraging kids (+those at heart) to follow their imaginations, but I’m out as far as everything else goes. No thanks.

It probably would have been easier if everyone was just personally attacking me since that’s easy to ignore, but it’s that PLUS my friends and professionals who are amazing and hardworking, ethical people. Flawed? Yes. But do you want me to throw stones at your glass house?

My mom just survived cancer (again). I’ve gone to more funerals than I have weddings. My childhood was spent watching people I loved suffer through addiction, prostitution, jail, child protective services, abuse. I personally experienced things that are too triggering for me to talk about.

And seeing all of this, that’s where I’m at. I don’t even want to go on my Facebook or Twitter or Tumblr anymore. Literally, panic attacks. And, I always tell people, “When it stops being fun, stop doing it.”

I couldn’t even get 100 shares when I (against better judgement lest it gets plagiarized) posted an excerpt of my research that inspired the Peter Pan costumes. That’s what people claimed they wanted right? Process? Fun? But when they get it? Oh… sorry. There’s some drama happening, better re-post that instead. But don’t do that on the TV show because that’s not real.

I’m tired of traditional cosplay. You can find me in the world of the Never Never Land. If that’s where you want to be, you know how to get there.

I love you. Let’s never fight again.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Interesting :jackbud:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i base my eating habits around downton abbey

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

toggle posted:

Interesting :jackbud:

i met this rainbowstriped fatcunt in GDC

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Blue Raider posted:

i base my eating habits around downton abbey

Upstairs/downstairs? :a2m:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

cool thread im hella enraged about this

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Macht posted:

what if you cum, minus some calories

Cum Lite (TM)?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah I just eat whenever I get hungry

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

white people don't know when to eat so they have their iphones tell them when its time to eat

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
This just in: it is literally impossible not to be racist

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
what about second breakfast lol

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

nice I didn't know they were still around. still love that 'She Drives Me Crazy' song

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
i begin every sentence i say to a non-white person with "sorry"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

RaceBannon posted:

i begin every sentence i say to a non-white person with "sorry"

Me too. "Sorry you're such a jerk," that is!

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

Keira posted:

they actually watched Native Americans eat "as a form of entertainment."

my family still does this every friday night down at the res

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

adocious posted:

my family still does this every friday night down at the res

its just frybread and miller lite on the menu isnt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU