Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

The Mad Archivist posted:

I am now filled with a burning need to either know more of, or create, a clown rank hierarchy based on a military one

Clowns already have a hierarchy. The whiteface ranks above the auguste. Its like a D/S thing except they're supposed to make people laugh and hide their boners.

I don't know what happens if the auguste is a master clown and the whiteface is just starting out, maybe the auguste secretly whispers pointers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drfishback
Nov 5, 2009
Whats the matter kid,don't you like clowns?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUVzt4MAev0

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

is 28 too late or too early to decide I'd like to become a clown?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
According to Wikipedia, North America's great contribution to clowning is the hobo clown character and various variants.

It is probably the lowest ranking of all clowns but some of them are probably spies working for Clown Intelligence.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
if you make a business contract while dressed as a clown and honking a bicycle horn

can you use this as a reason to nullify agreement or declare agreement non binding

tia

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The Last Circus was a good look into the dynamic of auguste and blanc clowns. Also, its batshit crazy.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
a master of irish blackface. a noble pursuit.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
I bet those master clowns really hate the whole "scary clown" preoccupation the world has now.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
it only makes them work harder and strive for better clownsmanship

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I wonder how master clowns and sane clown organizations such as clowns international feel about these fellows.

Where does the Juggalo rank among the Whiteface and Auguste?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Karate Bastard posted:

So few of us left. We are 46 days into this farce and dawn woke five less than went under the canvas at nightfall. Curd and cream from light caliber splashback stripe battle weary faces, slowly going rancid in the unrelenting summer sun that boils us alive with nothing but layers upon layers of festive woolen garb to shield us from its murderous glare. Noone expected the mimes to be so resilient. Horns, water barrels, small rebellious canines; all staples of proven comedy that do nothing for their bitter blackened hearts. We fought horror daily since we realized that our only hope would be schadenfreude. The nutshots have taken a heavy toll on our numbers but every chuckle agonizingly drawn from their sneering faces has put us ahead. My painted rictus mirrors my resolve as I again order out the main cannon. Today another platoon goes over their walls. Hardened veterans all; they know it is useless to sweat to death against them. No nets this time. Our nets are broken. We are out of custard. I go now to step into the cylinder, to lead the charge from which there can be no return. We knew this day would come when we donned the paint. We are clowns. Let's see who laughs last.

~ Clownmander Histrionicus Theodore "Uncle Nutsie" Radcliffe, Carnies 4:21

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Linux Pirate posted:

I wonder how master clowns and sane clown organizations such as clowns international feel about these fellows.

Where does the Juggalo rank among the Whiteface and Auguste?

most clowns can probably relate to this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXyxYBPJngk

more clown music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksCi8Ei7ykE

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 7, 2015

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I listened to the first song, I am not listening to the second :colbert:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du71B7kEHvY

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Sgt. Binky's gone, it wasn't supposed to happen like this. The sneering Frenchman dissapeared through the tatters of tent flapping in the cotton candy-scented breeze, scampering over obstacles only he could see. Binky's pleading eyes look up at me as his life's blood pumps from an invisible wound.

I take his nose, foamed and red, another auguste, lost. The greasepaint hides my tears as we order the tramps onwards.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

So few of us left. We are 46 days into this farce and dawn woke five less than went under the canvas at nightfall. Curd and cream from light caliber splashback stripe battle weary faces, slowly going rancid in the unrelenting summer sun that boils us alive with nothing but layers upon layers of festive woolen garb to shield us from its murderous glare. Noone expected the mimes to be so resilient. Horns, water barrels, small rebellious canines; all staples of proven comedy that do nothing for their bitter blackened hearts. We fought horror daily since we realized that our only hope would be schadenfreude. The nutshots have taken a heavy toll on our numbers but every chuckle agonizingly drawn from their sneering faces has put us ahead. My painted rictus mirrors my resolve as I again order out the main cannon. Today another platoon goes over their walls. Hardened veterans all; they know it is useless to sweat to death against them. No nets this time. Our nets are broken. We are out of custard. I go now to step into the cylinder, to lead the charge from which there can be no return. We knew this day would come when we donned the paint. We are clowns. Let's see who laughs last.

~ Clownmander Histrionicus Theodore "Uncle Nutsie" Radcliffe, Carnies 4:21

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

If badass clowns who take their comedy very seriously are yoir thing, pratchett has

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Puberty is unkind to Bobby Hill. His face transforms into a pock-marked wasteland, and his aggression rages unchecked.

"Old Yeller?" Hank asks, melodramatic as ever with Winchester rifle in his hands.

"Now just hold on, Hank." Peggy digs around in her fanny pack and pulls out a rolled-up and thoroughly highlighted Reader's Digest. "This article suggests that we find an appropriate outlet for Bobby to express himself. And since he's our Buddha-bellied el retardo, it looks like it'll be Clown College for our little boy!"

CLOWN COLLEGE

Ever since he could remember, Bobby had always wanted to be a Troll Doll. Now that he was wearing a shock of neon blueberry hair, he felt like he was one step closer to that life goal. "My parents didn't know what to do with me," he explains to a woman sitting next to him; she is twice his age and inexplicably pedestrian looking. Is she even trying? "So they sold me to the Clown College."

"Mmmhmm...that's...nice. I guess." But she seems more interested in a VHS cassette tape that she worries constantly.

"I once found a tape like that at my house. It was a video of men naked-wrestling. It made me feel...funny. But not like 'ha ha clown' funny."

"My husband recorded this tape for me. This is his suicide tape," the woman says abruptly. "This is my husband, now." She raises the tape to her nose and inhales deeply.

Just then, the instructor enters the lecture hall. He is an aged man, affected by thick, circular pince-nez glasses, Van Dyke, and frock coat. "Greetings and salutations, ladies," he says with all the aplomb of a theater actor. "I don't greet gentlemen because men are the scum of the earth."

Bobby's stomach twists and he sinks into his seat.

"YOU MAY ASK: WHY are MEN SCUM OF THE EARTH? WELL. It is BECAUSE--" Just then the instructor sees Bobby. "You, there: Why do you have that damnable blue wig on your head?"

"My parents sold me to this clown college," Bobby explains weakly.

"CLOWN COLLEGE? Is that some sort of JEST?"

The knot in Bobby's stomach swells and burns. That's when he realizes that it isn't any ordinary knot; it is the puberty.

"THIS IS NO CLOWN COLLEGE, BOY."

Bobby grinds his teeth as beads of sweat bubble up beneath his blue wig; a furious rage swells deep inside of him, eating at his insides like acid. He jumps up on the table and roars like a lion, but the roar is hidden behind a mere boy's voice. The entire lecture hall erupts in riotous laughter, accompanied by the boos and jeers of braver students who pelt Bobby with trash. He drops down into the middle of the hall and shields himself from the missiles, but the instructor seizes him by the arm. "WHERE ARE YOU GOING, YOU QUEER LITTLE BOY?"

Bobby bites down on the old man's arm and instantly draws blood; the instructor gasps and lets go. The boy is lost in a blood-rage. He growls and gurgles and stoops low, dodging thrown objects. There is only the puberty. But some primitive instinct deep inside of him tells him he must escape, and he is beholden to the raw urge. He flees the room and disappears.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

who wanna fucc

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
christian clowns ≠ master clowns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s92iRbhMgY

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

if you're thinking about choosing a path to become a master clown or are serious about clowning in general, that video is a must.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Linux Pirate posted:

if you're thinking about choosing a path to become a master clown or are serious about clowning in general, that video is a must.

It's a great intro into quiet clowning for the elderly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Glassware tortuously writhes across all available shelving and extends its haphazard mycelium via makeshift scaffolding into nothing. Retorts and chromatography columns spew forth their noxious vapors where connections are broken or never made or even intended, in billowing prismatic clouds along the charring rafters. Some of it genuine, some of it cunningly spun sugar, the difference indiscernible until it comes crashing down into your face after an inopportune banana peel skid or office jape. Sometimes screams and severed limbs is the price of progress, but our histrionics are losing and the tide must be turned. Some wear rebreathers, gloves and heavy stained aprons; some wear bottle bottom glasses and swimming trunks, but all wear the red pointed curls of the scientillator corps. The Rector Rictus hasn't come down here in months. I have no idea what these people are doing anymore. Did I ever? Did anyone? I ordered the addition of 4.5 liters of methanol and now they are adding something rancid by the barrel and the apparatus is regurgitating something vile and festive as a result. The chained primates are screaming, mayhap from prolonged neuronal degradation, but more likely from chemically coerced levity like staring into the face of Gelos. Such is the emergent genius of our chaotic blundering; we force the hand of serendipity. We recruited well. We will have the the panacea, the fragrance of the gods. The laughing gas will purge the silent unbelievers. We are clowns. Let's see whose laughs last.

~ Inquisitor Scientillatori Beppo Salieri, Carnies 5:33

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 8, 2015

• Locked thread