Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

TheMostFrench posted:

Guys lets play mario party! *everyone goes home with blisters on their palms*

God dammit TMF this is why we play first person shooters.

Stop stealing my star, you loving rear end in a top hat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
*Starts N64 game*

*touches joystick before the system can calibrate the controller*

* Joystick movement all hosed up*

*Restarts game*

________

Hey guys. Come on over, we'll play no mercy / wrestlemania / wcw revenge / wcw vs nwo !
, royal rumble mode.

hell yeah!

Oh god, stop ganging up on me!

----------

Perfect Dark multiplayer mode

*Selects the grid map*

* Make computer players crazy police guards*

*picks mr. blonde *

It's just like the matrix movie!

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Rocks posted:

"you're right I owe you a controller"

*replaces Nintendo brand controller with $15 Mad Catz knock off*

Zelda's majora mask's water temple boss fight & Conker's bad fur day 's countdown time limit escape from the teddy base made me smash mine and my friend's controllers into the ground.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Roger Craig posted:

"Hey guys lets play with prox mines on stack"

*rushes upper level and camps there, raining death from above*

Whoever controls the body armor, wins. More so if you pick motherfucking Jaws.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Rocks posted:

me and my friends loved us some Conkers BFD, especially the beach level

Immigrant invasion was the best.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
"What;s this? A new game system?"

*plays mario 64 for the first time at toy r us *

"Wooooooooow this is so awesome! "

*Dad and older brother rents N64, pilotwings and Mario at blockbuster*

" We gotta show this to cousin Johnny and EJ. This is dope"

*Awwwww, we got to bring it back this week?"

*Gets N64, Mario and Star Wars Shadow of the empire along with loving awesome Star wars toys for Christmas*

"Holy fuuuuuuuu.....WOWOWOOWOW! STAR WARS! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!"

* plays snowspeeder hoth level*

" WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! AT-AT, and you can trip them too! THIS IS INSANE! Look how real the graphic is, the battle is intense too! "

*Plays Mario 64*

" Jesus, the world is HUGE !"

" Hey cuz, I need your help getting the blue coins doing the wall jump at rainbow ride?"

And then there was this :

Look how pretty everything looked. The water technology was quite impressive at its time.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Nonviolent J posted:

goldeneye invented speedrunning to get the cheats. facility 00 agent 2:05 was insane, i got exactly on after months
now the world record is 54 seconds ?!?!?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ouq2P--2x2Y

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

And then there's the control room moment; protecting Natalia. How could anybody forget that one?

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Tyson Tomko posted:

You could be creative with doors and make them float in mid air I remember that much. I also loved the fact the game was smart/cool enough to let you shoot mines with a Rocket Launcher or whatever else you wanted and they'd explode. (and slow the system down in its epic act of badassness)

Of course you also had to be careful with your own proximity mines, throwing it does not mean the mine will not blow up you, unlike the call of duty games when your mine does not detects you and your teammates.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Whirlwind Jones posted:

While he looked badass his headshot hitbox was like twice the size of the other characters, making him a poor choice. Oddjob is actually a poor choice in this regard too. Everyone always thought that he was a strategic choice because of a his smaller frame but his height also means that his head is in direct line of a standard shot. Where most people would take a body shot, Oddjob gets popped in the noggin.

Arctic Siberian special force soldier is the best strategic character. He has all shades of grey, all the levels have a lot of grey, thus he blends in really well with the map. I learned of this fact a few months ago and hope to exploit when i get a chance for multiplayer again.

Edit : Beaten many times for siberian soldier.

I like how the bond villains in multiplayer introduced my 9 years old self to the James Bonds lore and its classical movies. Anyone ever got stuck at the Dam's gate because you didn't know you could shoot a lock off because no other games ever did anything like that?

Hingehead fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 10, 2015

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
"FOX! DO A BARREL ROLL!"

* Selects Bowser for mutiplayer battle on Mario Kart 64. Drives straight into cousin's frail yoshi into a wall. Wins battle in 4 seconds. *

My brother's friend visited Japan and brought back a Japanese wrestling game much like WCW vs NWO , only problem was the size of the tape was larger than the North American 64 cartridge insertion, we had to get a converter cartridge similar to gameshark to get it to the system. Then the game and the manual was in Japanese, we could never know what we were doing, everything was all guesswork.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
How many of you in goldeneye got stuck at the dam's fence gate because you didn't know you had to shoot the lock off. What other games at that time has ever done anything like this?

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I sincerely don't understand how anyone could have gotten caught on this. Same with the lock. I always try and shoot locks off of doors if I'm new to the game and haven't seen it before.

Same with cups and glasses and poo poo.

The problem was I didn't even see the lock the first time through. I never expected anything like that to happen.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

you know I'm not really sure, and I don't even know if I'm confusing Complex with Basement or something

All I know is there's a room that has like three glass panes you can get behind and sit there with mines everywhere.

There is a hidden room covered with fake wall that you can walk through in complex. gently caress that poo poo.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Yeah, It was something like Infinite ammo, THE cheat everyone wanted to have. However, after about 5-10 minutes of a standoff in the library, I was regretting it. Then, everything came down to when to reload.

I didn't mind Dr Doak being in different spots, since the entire (successful) run only lasted 2:05 anyway. It'd be worse if it was something like 'Beat Control in 11 minutes', and you had to deal with a randomly-placed scientist at the end of the level. Not there? Your run is hosed.

Actually, just thinking of that is starting to give me some sort of eye-twitch. Ugh, Control.

Arghhh I remember the scientists in the Cavern. What made it worst is that the scientists would stand next to the computers you had to destroy, blowing it up would kill the scientist. You had to shoot near them to get them to move and if you did shoot them, they'd shoot back, loving your poo poo up.

I still got that drat 2x RC-P90 after so many pains and frustrations.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

goldeneye and perfect dark and conkers bad fur day multiplayer are all garbage if you play them today. srsly, throw them in the trash.

A Jar Jar Bink Fan. You need to die and be permabanned from the internet for saying such heresy.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Frostwerks posted:

was turok series any good? it seems like it could have been fun

The first and second games were good. I never got around to beating either games because it was incredibly huge and confusing at the time.

Anyone ever bothered to beat Donkey Kong 64? The sheer size of this game was overwhelming, i never got around to beating that either.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

In the main campaign, sure. loving Aztec wins for hardest level though.

Anyone else feel a sense of dread every time you'd start that one on hard? No, just me?

Nope, you are not alone on this. What's not to hate? You had to take out several drone guns from the vent leading to the shuttle launch bay. You have zero covers, the vent is your only hiding spot The drone guns were far away for you to see which requires precision, to make matters difficult than it already is, there are moonraker guards hiding further away behind boxes in the dark with their laser gun. After spending 30 minutes clearing the drat launch bay, you now have to face Jaws, he has very tough health on AND 2x M16 rifles AND he can chase you down the complex.

gently caress THE AZTEC ON 00 Agent. It caused me nothing but griefs, I still beat it though.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
*Bunker II level*

*Is stuck in jail*

*Doesn't know what to do to escape*

*Sadly shut the game off after being cockblocked*

* Gets mind blown when cousin show me to use the magnet watch to get the key hanging on the wall across the room*

"gently caress YEAH! Time to wreck some poo poo! "

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
I don't care what anybody says.

This game....

was the most fun game....

I have ever enjoyed and is undoubtedly the most underrated game.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Moxie posted:

It was a good rental

But uh did you have other games?

Uhhh yeah, I enjoyed all of them, but Mission Impossible was a different kind of fun.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you and I have different definitions of fun

Goddamn it, I was a kid and the game was fun to me !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Muerte posted:

You are correct in your opinion. This was the best game better than Goldeneye. When I face swapped I thought that was the greatest thing.

It was no goldeneye, but it was still a drat fun game. How awesome was it to dress as a fireman as a way to escape the building when it's "on fire" ?

• Locked thread