Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

*blows into N64 cart slot for 30 minutes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

*wiggles cart around inside the N64 slot, TV screen keeps flickering, RARE logo keeps on appearing and disappearing*

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Cubey posted:

rubbing alcohol and q-tips, dumbass

lol, geekoid.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Rocks posted:

*shuts off system, wraps up controllers, and puts entire console and controllers into wicker basket to be placed behind a door under the TV, out of sight from Mom completely*

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Hingehead posted:

"What;s this? A new game system?"

*plays mario 64 for the first time at toy r us *

"Wooooooooow this is so awesome! "

*Dad and older brother rents N64, pilotwings and Mario at blockbuster*

" We gotta show this to cousin Johnny and EJ. This is dope"

*Awwwww, we got to bring it back this week?"

*Gets N64, Mario and Star Wars Shadow of the empire along with loving awesome Star wars toys for Christmas*

"Holy fuuuuuuuu.....WOWOWOOWOW! STAR WARS! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!"

* plays snowspeeder hoth level*

" WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! AT-AT, and you can trip them too! THIS IS INSANE! Look how real the graphic is, the battle is intense too! "

*Plays Mario 64*

" Jesus, the world is HUGE !"

" Hey cuz, I need your help getting the blue coins doing the wall jump at rainbow ride?"

And then there was this :

Look how pretty everything looked. The water technology was quite impressive at its time.

dude./.. 'quite' impressive? It was insane.

tfw you first played mario 64. it was released 3 years after zelda 3 lol. what an insane jump.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

TheMostFrench posted:

I feel that Perfect Dark was a lot better than Goldeneye, but for some reason significantly less people had heard of it, at least in my circle of friends. The Datadyne levels at the start were awesomely tense, also the fact you could knock guys out.

Shooting a guy in the crotch in PD and having him say 'Whyy...me?' Was a great combination of :lol: and :smith: that I won't forget. You could even shoot guns out of people's hands!

Wow that game really did have everything.

e: the gun that you could turn into a mine was so awesome! You use all your ammo and throw an exploding loving gun at them! EAT IT CUNTS.

It came out way late in the N64s life but yeah, it owned, totally jammed with cool stuff. It's a real late nineties game in its attitude.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Blast corps was way too stressful to be fun imo.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I love women too but how you say something is more important than what you say, according to stupid people.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i want the old internet back.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Shnag posted:

Great memories of battle tanks. That tumbling tank was the best one. Saving your Goliath tank for last. And the fact you were killing each other over women was sweet too. The objective was to kidnap the other teams woman to use as your brood sow.

ugh, gross.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

The Time Dissolver posted:

On Goldeneye and Perfect Dark we used to set no score limit and no time limit and play 4 player literally all night, into morning. I kind of look back on that in awe, these days about 3 hrs at a time is the most I can game it up.

same but we also used to plow through games like ICO, too.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

classes ruined fps

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

the animation in turok 1 blew my mind. it was also scary as hell. i wonder what it looks like now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

jsut did, now im gagging for some sweet N64 action.

• Locked thread