Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

The slow cloud from Braid should always be mentioned for awesome trolls. There is a cloud in one of the levels that is moving so slowly, it is almost impossible to notice it is moving at all. To get one of the hidden stars in the game, you have to not only realize that it is moving but ride it for 2 hours.

The turtle in Wasteland 2 is more recent and in the same vein. In one of the villages, you can find a turtle that is stuck on its back. If you choose to flip the turtle over it will start very. slowly. walking. If you follow this turtle, you will realize that it is not just some random AI movement; that turtle is following a set and defined path that eventually takes you ALL over this village. Following this turtle for what felt like a half an hour, I was rewarded with a new dig spot. In this dig spot was a normal loot drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

I don't understand all of this blitz ball difficulty. Did everyone fail the mini game on the ship that gives you the jecht shot? The strategy to win that first game is just: give tidus the ball -> use jecht shot -> repeat

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

I love how at the beginning of MGS3 they double-troll you by first asking you some 4th wall breaking questions to set up the feel of the game. One of them is asking which of the two prior MGS games you liked better. If you say you liked 2 more (and I did. The story is pretty much where Kojima stopped trying to pretend to make sense, but mechanically it's superior) the intro stage starts with Snake wearing a Raiden mask that he's told to take off after a minute.

Also, the character who looked just like Raiden who was the gay lover of the villain you chase for most of the game. You had to beat him up and steal his identity to continue at one point; allowing you to put on a Raiden disguise whenever you want for the rest of the game. MGS3 is the best MGS, and I need to replay it.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Dabir posted:

The popular theory is that Raiden was actually playing The Twin Snakes, which explains why Snake's picked up so many new moves in that game, why the cutscenes are all so ridiculous compared to how they originally went down, and why there's a couple of hidden VR targets around the base.

That's a cool thing to think about (and the interpretation works), but in reality the cutscenes are different because when Kojima was shown an early build of the remake by the team, it had shot-for-shot remakes of the MGS1 cutscenes, and he told the director of Twin Snakes to feel free to add his own personality to the cutscenes.

• Locked thread