Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

You don't have to tell him to breath, the important part is to tell him to take a deep breath. I can't believe I actually beat that game without a guide as a kid.

Also that game has a huge gently caress-you in that if you get kissed by a random alien about three quarters thought he game an alien will burst out your chest in the last frame of the game giving you a game over. Hope you have a save far enough back.

I like to think the rubber tree gag in Secret of Monkey Island was Lucasart's way of trolling Sierra. I mean, if mocking is a form of trolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-_-QxerYno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

Hyperlynx posted:

Sierra's old Space Quest was full of these moments. Actually, I think all the old Sierra adventure games were deliberately esoteric and designed to make people call their 900 hint line.

It's not a coincidence the genre imploded around the same time the internet took off.

• Locked thread