Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

One of Drakengard's last bosses is a rhythm game, up until that point the game was an action rpg, not only it is a rythm game you have to guess the button time as there is no visual endicators. Also the song is pretty goddamn hard.

have some whining;

quote:

1: Rhythm match?! In an ACTION/HACK & SLASH game? AGAIN!? Seriously, you guys didn't learn your lesson in Drakengard 1 from how many players flamed and blew up your boards?? But to make things worse, you go from a matchable Color based Rhythm game, to a pulse-tone???

2: Pulse Tone as I said in #1! Did you guys not think of anyone who is DEAF playing this game? Or I dunno, people with BAD timing or Rhythm, cuz there are gamers who play Action/Hack & Slash games who don't need their hearing or any sense of Timing/Rhythm. But you make it the FINAL BOSS for the BEST ending???

3: Monochrome + Matching Rings... seriously, you guys just had to make it that much harder, that the rings sent out MATCH the flower petals so that on two sequences you CAN NOT SEE the ring at all much less Mikhail?

4: Angles... my gods... you again made it worse by changing the angles so often it's even harder to read where the rings are in position to Mikhail! Combine this with #3 and it's all boiled down to TIMING which as I said in #2 not everyone is good with!

5: The LONG BEHIND TIME.... Seriously, almost 7(Seven) minutes of this?! This is just STUPID for an "Ending boss" in a game like this, you already cut out the things that made this series what it is (Dragon Flight, Dragon Call to Roast thousands!, and thousands of soldiers to kill!)

6: Why didn't Mikhail just EAT HER while she was small, BEFORE the flower bloomed? Seriously... she was the last one... this sequence has no point other than to piss players off. NONE! AT ALL!

7: To make matters worse... any time you DIE, you have to sit through the SAME 30seconds of cut-scene... and you will die... a LOT... 4hrs now and I still haven't beat the 4th sequence...

8: You guys dropped short tutorials for EVERYTHING ELSE - EXCEPT - this fight. Nope... we're just supposed to know EXACTLY what we have to do the second we see that we have control. At least in Drakengard 1 - You only had to send out the matching color to shatter the wall of force, and you could VISUALLY SEE which one to drop out... in this... it's literally just hoping you hit the button at the right time for the first wall, then remembering the pulse tone pattern to hit the next.

9: When did I buy DDR controller version?? What happened to Drakengard 3? Where is my Destructive army smashing power? Why am I playing a Rhythm game after 16+ Hrs of Hack & Slash????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

I forgot the name, but there was a steam or diesel punk mech jrpg on the Playstation 2 that where early on in the game you are asked to go on an adventure with the option to say no. If you choose no your character lives in unadventurous life and dies of old age, game over.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Doc Morbid posted:

But don't worry, you can get another one!

:suicide:

This is all Akitoshi Kawazu's doing. I know it.

One ways to get the spear is to punch yourself in the face a thousand times.

• Locked thread