Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

I remember Operation Flashpoint having a similar system called FADE, where pirated copies would run fine at first, and then start to really bug out and do weird things. The major issue with this is the fact that the game was generally a buggy mess to start with so it was kind of impossible to distinguish between induced bugs and normal bugs. Add to this the fact that FADE would occasionally kick in even for legit copies and it was generally just a bit of a clusterfuck. At least the Arkham Asylum and Serious Sam guys added an easily identifiable gamebreaking bug as a troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
If lovely illogical adventure game puzzles count as a troll, then the cat hair moustache has to be included.

http://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/77.html

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Soul Reaver posted:

A yet some companies (Blizzard for example), manage to release patch after patch for their games, without major delays between, all tweaking, bugfixing and balancing their games. They were doing this already back in the day with Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3, before WoW came out to make them infinite amounts of money. Which leads me to think that either the above process isn't followed by everyone (and has no major detriment when it isn't), or it is, but only some companies give enough of a poo poo to do so (and in that case, Bioware clearly doesn't).

But you're talking about them patching ME1 after the bug was discovered in ME2. And the only people who would benefit would be those who were so annoyed by the bug that they'd play through ME1 again to fix it.

Actually acknowledging the situation in ME3 with a joke is the better solution

• Locked thread